Mark Roman | February 13, 2018 | Safety Tips
Do you drop off your little ones to daycare each day you go to work? Parents over depend on daycare centers to provide a safe, secure, and supervised space while they are away. Caretakers and daycare staff members need to take their responsibility seriously and never act negligently when looking after children placed under their temporary care. Otherwise, a variety of unexpected dangers can arise, each one a potential hazard that might hurt an innocent child.
A daycare center can become a dangerous space when:
- There are not enough staff members to adequately keep an eye on all the children at the center.
- Staff members are not trained in basic care, medication administration, first aid, and emergency procedures, including child CPR.
- Poisonous or toxic materials are not kept clear out of reach from children.
- Defective toys, products, and equipment are provided to the children.
- Sick-care policy does not adequately quarantine ill children.
- Food fed to children is improperly prepared, handled, or stored.
- Bullying is not prevented through supervision.
Taking Legal Action If Your Child is Injured at Daycare
What are you supposed to do if your child is hurt while attending daycare? In most circumstances, the daycare facility will try to put the blame on the child, or make broad statements like, “Kids play rough.” This is not acceptable. You paid for a childcare service with the expectation that your child would be kept free from harm due to being in a safe, controlled environment. When a kid is hurt in daycare, the liability should fall entirely upon the daycare company.
You deserve compensation that helps pay for medical costs, provides noneconomic damages for your child’s undue pain and suffering, and may even include punitive damages to penalize the daycare center for its negligence. At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, our Clearwater child injury attorneys are adamant about protecting the rights and well-being of children and their parents. Led by two Florida Bar board-certified civil trial lawyers, we have the experience, insight, and tenacity needed to drive your case towards a beneficial outcome and a maximized recovery.
Contact the Personal Injury Law Firm Of Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers To Get The Help You Deserve
If you need help with your injury case or you want to learn more information, please call the Personal Injury law firm of Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers at (727) 787-2500 or visit the nearest location to schedule a free case evaluation today.
If you would prefer to email us, please visit our contact page.