Have you been hurt in an accident in Sand Key, Florida? You could be entitled to compensation for your suffering, and the attorneys at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers want to help. We’ve recovered more than $120 million in compensation for our clients, and we’re ready to fight for you, too.
How Our Sand Key Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You Fight for Damages
Personal injuries in Sand Key, FL, are terrifying and traumatic, leaving you with painful injuries and a stack of medical bills you may have no way to pay. When you’re already overwhelmed and in pain, you may wonder if it’s worth the trouble of hiring a personal injury lawyer to work on your case.
When you hire Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we will
- Investigate your case
- Gather evidence
- Talk to witnesses
- Calculate your full settlement amount
- Negotiate with insurance companies
- Take your case to court if necessary
We know all the tricks the insurance companies will use to try to cheat you out of a settlement, and we can protect you against them. We’ll help you avoid any blame for the accident, send demand letters, and take your case to court if needed.
Our lawyers always work on a contingency basis, which means you won’t have to pay a dime unless we recover money in your case. Schedule a free consultation with our lawyers, no obligation required, to discuss your case.
The History of Sand Key in Clearwater, FL
Sand Key is a community located on a barrier island off the west coast of Florida. It is home to some of the world’s most beautiful beaches and a gorgeous public park. Sand Key is also home to a historic lighthouse.
In the 19th century, pirates ravaged the Florida Keys, and the government decided to build a series of lighthouses on the barrier islands to guard against these marauders. In 1827, a brick lighthouse was built on Sand Key, but it blew away during the Havana Hurricane in 1846. Later, they built a cast iron lighthouse in its place, which you can still see today. If you enjoy snorkeling or scuba diving, you may even still be able to see some of the rubble from the original lighthouse hiding under the waves.
Sand key is home to :
How to get to Roman Austin Persona Injury Lawyers From Sand Key, Clearwater, FL
Public Transportation Directions
Via E State Rd 60 E and US-19 N
- Turn left onto Gulf Blvd, then turn left onto S Gulfview Blvd.
- Turn right onto S Hamden Dr, then take a slight left onto Coronado Dr.
- At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto Causeway Blvd/Clearwater Memorial Causeway.
- Continue onto Chestnut St and then continue onto Court St.
- Continue onto Gulf to Bay Blvd, then use the left 2 lanes to turn left at U.S. 19 Frontage Rd before continuing onto E Service Rd.
- Merge onto US-19 N.
- After five miles, turn left onto Congress Ave. Our offices will be on your right just past the McDonald’s.
Via US-19 Alt N
- Turn left onto Gulf Blvd and then turn left onto S Gulfview Blvd.
- Turn right onto S Hamden Dr, then take a slight left onto Coronado Dr.
- At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto Causeway Blvd/Clearwater Memorial Causeway, then continue onto Chestnut St.
- Turn left onto S Myrtle Ave, and then continue onto N Fort Harrison Ave and then onto Edgewater Dr.
- Turn right onto US-19 ALT N, then take a left onto Broadway and continue onto Bayshore Blvd.
- Turn right onto FL-586 E/Curlew Rd and in about two miles, turn right onto Fisher Rd
- Once Fisher Rd turns left and becomes Congress Ave, our offices will be on your left just past Covered Bridge Dr E.
Via E State Rd 60 E
- Turn left onto Gulf Blvd, then turn left onto S Gulfview Blvd
- Turn right onto S Hamden Dr before taking a slight left onto Coronado Dr
- At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto Causeway Blvd/Clearwater Memorial Causeway, then continue onto Chestnut St
- Continue onto Court St and then onto Gulf to Bay Blvd before turning left onto S Keene Rd.
- Turn right onto Achieva Way, then turn right onto Main St
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Frontage Rd, and take a slight right onto US-19 N.
- After a mile, turn left onto Congress Ave. Our offices will be on your right just past the McDonald’s.
Our Personal Injury Law Firm’s Primary Practice Areas
A car accident can leave your life in shambles as you try to recover from devastating injuries and face down piles of medical bills. Our personal injury lawyers can help you stand up to the insurance companies and get the settlement you deserve.
Bicyclists face a plethora of risks on the streets of Clearwater, and dozens of cyclists get injured on Florida roads every year. If you’ve been hurt in a bicycle accident in Sand Key, our personal injury lawyers can help. We’ll fight to make sure you get a fair settlement for your pain and suffering.
A staggering 80 percent of motorcycle accidents end in injury or death. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident on Sand Key, our lawyers can help you get the compensation you deserve. We’ll protect you from blame for the accident and take on the insurance companies to get a fair settlement.
Slip & Fall Accidents
Premises owners in Sand Key, Florida, are responsible for maintaining their property in a safe manner. If they don’t and you slip and fall, they could be liable for any injuries you receive. Our lawyers can help you gather evidence for your case and get fair compensation.
Commercial trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds in Florida, and accidents with them can be even more devastating than normal crashes. If you were injured in one of these accidents, you may find yourself facing down not just an insurance company, but also the trucking companies. Our lawyers will stand up for your rights and make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
Losing a loved one is always painful, but it can be especially devastating when you know they didn’t have to die. Our personal injury lawyers can help you get justice for your loved one. We’ll make sure the person who caused their death is held responsible and that you get a fair settlement.
Damages Available in Sand Key Personal Injury Cases
There are three basic types of damage you can get in a personal injury case in Sand Key.
- Economic damages – These damages cover any losses that come with an attached price tag. This can include medical expenses, ongoing costs of care, property damage, lost wages, loss of future earning potential, and so on.
- Non-economic damages – Although these damages may not have an inherent dollar value, they are no less important. These damages can cover pain and suffering, mental anguish, emotional trauma, loss of companionship, scarring and disfigurement, and more.
- Punitive damages – These damages are meant to punish a defendant for acting in an especially heinous manner during the accident. These are extraordinarily rare to recover in a personal injury case and come with a heavy burden of proof.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers will carefully calculate every damage you’re owed and make sure you get a full settlement.
What Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Pinellas County?
One of the biggest concerns many personal injury victims have is how they’ll afford to pay for a lawyer. After all, most injury victims wind up carrying a pile of medical debt, and they often can’t go back to work while they heal. How are they supposed to pay for a lawyer when they’re already swimming in bills and have no form of income?
The good news is that most reputable personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis. This means that they take their fee from a portion of the settlement they recover for you. If they don’t get any compensation for you, you may not have to pay them a dime.
Statute of Limitations in Florida Personal Injury Cases
In Florida personal injury cases, there’s a time limit on how long you have after an accident to file a claim for damages. For instance, you can’t file for compensation for an injury that happened twenty years ago. This time limit is called the statute of limitations.
In Florida, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is two years. In most cases, this means that you have two years after the date of your accident to file a claim.
Florida’s personal injury laws used to give victims four years to file lawsuits. However, it was updated on March 24, 2023, giving less time to take legal action. Therefore, if your Sand Key accident occurred after 3/24/23, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
However, in some cases, you may be able to file a claim after the two-year anniversary of your injury has passed. In medical malpractice cases, for example, you may not know the full extent of your injury until years after the fact. In these cases, you have four years after the date you discover the injury to file a claim.
While two years may seem like a long time, it can fly by when you’re focused on recovering from injuries and getting your life back on track. It’s important to talk to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after your accident to start building your case.
Schedule a free case evaluation with a Sand Key Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in an accident in Sand Key, our lawyers are here to help. Our Sand Key personal injury lawyers will gather evidence in your case, negotiate with the insurance companies, and defend you in court if that’s what it takes to get you fair compensation. Schedule a free case evaluation with us today to discuss your legal options.
We serve all neighborhoods throughout Clearwater, including:
- Sand Key (33767)
- Downtown (33756)
- Island Estates (33767)
- Imperial Cove (33764)
- Misty Springs (33761)
- Clearwater Point (33767)
- Viewpoint On The Bay (33756)
- Old Clearwater Bay (33755)
- Sand Key Club (33767)
- Del Oro Groves (33759)
- Normandy Park Oaks (33756)
- Countryside Woods (33761)
- Pierce 100 (33756)
- Westchester Lake (33761)
- Village On Island Estates (33767)
What Our Sand Key Clients Are Saying About Us
Read more of our Google Reviews here