If so, you may be entitled to significant financial compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and suffering.
The experienced Tampa brain injury lawyers at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight for the full amount you deserve. Our lawyers also help victims of Tampa Lyft accidents, Tampa catastrophic injuries, sexual assault, bus accidents, spinal cord injuries, and more.
How Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help With Your Brain Injury Claim in Tampa, FL
Some victims of brain injuries struggle with long-term consequences for the rest of their lives. Even if your injury is only temporary, you shouldn’t underestimate the costs.
You might be unable to work–and we all know how expensive medical care can be.
Money can make all the difference in the world when you’re navigating an uncertain future.
Fighting to recover fair compensation when someone else caused your injuries can be one of the most important things you do. Unfortunately, the insurance company probably won’t make things easy. An experienced Tampa personal injury attorney can make sure you’re getting the full compensation you deserve.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, our Board Certified civil law specialists have over 75 years of experience recovering compensation for injured clients in Tampa, Florida. We fight to get every dollar you deserve. Our attorneys and legal team can help by:
- Thoroughly investigating to demand compensation from every responsible party
- Hiring experts in medicine, vocational training, and mental health who can offer evidence about the long-term impact of your injuries
- Assessing the fair value of your injury claim
- Fighting back to limit the effectiveness of insurance tactics designed to reduce your compensation award
Our lawyers will negotiate to get the most compensation possible for you. To learn more about how we can help you through this challenging time, call our law firm to arrange a free consultation today.
Understanding the Potential Severity of Brain Injuries
Brain injuries can be one of the most serious types of injuries you can suffer.
The brain controls much of the body–including both physical and mental abilities.
According to The Center for Disease Control (CDC) reports, traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are unfortunately one of the most common causes of death and long-term disability in the United States.
In a single year, approximately 2.87 million brain injury-related emergency room visits, hospitalizations and deaths occurred in the U.S. About 58,600 people died as a result of traumatic brain injuries that year.
How Much Compensation Am I Entitled to Receive in a Florida Brain Injury Lawsuit?
If you were hurt because someone else caused an accident, you may be entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit for damages. After all, a brain injury can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to treat over a lifetime. Some brain injury victims even require permanent, around-the-clock care.
Every damages award is different. An experienced personal injury attorney will carefully evaluate your injuries to demand the most compensation possible.
That might include compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future medical expenses
- Lost future earning capacity
- Physical therapy
- Long-term care
- In-home modifications
- Medical devices
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Wrongful death of a loved one
You might even be entitled to punitive damages if the at-fault party’s actions were intentional. If you have questions, our lawyers are always available to schedule a free consultation. We can help you understand what to expect from the legal process–and do everything we can to recover the maximum compensation you deserve.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Most brain injuries are caused by some type of trauma to the head. Whether the head actually comes into contact with another object or is simply jolted back and forth, the consequences can be serious. There are two basic types of brain injury: closed head injuries and open head injuries.
Closed Head Injuries
A closed head injury does not actually penetrate the skull. Nevertheless, brain injuries can happen entirely inside the brain. A concussion is an example of a common closed head injury. The brain makes contact with the inside of the skull, causing trauma to the organ itself.
Closed head injuries can also happen if you’re exposed to toxic chemicals or other hazardous materials.
Open Head Injuries
The skull protects the delicate brain tissue from outside forces. To qualify as an open head injury, the skull must actually be penetrated by a foreign object.
Four basic types of skull penetration exist:
- Linear skull fractures, or cracks to the skull that don’t result in penetration of the brain
- Diastatic skull fractures, which are common in babies and happen when the regions of the skull become disconnected
- Depressed skull fractures, which are penetrations where a foreign object comes into contact with the brain
- Basilar skull fractures, where the base of the skull breaks
Any type of open head injury can lead to serious, if not permanent, brain damage. These types of injuries are often caused by some type of traumatic accident.
Specific Types of Brain Injury
Many different types of head injuries can be classified as brain injuries. Some of the types of injuries sustained in accidents include:
- Hypoxia (oxygen deprivation)
- Intracerebral hemorrhage (bleeding in the brain tissue)
- Intraventricular hemorrhage (bleeding in the ventricles)
- Edema (swelling of the brain)
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage (bleeding in the membrane surrounding the brain)
- Ischemia (insufficient blood flow to the brain)
- Coup-contrecoup injuries
Sometimes the signs of a brain injury are subtle. Any one of these injuries can become worse over time, leading to serious and permanent injuries. If you were hurt in an accident, see a doctor right away–even if your symptoms seem minor.
Signs That You’ve Sustained a Brain Injury
It’s important to pay close attention to your body in the days and weeks after an accident.
Your body could be sending you signs that indicate you’ve sustained a brain injury. In many cases, early treatment can be key to protecting your health.
Some brain injury signs to watch out for include:
- Loss of consciousness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in the ears
- Unusual mood changes
- Difficulty concentrating
- Extreme fatigue
- Memory loss
Of course, prompt medical care is the best way to diagnose brain injuries early and minimize the risk of permanent damage.
We Handle All Types of Brain Injury Cases in Tampa, FL
While it’s possible for a brain injury to be mild, many lead to catastrophic injuries. Too often, these injuries are caused by someone else’s negligence. At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we’re here to hold negligent parties responsible for their actions.
Our lawyers in Tampa represent clients who have sustained brain injuries because of:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Boat accidents
- Uber accidents and Lyft accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Accidents caused by defective products
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Acts of violence
If someone else was at fault, you may have the right to sue for damages.
If you suffered a brain injury in Tampa, call our law offices to learn about your legal rights. Your first consultation with Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers is absolutely free–so there’s no risk in learning more about how our skilled brain injury attorneys can help.
Long-Term Consequences of a Traumatic Brain Injury
Because the brain is so complex, a traumatic brain injury might impact your life dramatically. The consequences will depend upon the area of the brain that was damaged and the severity of the damage itself.
Potential long-term repercussions might include:
- Short-term or long-term memory loss
- Impaired speech
- Difficulty understanding others
- Impaired mobility
- Changes in mood and personality
- Difficulty thinking and reasoning
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Seizure disorders
- Wrongful death
Even if the injury wasn’t permanent, the cost of treating a brain injury can be enormous. You don’t have to suffer the financial burden alone. Call Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers today for help holding the responsible parties accountable for the damage they’ve caused.
What’s the Deadline For Filing a Brain Injury Lawsuit in Hillsborough County, FL?
When you’re dealing with a traumatic brain injury, a lawsuit might be the last thing on your mind. However, it’s important to learn about your rights relatively soon after an accident.
The Statute of Limitations in Florida gives accident victims two years to file a lawsuit. It used to provide four years to take legal action, but Florida law was updated on March 24, 2023 to provide less time to act. Therefore, if your Tampa brain injury occurred after 3/24/23, you have two years to file a lawsuit.
You risk losing the right to compensation if you wait too long. Fortunately, you don’t have to handle your lawsuit on your own. Our personal injury lawyers at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers are ready to start working on your case right away. All you have to do is call to arrange your free case evaluation.
Contact a Trusted Tampa Brain Injury Lawyer For a Free Case Review Today
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, our attorneys have significant experience helping brain injury victims recover maximum compensation for their losses. If you were hurt, call a Tampa brain injury lawyer for help today.
As always, we provide a free consultation so that you can learn more about our practice and how we’ll protect your legal rights. We’ve been serving Tampa, FL for over 65 years and are ready to put that experience to work for you.
Our personal injury law firm in Tampa also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Aviation/Airplane Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Birth Injury Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Car Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- E-Scooter Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Maritime Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Negligent Security Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Train Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Tampa, FL