It is a typical morning, and you are in rush hour traffic in Tampa, Florida. The northbound lanes on the highway are crowded with drivers who are impatient and in a hurry. You slow down for traffic ahead, and a car crashes into you. Does this sound familiar?
Highway crashes are common in the Tampa Bay area. It is common to see one or more auto accidents each day if you travel the busy and congested highways in Hillsborough County.
The Tampa car accident lawyer of Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers understands your frustration. Sustaining an injury because of another driver’s negligence can result in significant damages and losses. Our legal team has over 75 years of combined experience helping clients recover compensation for damages caused by auto accidents.
Contact our law firm to discuss your options for recovering compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages caused by a highway accident. Reach out to us today to schedule your free consultation at (813) 686-7588 with one of our personal injury lawyers in Tampa.
Our Tampa Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You After a Highway Crash
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, the welfare and best interests of our clients come first.
Car accidents cause physical injuries, financial losses, and emotional distress. You deserve fair compensation for all damages after an accident that was not your fault. Our Tampa personal injury attorneys have worked with accident victims to file personal injury claims and lawsuits seeking compensation for damages since 1996.
When you hire the legal team at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, you can expect us to:
- Conduct an accident investigation to determine the cause of the crash
- Identify the parties responsible for causing the accident and gather evidence proving fault
- Work with you, your physicians, and medical experts to determine the extent of your injuries
- Document your damages to maximize recovery
- Negotiate settlements with insurance companies and other parties
- Filing lawsuits seeking compensation for damages
You need to focus on your recovery. Let our Tampa car accident attorneys focus on getting you the money you deserve for your injuries.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with one of our highway accident lawyers in Tampa, FL.
How Common Are Highway Crashes in Tampa, Florida?
There were 401,867 reported traffic crashes in Florida in 2019. These crashes resulted in 254,816 injuries and 3,185 traffic deaths. Hillsborough County experienced 29,155 traffic accidents, which caused 291 traffic deaths and 19,802 injuries.
Many of the traffic accidents in Tampa occur on highways. Some of Florida’s busiest highways are in the Tampa Bay Area, including the Dale Mabry Highway and Highway 41.
The Florida Highway Patrol has a live traffic crash and road condition report online to help commuters avoid congested areas and crash sites. Whether you are headed south or north, you can see where a crash occurred and reroute past the area.
What Are Common Causes of Highway Crashes?
There are many reasons for highway accidents. Car and truck accidents most often occur due to driver error and negligence.
Examples causes of highway crashes include:
- Distracted driving, including cell phone use
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drunk driving
- Drowsy and fatigued driving
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Failure to obey traffic laws
- Tailgating and following too closely
The conditions of the roads may also be contributing factors to highway accidents. Highways with improperly or inadequately marked lanes can increase the risk of an accident. Missing or inadequate road signs may also contribute to the number of highway crashes in Tampa.
Common Types of Injuries Caused by Tampa Highway Crashes
Highway crashes often result in traumatic injuries for individuals involved in the accident. The increased speed limits and the large number of commercial vehicles on highways can make highway accidents more deadly.
Injuries sustained in accidents on highways include:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Airbag injuries
- Chest injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Damage to internal organs
- Amputations and disfigurement
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Back and neck injuries
- Severe burns and scarring
Moreover, traffic accidents on highways often involve multiple vehicles. These “pileups” increase the risk of death or permanent impairment.
Who is Liable for Damages Caused by a Highway Crash?
As with other traffic accidents, the person who caused the collision is liable for damages after a highway crash. However, Florida is a no-fault state for car accidents. You must first file a claim with your insurance provider for your financial losses under your PIP insurance coverage.
Unfortunately, no-fault insurance only covers up to 80 percent of the cost of medical care and medical treatment. It also covers just 60 percent of your loss of income. PIP does not compensate you for pain and suffering damages or other non-economic damages.
However, if you sustained permanent disabilities or severe injuries, you might be able to sue the at-fault driver for additional compensation. You must prove that the other driver caused the accident to recover damages. It may be an uphill battle, but with the help of our Tampa highway accident lawyers, you may receive the compensation you deserve after a car crash.
Schedule a Free Consultation With A Car Wreck Lawyer in Tampa Today
Our Tampa highway crashes attorneys do not stop fighting on your behalf until we exhaust every legal avenue to recover your damages. We believe that you deserve to be compensated fully for all damages caused by a highway accident.
Please contact our office for more information or to request your free consultation with a Tampa personal injury lawyer. Florida only gives you two years (as of March 24, 2023), in most cases, to file your highway crash suit. We want to help you seek the justice you deserve after a negligent driver causes an accident.
Other Common Car Accident Cases We Cover
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of car accident claims in Tampa, including:
- Distracted driving accidents
- Head-on crashes
- Intersection crashes
- Lane change accidents
- Left turn accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Red and yellow light crashes
- Recreational vehicle accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Self-driving accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
- U-turn crashes
Additional Car Accident Resources and Information
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit-and-Run Accident in Tampa?
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Tampa?
- Can I Be Reimbursed For Lost Wages After a Car Accident?
- Car Color & Crash Risk in the Tampa Bay Area
- Common Car Accident Scenarios in Tampa- Causes & Determining Fault
- Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Tampa
- Passenger Negligence
- Questions To Ask a Lawyer After a Car Accident
- Tampa Car Accident Statistics
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- Car Accident FAQs
- Tampa Car Accident Liability
- What To Do After a Car Accident?