Making a left turn across an intersection can be challenging under any circumstances, but it’s even worse in busy cities like Tampa, Florida. The result is higher accident rates due to the number of vehicles crossing the road each day—leaving you more vulnerable to serious injuries.
Have you been injured in an accident involving a left turn in Tampa, Florida? Our Tampa left-turn accident lawyers at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers have considerable experience representing car accident victims and helping them get the compensation they deserve.
Contact our Tampa law offices today to schedule a free consultation with our skilled Tampa auto accident attorneys at (813) 686-7588. We offer a contingency fee structure, meaning we don’t earn a dime unless we secure a financial award on your behalf. No hidden fees. No complications.
How Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Left-Turn Accident in Tampa, FL
Our Tampa personal injury law firm has represented and successfully fought for injured victims for decades. Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers has a strong background in assisting clients through every step of their case. With hundreds of successful cases under our belt, we can reassure you that your case is in good hands.
Accident injuries are expensive and time-consuming. Let our Tampa car accident lawyers take care of the legal issues so you can concentrate on recovery. When you sign on with Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll pursue compensation that can help with your recovery and stabilize your financial future.
We’ll be able to handle every aspect of your Tampa left-turn accident, including:
- Conducting an accident investigation
- Developing your legal strategy
- Assisting you in filing your claim
- Negotiating on your behalf for the best possible deal
- Keeping you in the loop on key developments in your case
- Representing your interests in court if necessary
When you work with Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, you can trust that we know how insurance companies work, and we know our way through the legal process. We won’t settle for less than your claim is worth.
Contact us today to learn more about how our Tampa left-turn accident attorneys can help.
How Prevalent Are Left-Turn Accidents in Tampa?
Left-turn accidents are one of the top causes of accidents in Florida. Protected left turns (where you have the right of way) are often as risky as unprotected left turns. Drivers may be distracted, or they may not see you making your turn until it’s too late.
Because of their size and reduced visibility at intersections, larger vehicles such as SUVs or pickup trucks are more likely to hit pedestrians when making a turn. In a report from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), SUVs have a 23% greater chance of striking a pedestrian, and pickups have a 42% greater chance of a pedestrian accident.
What Causes Left-Turn Accidents?
Left turns require more care because it’s necessary to cross at least one lane of opposing traffic. Other causes of left-turn accidents include:
- Misjudging the speed of a vehicle turning right while the driver turns left, which can lead to a T-bone accident
- An obstacle that prevents a clear view of any oncoming traffic and forces a “blind turn”
- A driver trying to get through a yellow light and speeding up
- A driver behind the one making the left may be unprepared for the stop, causing a rear-end collision
- Left-turning vehicles in the opposite direction obstruct a driver’s view of oncoming traffic.
Drivers must also pay attention to their surroundings, so unsuspecting pedestrians and bicyclists aren’t in the way when turning left. Florida law requires that vehicles stop for pedestrians crossing the road, even if it’s halfway through an intersection.
What Types of Injuries Can Occur From a Left-Turn Accident?
Like most vehicular accidents, a left-turn accident can result in:
- Bone fractures
- Cuts, bruises
- Soft tissue damage
- Neck and spine damage
- Brain injuries
- Chest injuries
- Airbag injuries
These are just some of the injuries you may be facing after a left-turn accident. Our Tampa personal injury attorneys at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers are ready to help you handle your case and get you the compensation you need to recuperate.
Injured in a Left-Turn Accident in Tampa? Contact Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Today
Call Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers if you or a loved one suffered injuries from a left-turn accident. You may be able to recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and more.
We’ll work hard to get you the compensation you need. Learn more by scheduling a free consultation with an experienced Tampa left-turn accidents lawyer today.
Common Car Accident Claims We Handle
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of car accident claims in Tampa, including:
- Drunk driving accidents
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Lane change accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Recreational vehicle accidents
- Road defects
- Rollover accidents
- Self-driving accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
- U-turn crashes
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit-and-Run Accident in Tampa?
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Tampa?
- Car Color & Crash Risk in the Tampa Bay Area
- Common Car Accident Scenarios in Tampa- Causes & Determining Fault
- Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Tampa
- Passenger Negligence
- Questions To Ask a Lawyer After a Car Accident
- Tampa Car Accident Statistics
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?