Insurance companies downplay rear-end crashes as minor “fender benders” that do not cause extensive property damage or personal injury. However, rear-end collisions in Tampa, Florida, can cause severe injuries and death. Accident victims may sustain substantial medical bills and lost wages because of a rear-end accident.
A Tampa auto accident attorney from Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can help. We have over 65 years of combined experience handling personal injury claims. Our law firm has recovered tens of millions of dollars in compensation for accident claims.
How Our Tampa Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You Recover Compensation for Your Injuries
You may be unsure how much you can recover for damages and injuries after an auto accident. Unfortunately, the insurance company will do everything it can to pay less than your claim is worth. Our Tampa rear-end collision lawyers want you to receive the maximum compensation available for your accident claim.
When you hire Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your case, you can expect us to:
- Carefully document your injuries and damages to maximize your recovery
- Investigate the cause of the car crash to identify each party who could be liable for your damages
- File insurance claims and handle all matters with the insurance company
- Prepare and file a lawsuit if the other party refuses to pay a reasonable amount to settle your claim
If you were injured in a rear-end accident, contact our office online or by telephone to request your free case evaluation with an experienced personal injury attorney in Tampa, Florida.
What Causes Rear-End Crashes in Tampa?
A rear-end collision occurs when a vehicle crashes into the back end of a vehicle in front of it. In some cases, the leading vehicle may be pushed into another vehicle, causing a chain-reaction car accident (multi-vehicle crash).
Two of the most common causes of rear-end crashes are following too closely and distracted driving. However, speeding, drowsy driving, and drunk driving may also be factors in the cause of a rear-end crash.
Common Injuries and Damages Caused by Rear-End Accidents
Whiplash is a common injury sustained in rear-end crashes. In these accidents, the neck “whips” back and forth, causing injury to the soft tissues. Most people recover from whiplash within a few weeks, but severe cases of whiplash could result in long-term pain and other impairments.
You could receive compensation for your injuries and damages if another driver caused the crash. Damages you may receive compensation for include:
- Pain and suffering
- Cost of medical care and treatment
- Expenses related to personal and nursing care
- Lost wages, including future earning potential
- Permanent impairments and disabilities
- Loss of enjoyment of life
It is highly recommended that you seek medical treatment after a rear-end car crash. Even though you may feel “fine,” you could have sustained injuries that could worsen without medical care. Also, delays in medical care could hurt your accident claim.
Comparative Negligence and Rear-End Car Accidents
In most cases, the driver who rear-ends another vehicle is at-fault for the car crash. Therefore, that driver can be held financially liable for damages.
However, Florida’s modified comparative negligence laws could impact the amount of money you receive for your accident claim.
If you are 50% or less to blame for the cause of the car crash, your damages may be reduced by your percentage of fault. Sharing over 50% of the responsibility will bar you from a financial recovery.
For example, suppose you slammed on breaks because you were reaching for your cell phone that fell to the floor. In this case, a jury might find that you were 50 percent at fault for the cause of the rear-end accident. Therefore, you would only be entitled to one-half the value of your damages. If you had been assigned 51% of the blame, you’d be entitled to nothing.
An insurance company may try to shift the blame to you for the cause of the accident to reduce the value of your claim — or deny it. Our lawyers are familiar with this tactic used by insurance providers to avoid paying claims. If you are being blamed for contributing to the cause of a rear-end crash, call us to discuss how we can help you fight those allegations.
Schedule a Free Consultation With A Tampa Car Crash Attorney Today
It does not cost you anything to meet with one of our lawyers to discuss your car accident case. Call now to schedule your free case review with one of our Tampa personal injury lawyers. We’re standing by to help with your claim.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of car accident claims in Tampa, including:
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Intersection crashes
- Lane change accidents
- Left turn accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Recreational vehicle accidents
- Red and yellow light crashes
- Road defects
- Rollover accidents
- Self-driving accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
- U-turn crashes
- Uninsured motorists claims
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Tampa?
- Car Accident FAQs
- Car Accident Liability
- Car Color & Crash Risk in the Tampa Bay Area
- Common Car Accident Scenarios in Tampa- Causes & Determining Fault
- Defective Tire Car Accidents in Tampa, FL
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit-and-Run Accident in Tampa?
- Florida Car Accident Claims Process
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take To Settle in Tampa, FL?
- Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Tampa
- Passenger Negligence
- Questions To Ask a Lawyer After a Car Accident
- Types of Car Accidents
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- What To Do After a Car Accident?
- Who Is at Fault for My Tampa Car Accident?
- Who Will Pay My Medical Bills After a Car Accident?