Recreational vehicles (RVs) are increasing in popularity as more people enjoy traveling by camping instead of staying at resorts and hotels. These large motor homes offer the convenience and comforts of home while avoiding the cost of air flights and hotels. Traveling by RV also avoids the stress of airports, rental cars, and travel delays.
Unfortunately, recreational vehicle accidents can cause catastrophic injuries and life-threatening conditions. If you have been in an RV accident in Tampa, Florida, you need experienced, trusted legal counsel to fight for your right to fair compensation for your injuries.
The Tampa recreational vehicle accident lawyers at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers have over 50 years of combined experience handling accident claims. Our legal team includes Tampa Bay’s top trial lawyers, with the highest rating from Martindale-Hubbell. Our founding attorney is a Board Certified Trial Specialist by the Florida Bar.
We are here to help you fight for the money you deserve after an RV accident. Contact our law office in Tampa at (813) 686-7588 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer in Tampa to discuss your case.
How Our Tampa Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You After an RV Accident
We understand that you could choose any personal injury law firm in Tampa to handle your case. That is why Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers puts our clients first.
Hiring our experienced Tampa car wreck lawyers can increase your chance of recovering maximum compensation for your recreational vehicle accident claim. It can also reduce the stress and anxiety you experience when dealing with an insurance company or personal injury lawsuit.
When you hire our award-winning legal team, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the RV accident to determine fault and gather evidence establishing liability
- Verify insurance coverage, file insurance claims, and handle all matters related to those claims
- Maximize the value of your personal injury case by carefully documenting your damages and losses
- Work with accident reconstructionists, medical specialists, and other expert witnesses, as necessary
- Negotiate aggressively for the top settlement amount available for your claim
- File a lawsuit and proceed to court if that is in your best interest
It does not cost you anything to talk with our personal injury lawyers in Tampa. We accept personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. Call now for your free case evaluation with a Tampa RV accident lawyer.
How Does Florida Define a Recreational Vehicle?
According to Florida statutes, a recreational vehicle serves as a temporary living space.
Examples of recreational vehicles include, but are not limited to:
- Pop-up trailers
- Truck campers
- Fifth wheels
- Camper vans
- Teardrop trailers
Recreational vehicles may be driven or towed. The type of RV involved in the accident can impact the severity of the crash and injuries. Identifying the factors leading to the cause of the crash is a crucial step in establishing liability for damages.
Why Do Recreational Vehicle Accidents Happen in Tampa?
The causes of recreational vehicle accidents are similar to the causes of other automobile accidents. Driver negligence and recklessness are the most common causes of RV crashes.
Examples of factors that can contribute to the cause of a recreational vehicle accident include:
- Inexperience driving a recreational vehicle
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Driving under the influence
- Drunk driving
- Fatigued and drowsy driving
- Failing to obey traffic rules
- Distracted driving
- Unsafe U-turns and lane changes
- Unsecured cargo and trailers
- Miscalculating turns
- Failing to check blind spots
- Runaway trailers and campers
In addition to driver error, defective parts and systems could contribute to the cause of an accident. Roadway conditions are also another factor in some RV accidents.
Who Is Liable for a Tampa RV Accident?
The party responsible for causing the RV accident can be liable for damages.
Examples of parties who could be liable for a recreational vehicle crash include:
- Negligent operators and motorists
- RV manufacturers
- Passengers in the RV
- Property owners
- Rental and lease companies
- Government agencies
- RV owners
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll thoroughly investigate the cause of your RV accident to identify each party who may be liable for your damages. By doing so, we can increase the chance that you receive full compensation for all damages.
What Damages Can I Receive in an RV Accident Claim?
Recreational vehicle accident victims can recover compensation for their economic damages, including lost wages and medical bills. They can also seek compensation for their non-economic damages, including pain and suffering.
However, Florida’s modified comparative fault law could reduce the amount you receive for your RV accident claim — or completely prevent a financial recovery if your share of fault exceeds 50%.
Comparative negligence or fault is the legal theory used to reduce a victim’s compensation by their percentage of fault. Therefore, if a jury finds you are 45% to blame for causing your accident, your compensation for damages is reduced by that amount. However, if a jury finds you 51% (or more) to blame, you cannot recover money for your damages from another party.
Insurance adjusters often blame RV operators for contributing to the cause of a crash. They claim that the driver failed to control the vehicle and is partially to blame for the accident. Before talking with an insurance company about your RV accident, contact our office to discuss the case with one of our Tampa car accident attorneys.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tampa Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyers
Accidents involving recreational vehicles can be complicated. At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we have considerable skills, resources, and expertise to handle the most complex accident claims. Contact our law firm to schedule your free consultation with one of our experienced Tampa recreational vehicle accident attorneys.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of car accident claims in Tampa, including:
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Intersection crashes
- Left turn accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Red and yellow light crashes
- Road defects
- Rollover accidents
- Self-driving accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
- Airbag injuries
- Chest injuries
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Tampa?
- Can I Be Reimbursed For Lost Wages After a Car Accident?
- Car Accident FAQs
- Car Accident Liability
- Car Color & Crash Risk in the Tampa Bay Area
- Common Car Accident Scenarios in Tampa- Causes & Determining Fault
- Defective Tire Car Accidents in Tampa, FL
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit-and-Run Accident in Tampa?
- Florida Car Accident Claims Process
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take To Settle in Tampa, FL?
- Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Tampa
- Passenger Negligence
- Questions To Ask a Lawyer After a Car Accident
- Tampa Car Accident Statistics
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- What To Do After a Car Accident?
- Who Is at Fault for My Tampa Car Accident?
- Who Will Pay My Medical Bills After a Car Accident?