Running a traffic light can cause catastrophic car accidents in Tampa, Florida. It is estimated that about 165,000 individuals are injured by people who run red lights each year. In the past decade, over 9,000 people died because of red-light running crashes.
Our attorneys at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers have considerable experience handling car accident claims. We have over 50 years of combined experience representing injured victims and their families. During that time, we have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
Contact our law firm at (813) 686-7588 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with an experienced Tampa car accident lawyer.
How Our Tampa Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After a Red or Yellow Light Accident
Many car accident claims settle without filing a lawsuit. Our attorneys are skilled negotiators who will fight to get you maximum compensation. However, our founding attorney is also a Board Certified Trial Specialist by the Florida Bar. Therefore, if necessary, we will take your case to trial to protect your best interests.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we put our clients first and treat each case with the attention and respect our clients deserve. As a result, our law firm has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and a 10 Avvo rating.
When you hire our award-winning accident attorneys to handle your case, you can expect us to:
- Investigate your accident to determine how the crash occurred and who is responsible for causing the accident
- Gather evidence from a variety of sources, including hiring accident reconstructionists and other experts as necessary
- File insurance claims and handle all matters related to those claims
- Document your damages and work with you and your doctors to determine the severity of your injuries
- Calculate a fair value for your damages and aggressively pursue claims to recover that amount
- Negotiate settlement agreements with insurance companies and other parties
- File a lawsuit and take the matter to court if necessary
You deserve fair compensation for damages caused by a negligent driver. Call our law office to schedule a free case evaluation with a Tampa car accident attorney.
Why Do Red and Yellow Light Accidents Happen in Tampa, FL?
Florida traffic laws explain when drivers have the right of way and when a motorist must yield the right of way. Most accidents involving red and yellow light violations are caused by driver negligence.
Examples of causes of red and yellow light accidents include:
- Speeding and trying to “beat” a red light
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Impaired driving (drugged, buzzed, and drunk driving)
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Drowsy driving
Accidents caused by running a traffic light include head-on accidents and T-bone crashes. Tampa has a red-light camera program to reduce the number of accidents caused by running red and yellow lights.
Injuries and Damages Caused By Tampa Red and Yellow Light Accidents
Intersection accidents often cause catastrophic injuries.
Accident victims may sustain:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries and whiplash
- Chest injuries
- Airbag injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Back injuries
- Internal organ injuries
- Soft tissue injuries and nerve damage
A victim may sustain a permanent impairment because of their injuries. Scarring and disfigurement are also common injuries from intersection accidents.
The damages a person can receive for a red and yellow light accident depend on the severity of their injuries and other factors.
In most cases, an accident victim can receive compensation for their economic damages, including:
- Medical bills
- Loss of income
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Nursing care
- Skilled care and help with household chores
- Future decreases in earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses
An accident victim can also receive compensation for their non-economic damages. They can recover money for their physical pain and suffering, decreased quality of life, and emotional distress.
Before you accept a settlement offer, talk with our lawyers about your claim. Insurance companies routinely undervalue damages. As a result, your accident claim could be worth much more money than you realize.
Who Is Liable for a Red or Yellow Light Accident in Florida?
Typically, the person who failed to yield the right of way is liable for damages caused by red and yellow light accidents. However, you have the burden of proving that the other driver caused the car wreck before you can recover compensation for damages.
Evidence we use to prove fault includes, but is not limited to:
- Police reports
- Statements from the drivers and passengers
- Videos of the collision from traffic cameras and other sources
- Eyewitness statements
- Evidence gathered at the accident scene
- Opinions and evidence provided by accident reconstructionists and other experts
The insurance company might try to blame you for contributing to the cause of the accident, even though the other driver ran a red light. Modified comparative fault can reduce or eliminate your compensation in an accident claim.
Your statements to the insurance adjuster could work against you. So before you talk to the insurance company, call our office so we can take care of the insurance company for you.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tampa Car Accident Lawyers After a Red or Yellow Light Collision
Your time to file a claim for a car crash is limited by Florida’s statute of limitations. Do not risk losing your right to compensation by waiting too long to talk with a lawyer. Instead, contact our law office to schedule your free consultation with an experienced Tampa personal injury attorney.
Other Common Car Accident Claims We Cover
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of car accident claims in Tampa, including:
- Drunk driving accidents
- Highway crashes
- Lane change accidents
- Left turn accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Recreational vehicle accidents
- Road defects
- Rollover accidents
- Self-driving accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
- U-turn crashes
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit-and-Run Accident in Tampa?
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Tampa?
- Car Color & Crash Risk in the Tampa Bay Area
- Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Tampa
- Passenger Negligence
- Questions To Ask a Lawyer After a Car Accident
- Tampa Car Accident Statistics
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?