Rollover accidents are one of the most dangerous types of car accidents that can occur on the road. They often involve high speeds and can result in serious injuries or even death. By understanding the causes of rollover accidents, you can take steps to prevent them from happening and help keep our roads safe for everyone.
How Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Accident in Tampa
If you’ve been injured in a rollover accident in Tampa, Florida, the aftermath can be incredibly overwhelming. Medical bills, lost wages, and the stress of dealing with insurance companies can make it seem impossible to get back on your feet. Fortunately, you don’t have to go through this alone. Roman Austin’s Tampa rollover accident lawyers are here to help in the following ways, to name a few:
- We’ve been fighting for the rights of injury victims for over 50 years, and we’ve recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
- Your case is about more than money. We pride ourselves in helping our clients put their lives back together.
- We are board certified in civil trial law, so you can be confident that we have the skills and experience to get you the best possible result.
- We’ll negotiate a settlement agreement on your behalf with the other side. We can file a lawsuit and bring your case to court if they refuse to settle.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation, and let us help you take back control of your life. Our Tampa car accident attorneys are here to assist.
How Common Are Rollover Accidents?
- Rollovers accounted for almost one-third of all passenger vehicle occupant deaths in 2020
- A total of 7,182 people died in rollover crashes in 2020
- Of those 7,182 people, 5,572 of them died in single-vehicle rollovers.
- Most rollovers are caused by a pre-rollover impact
- Single-vehicle rollovers have increased by 14% from 2019
Rollover car accidents occur regularly, but many of them are preventable.
What Is a Rollover Accident?
A rollover accident is when a vehicle tips over on its side or roof. They are often more serious than other types of accidents because they can trap occupants inside the vehicle and cause serious injuries. Additionally, occupants risk being crushed by the weight of the vehicle, as well as being ejected from the vehicle.
What Causes Rollover Accidents?
The vast majority of rollover accidents are caused by driver error and are considered tripping rollovers. This occurs when the tire of a vehicle hits something in the road—such as a pothole, debris, or even just a raised curb— causing the vehicle to lose control and tip over. Tripping rollovers typically happen at relatively low speeds and can be difficult to avoid if you’re not paying close attention to the road ahead of you.
Other common causes of rollover accidents include the following:
If you’ve been hurt in a Tampa rollover accident, reach out to our personal injury lawyers for legal advice and assistance.
Common Injuries That Occur in Rollover Accidents
Head and Neck Injuries
Back and Spinal Cord Injuries
The force of the accident can cause the spine to be severely damaged, which can lead to paralysis or other serious injuries.
The force of the impact can cause bones to break, especially if you’re ejected from the vehicle.
Internal injuries aren’t always immediately apparent after a rollover accident, but they can be very serious. The force of the impact can cause organs to be damaged or ruptured, which can lead to internal bleeding.
Liability in Rollover Accidents
If you have been involved in a rollover accident, you may be wondering who is liable for the damages. The answer depends on the circumstances of the car accident. The following are potential defendants in a rollover accident:
Car or Tire Manufacturer
If the accident was caused by a manufacturing defect in the car or tire, the liability might fall on the car or tire manufacturer. You can hold them responsible through a product liability claim.
If you were involved in an accident with another driver who was speeding, not paying attention, or otherwise driving negligently, they could be held liable for damages.
City or Municipality
If the accident was caused by poor road conditions, then the city or municipality where the accident occurred could be legally responsible. For example, if there was a pothole in the road that caused your car to flip over, the city would be responsible for your damages in certain situations.
Determining liability in a rollover accident can be complex and depends on the circumstances of the accident. If you have been involved in a rollover accident, you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer who can investigate your case and determine who is liable for your damages.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tampa Rollover Accident Lawyers
You’re probably feeling overwhelmed if you or a loved one has been injured in a rollover accident. Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers have experience with rollover accidents in Tampa, FL, and can help you understand your legal options and get you started on the road to recovery.
We have a team of experienced lawyers who have handled many rollover cases, and we know what it takes to get results. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation, and let us help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of car accident claims in Tampa, including:
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Intersection crashes
- Lane change accidents
- Left turn accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Recreational vehicle accidents
- Red and yellow light crashes
- Rollover accidents
- Self-driving accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
- U-turn crashes
- Uninsured motorists claims
- Airbag injuries
- Chest injuries
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Tampa?
- Can I Be Reimbursed For Lost Wages After a Car Accident?
- Car Accident FAQs
- Car Accident Liability
- Car Color & Crash Risk in the Tampa Bay Area
- Common Car Accident Scenarios in Tampa- Causes & Determining Fault
- Defective Tire Car Accidents in Tampa, FL
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit-and-Run Accident in Tampa?
- Florida Car Accident Claims Process
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take To Settle in Tampa, FL?
- Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Tampa
- Passenger Negligence
- Questions To Ask a Lawyer After a Car Accident
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- What To Do After a Car Accident?
- Who Is at Fault for My Tampa Car Accident?
- Who Will Pay My Medical Bills After a Car Accident?