Lane change crashes in Tampa, FL, are common on interstates and highways. However, many accidents throughout the city are caused by improper lane changes.
The Tampa car accident attorneys of Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers have been fighting for the rights of accident victims since 1996. Our attorneys have over 65 years of combined experience handling personal injury claims and car accidents.
We know how insurance companies defend car accident claims — and we fight back against unfair and bad faith insurance practices. Contact our law office today at (813) 686-7588 for a free consultation with one of our experienced Tampa lane change crashes lawyers.
Our Tampa Car Accident Lawyers Help Crash Victims Get the Money They Deserve
An auto accident can impact all areas of your life. You may sustain physical injuries and experience financial losses because of the car crash.
Our Tampa personal injury attorneys want to help you recover compensation for your injuries and damages. You should not bear the financial burden of another person’s negligence. They should compensate you for the losses they caused.
When you hire Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your car accident case, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the car crash to gather evidence of fault
- Handle all communications with the insurance company
- File insurance claims and monitor deadlines for filing lawsuits
- Document your damages to calculate the value of your claim
- Consult and retain expert witnesses in Tampa, Florida when necessary
- Negotiate for the maximum amount available for your injury claim
- File a lawsuit and pursue your case in court if necessary to protect your right to fair compensation
If you were injured in a car crash, call our office to schedule a free case evaluation with one of our Tampa car accident attorneys. Let’s work together to obtain a settlement that compensates you for all damages caused by the car wreck.
Common Causes of Lane Change Crashes in Tampa
One of the most common causes of lane change accidents is when drivers fail to check for traffic in the other lane. Florida law states that a driver must confirm that it is safe to move into another lane before doing so. A police officer may issue a traffic citation for an improper lane change.
Other factors that could contribute to accidents caused by improper lane changes include:
- Failure to use turn signals
- Merging at inappropriate speeds
- Failing to check mirrors
- Changing lanes without clear visibility
- Failing to check blind spots
- Changing more than one lane of traffic at a time
- Misjudging the clearance distance to merge into traffic
- Changing lanes too close to or in an intersection
Distracted, drunk, impaired, and drowsy driving can also be factors in the cause of a lane change crash. Aggressive driving, and weaving in and out of traffic can also increase the risk for an accident.
Injuries and Damages Caused by Lane Change Crashes
Accidents involving lane changes can result in head-on collisions, side-swipe accidents, and rollover crashes. Improper lane changes can result in severe or fatal injuries, such as:
- Broken bones
- Chest injuries
- Airbag injuries
- Crushed or damaged internal organs
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Neck and back injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death
A motor vehicle accident can change your life in the blink of an eye. You may incur significant expenses because of your injuries. Your injuries may even cause debilitating pain. If another driver’s negligence caused your accident, you could be entitled to compensation for damages.
Damages that you could receive compensation for after a car crash include:
- Past and ongoing medical bills and expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Nursing and personal care
- Reductions in future earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Permanent impairments and disabilities
If you are unsure whether you have a claim for damages after a lane change accident, seek advice from an experienced Tampa personal injury lawyer. Our attorneys review and evaluate your case at no charge to you.
Can I Sue the Other Driver for a Lane Change Accident in Florida?
Florida is a no-fault insurance state. Therefore, most car accident claims are filed under the driver’s Personal Injury Protection insurance (PIP) policy. However, PIP only covers a portion of lost wages and medical expenses, so you are responsible for the remaining costs and damages.
However, if you sustained serious injuries, you may have the right to sue the other driver for compensation of all financial losses and damages. Do not trust what the insurance company tells you about your accident claim. Talk with our accident attorneys to find out if you could be entitled to more money for your car accident claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tampa Auto Accident Lawyers Today
Lane change accidents can be challenging personal injury cases. Both drivers may claim that the other driver moved into their lane. You need experienced attorneys on your side to argue the case.
Reach out to us online or by telephone to schedule a free case review with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Tampa, FL.
Other Auto Accident Claims We Cover
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of car accident claims in Tampa, including:
- Highway crashes
- Left turn accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Red and yellow light crashes
- Recreational vehicle accidents
- Road defects
- Self-driving accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
- Uninsured motorists claims
- U-turn crashes
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit-and-Run Accident in Tampa?
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Tampa?
- Car Color & Crash Risk in the Tampa Bay Area
- Common Car Accident Scenarios in Tampa- Causes & Determining Fault
- Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Tampa
- Passenger Negligence
- Questions To Ask a Lawyer After a Car Accident
- Tampa Car Accident Statistics
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?