Town ‘N’ Country Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have been hurt because another person acted carelessly in Town ‘N’ Country, Florida, you may have the right to seek financial compensation. In the aftermath of an accident, many victims experience stress and anxiety from skyrocketing medical bills and missed wages. Do not face these financial challenges alone.
Consult the experienced Town ‘N’ Country personal injury lawyers at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers. Our legal team has been winning cases for personal injury victims in Florida for more than two decades. During that time, we’ve won more than $100 Million in settlements and awards.
Let our Board Certified Civil Trial specialists put 75+ years of combined experience to work for you. Give our law firm in Hillsborough County a call to get started with a free consultation today.
How Our Town ‘N’ Country Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After an Accident
Securing the money that you need in the aftermath of an accident is not an easy process. You’ll likely face a number of roadblocks uncooperative insurance companies and those responsible for your injuries. The premier team at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers knows the strategies that insurance providers use and we know how to win.
Contacting a personal injury lawyer near Town ‘N’ Country at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers will give you the best possible chance of mounting a successful claim. The Board Certified civil trial specialists lawyers at our firm have over six decades of collective litigation experience.
We have all of the resources and qualifications of a sizable firm, but we never forget to provide each client with the attention and respect that they deserve. Our expertise in tort law and track record of success make Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers a powerful legal ally.
When we take your case, you can rely on access to top-quality legal services.
Some of these include:
- Expert guidance from knowledgeable and experienced personal injury attorneys
- A comprehensive assessment of the relevant causes and conditions that led to your accident
- Transparent communication and 24/7 availability
- A strong personal injury case founded on relevant evidence and persuasive reasoning
- Consultations with personal injury experts, if the case requires it
- Dealing with any accusations that you were responsible for your accident
- The knowledge and confidence to reject lowball offers from insurance providers
- The ability to escalate your case by filing a personal injury lawsuit, if negotiations are unsuccessful
Our Town ‘N’ Country personal injury lawyers have worked on every type of accident and injury claim. Our decades of experience and record of securing recovery are exactly the reasons why uncooperative insurance providers hope you don’t call our law offices.
How Common Are Accidents in Hillsborough County, FL?
Town ‘N’ Country is home to more than 98,000 people. The Hillsborough County town is also a popular destination for snowbirds and tourists – meaning that thousands more pour into the town every year. Traffic accidents, in turn, are fairly commonplace.
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were 24,120 car accidents in Hillsborough County in 2020. That’s 66 crashes a day – during a year when the country was effectively shut down because of a pandemic.
Those accidents resulted in at least 16,448 injuries and another 211 deaths.
However, motor vehicle accidents aren’t the only cause of unintentional injury and death in Town ‘N’ Country, Florida.
We Handle All Personal Injury Cases in Town ‘N’ Country, FL
The skilled attorneys at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers are able to handle any kind of accident or injury case. No claim is too complex. No set of circumstances is too difficult.
Our award-winning legal team has a track record of securing financial recovery for victims in the following types of cases:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Brain injuries
- Bus accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drowning accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Lyft accidents
- Uber accidents
- Premises liability cases
- Slip and fall accidents
- Uninsured motorist accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Wrongful Death
Contact a Town ‘N’ Country accident attorney to secure compensation and help to make you and your family financially whole.
How Much is My Town ‘N’ Country Injury Case Worth?
Each personal injury case is unique. Because of this, it is nearly impossible to calculate the value of an injury claim without investigating the causes and conditions of the accident. If you are wondering, “What is my personal injury case worth?” contact Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers today.
The surest way to accurately estimate the value of your case is to consult with an experienced Town ‘N’ Country personal injury lawyer.
A legal expert will calculate the amount of recovery that you can expect by asking the following questions:
- What type of injury or injuries did you suffer as a result of the accident?
- What is the extent and severity of your injuries?
- How much have you been charged for past and current medical care?
- Do you anticipate the need for additional or ongoing medical treatments?
- How have your injuries affected your income (e.g., lost wages, missed work, etc.)?
- Did your accident result in property damage? If so, how much?
- What are the impacts of your injuries on your daily activities?
- Have your injuries resulted in long-term or permanent disabilities?
- Have your injuries resulted in psychological or emotional damages?
Typically, more impactful and extensive injuries result in larger recovery amounts. But this is not always the case. The best way to estimate the value of your claim is to have a Town ‘N’ Country personal injury attorney from Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers examine the circumstances of your case.
What Damages Are Available After an Accident in Town ‘N’ Country?
Under Florida tort law, there are two primary types of compensatory damages (money provided to an injured person to compensate for their losses). The two main kinds of compensatory damages are economic and non-economic.
Economic damages from an injury are those losses that can be easily translated into monetary terms. This type of damage is calculated using financial records, such as bills, receipts, and documentation of charges.
Some typical examples of economic damages include:
- Total cost of medical bills and expenses (past, present, and future)
- Lost income and missed wages from inability to work
- Permanently decreased earning potential due to long-term disability
- The costs of reparative therapies
- Property damage repair or replacement costs
- The costs of in-home care
Typically, determining the value of economic damages is fairly straightforward. We’ll bring in financial specialists and professionals to help us get it right.
However, some negative outcomes from an injury are difficult to articulate in dollars and cents.
For example, how much money would make up for being unable to engage in some of the hobbies that you enjoy? What is an appropriate price to compensate for not being able to jog or swim comfortably ever again?
Obviously, these types of losses are incredibly tough to quantify. Non-economic damages are provided to make up for the negative outcomes from an injury that aren’t easily translated into dollar amounts.
Some common examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Loss of relationship or consortium (typically invoked in wrongful death cases)
- Inability to enjoy life
- Disability and disfigurement
- Embarrassment and humiliation
Calculating the amount of non-economic damages in a personal injury case requires legal experience. Contacting a Town ‘N’ Country personal injury lawyer through Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers will give you the best chance of securing maximum financial recovery in your case.
What Happens If I’m Blamed for an Accident in Hillsborough County?
Under Florida state law, you may be able to recover financial compensation, even if you are partially at-fault for your accident. That’s because Florida has pure comparative fault rules.
This means that each party that bears responsibility for causing an accident is also responsible for the consequences. Liability is equivalent to their percentage of fault. Simply put, more than one party may be held financially responsible for causing an accident – including accident victims.
For instance, imagine that you are determined to be 20% at-fault for causing a traffic collision. If the damages from the accident were calculated to be $100,000, you would only be able to recover 80% of that amount. You would have to forego the 20% for which you were responsible. But you would still potentially be able to recover $80,000.
If you have been accused of causing an accident, talking with a Town ‘N’ Country personal injury attorney will give you the best possible chance of financial recovery.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Town ‘N’ Country Accident?
A statute of limitations is a legal time limit for seeking compensation in a personal injury case. Statutes of limitations on tort law cases differ from state to state. In Florida, the statute of limitations for the majority of personal injury cases is four years.
However, there are exceptions to the four-year statute of limitations. In certain circumstances, you may have more or less time to
. For example, Florida law specifies a two-year statute of limitations for wrongful death cases. Cases involving the government can be subject to an even shorter timeframe. On the other hand, reasonable delays in the discovery of an injury can toll – or pause – the clock for a while.
Because of these exceptions, it is important to speak with a Town ‘N’ Country personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. The attorneys at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers will effectively negotiate for you and fight to ensure that you have the time that you need to pursue the money you deserve.
What is Negligence and How Does It Relate to My Personal Injury Case?
The majority of injuries do not happen because of malicious or intentionally destructive behavior. Rather, most injuries result from accidents. Therefore, personal injury cases usually involve evidence that can prove that the at-fault party’s actions were negligent.
In order to prove negligence, the injured person (or their lawyer) must show that the following four standards apply:
- A Duty of Care: The injured person must provide evidence that the liable party owed a duty of care. In the case of a traffic accident, the at-fault driver would have a duty of care to other motorists and pedestrians.
- Breach of the Duty of Care: The injured person must prove that the at-fault party failed to live up to their duty of care by behaving in a reckless or careless manner. In the case of a car crash, the liable driver may have been texting or otherwise distracted.
- Damages: The injured person must show that the liable party’s actions resulted in some type of bodily injury or physical harm. For instance, a distracted motorist might cause another driver to suffer whiplash when their cars collide.
- Causation: The injured person must provide evidence to show that the liable party’s behavior was the direct and proximate cause of their injuries.
When you contact a Town ‘N’ Country personal injury attorney with Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we will fight hard to hold negligent parties accountable. When you have been hurt because of someone’s careless behavior, it is important to seek legal representation as soon as possible.
What Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Florida?
Put simply, hiring an accomplished Town ‘N’ Country personal injury lawyer requires absolutely no upfront cost. The skilled attorneys at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers work on contingency.
This means there’s no fee unless we win your case. You pay nothing until we successfully negotiate a settlement or win a jury verdict for you.
We get paid only if you do…end of story. Call us today for a free initial consultation at no risk to you.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Town ‘N’ Country Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been injured because of another person’s carelessness, call a Town ‘N’ Country personal injury lawyer today. At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we have the knowledge and experience to fight for maximum compensation in your case.
Call us at (813) 491-8790 to arrange a free legal consultation. Let the premier team at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers help retrieve the financial recovery that you are rightfully owed.