Were you recently injured in a car accident in Town ‘n’ Country, Florida? The Town ‘n’ Country car accident lawyers at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers are committed to pursuing justice and compensation for injured victims just like you.
We’ve seen first hand the effect a car accident can have on our clients’ lives. Having a support system to help you through this difficult time is critical, and we take pride in being there for our client
Call our law office to schedule a free consultation at (813) 686-7588. Our accomplished legal team will sit down with you to review your case and offer legal advice. We’ll show you how we can help you get the best possible outcome in your case.
How Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Crash in Town ‘n’ Country, FL
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers are board certified by the Florida Bar Association in civil trial practice. This certification puts our lawyers in an elite group of only 2% of all Florida attorneys. Our 75 years of combined legal experience makes our personal injury law firm the go-to advocates for accident victims.
When you hire Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, you get a passionate legal team committed to doing everything possible to get you the compensation you need to be made whole again.
Here are just a few of the services our Town ‘n’ Country personal injury lawyers undertake for clients:
- Conduct our own investigation to collect and examine evidence to support your claim
- Help you gather all the documentation you’ll need, including crash reports, medical records, car repair receipts, and more
- Bring in expert resources as needed, including accident reconstructionists and automotive specialists
- Keep track of submissions and requirements for critical case-related and court-mandated deadlines
- Ensure you’re always in the loop on the progress of your case and major decisions along the way
- Relieve you of dealing with the insurance adjusters
- Advocate aggressively on your behalf in negotiating with insurance companies who may try to lowball you
- Represent you in court if the settlement offer is unfair and dismissive of the extent of your injuries
The other side has lawyers working on their behalf. We work for you to level the playing field. Don’t risk being manipulated or taken advantage of by insurance companies or their lawyers. We know their tactics, and we know how to handle them.
The legal representation you choose can be a game-changer. Don’t hesitate to give us a call at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers. Our personal injury attorneys in Town ‘n’ Country are ready to go to work for you.
Your first consultation is absolutely free, so meet with us and learn firsthand why we’re the right law firm to help you get the highest settlement.
How Common Are Car Accidents in Town ‘n’ Country and Hillsborough County, Florida?
Florida is consistently ranked one of the top states for its high rate of traffic accidents. A 2018 study found Florida in the top ten for worst drivers in the country. All of this adds up to trouble on Florida roads.
In 2020, Florida was mostly shut down due to the Covid 19 pandemic. Nonetheless, the state saw 339,905 accidents on roads and highways across the state.
Hillsborough County, which includes Town ‘n’ Country, saw 24,120 crashes in 2020.
- 196 fatal crashes resulting in 211 deaths
- 10,802 crashes resulting in 16,448 injuries
With Florida’s rate of motor vehicle accidents, it’s critical to be extra vigilant on the state’s roads.
Where Do Most Car Accidents Happen in Town ‘n’ Country and Hillsborough County, FL?
Whether they’re highways, local roads, or intersections, being aware of dangerous stretches of road can help you avoid them.
Hillsborough County roads that are considered dangerous and accident-prone include:
- Brandon Boulevard, from Falkenburg Road to Dover Road
- Gibsonton Drive, Boyette Road, Interstate 75 to Balm Riverview Road
- Hillsborough Avenue, Longboat Boulevard to Florida Avenue
- Fletcher Avenue, Armenia Avenue to 50th Street
- Dale Mabry Highway, Hillsborough Avenue to Bearss Avenue
- Lynn Turner Road, Gunn Highway to Ehrlich Road
- Meridian Avenue, Channelside Drive to Twiggs Street
- Bruce B. Downs, Fowler Avenue to Bearss Avenue
- 50th Street and 56th Street, Martin Luther King Boulevard to Hillsborough Avenue
- 15th Street, Fowler Avenue to Fletcher Avenue
Why these particular roads are dangerous could be due to a variety of reasons.
Common attributes of dangerous areas often include:
- Volume of traffic
- Speed limits
- Experience level of drivers in the area
- Design and layout of roads
- Animal crossings
The general condition of the roads is also critical. Potholes and crumbling asphalt can cause sudden jolts and require swerving, leading to auto accidents.
What Is My Town ‘n’ Country, Florida Car Accident Case Worth?
Calculating the value of your car accident claim is tricky. There are a number of variables to consider in determining what your case may be worth. Without a close examination of the accident and your injuries, it can be difficult to assess damages. Consulting with experts may also be warranted.
Some of the factors that can influence your payout include:
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- Whether drugs or alcohol were involved (possible punitive damages)
- Vehicle malfunctions (e.g., flat tire, brakes, seatbelts, air bags)
- Property damage
Even after careful consideration of all elements, placing a dollar value on your injury claim doesn’t guarantee that the insurance company will pay the full amount. This is where having a strong and well-established personal injury law firm like Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers on your side can make all the difference. We push for the full amount and hold the insurance companies accountable for maximum payout.
What Damages Are Available To Car Accident Victims in Florida?
Damages in personal injury cases such as car accidents typically fall into two buckets: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are those that can be financially calculated. They make up for your financial harm after an injury.
These types of damages typically include:
- Costs of Medical treatment
- Lost income
- Future medical expenses
- Physical therapy
- Home modification costs
- In-home nursing care
- Disability equipment
- Domestic services
Economic damages tend to be easy to assess because there are bills and receipts to clearly prove the costs.
Non-economic damages, on the other hand, are much more difficult to label with a price tag. These damages don’t come with a paper trail and are more personal and subjective. They attempt to make up for your emotional and physical suffering.
Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Reduced quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of limbs
Our Town ‘n’ Country car accident attorneys at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers have experience and knowledge regarding the most effective way to calculate non-economic damages. We have points of reference from countless other cases that we can apply to your situation to maximize your compensation.
Can I Recover Compensation if I’m Being Blamed for a Car Accident in Florida?
The simple answer is yes. Florida is a “pure comparative fault” jurisdiction. You can indeed recover compensation despite sharing blame for the car accident. In fact, you can recover compensation even if you are up to 99% at fault for the crash.
However, pure comparative fault also means your percentage of blame will reduce your overall damages. For example, if you’re deemed to have been 25% responsible for the accident, your total recovery will be reduced by 25%. You will walk away with 75% of what your damages are actually worth.
Insurance companies try to take advantage of the system. They do everything they can to lay the blame at your feet. More blame on you means they pay less.
Our experienced legal team at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers won’t let insurance companies get away with such tactics.
We’ll Fight To Recover Compensation for All Of Your Crash-Related Injuries
A car accident can result in untold physical trauma. We tend to see certain kinds of injuries more often in our practice.
These injuries include:
- Scrapes and cuts
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Back injuries
- Herniated or ruptured discs
- Knee trauma
- Organ damage
- Sprains and strains
- Spinal cord injuries
- Closed head injuries
Unfortunately, car accidents sometimes result in death. If you lost a loved one due to a car accident in Town ‘n’ Country, we can handle your wrongful death claim. We can help you through the loss and work for justice on behalf of your loved one.
What Causes Most Car Accidents in Town ‘n’ Country, Florida?
Some of the most common causes of car accidents we see in our practice include:
- Distracted driving
- Disobeying traffic signals
- Following too closely
- Construction and detours
- Texting and driving (illegal in Florida)
- Drunk driving
- Breaking speed limits
- Fiddling with the dashboard
- Passing recklessly
- Bad weather
- Fatigued driving (e.g., falling asleep at the wheel)
If you think any of these causes may have contributed to your accident, give us a call. We can review the details and offer initial legal advice. No matter the cause of the accident, Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can help.
Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Represents Clients in All Types of Car Accident Cases
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, our car accident attorneys have experience with all kinds of collisions.
Among the numerous accident cases we’ve handled are:
- T-Bone crashes
- Highway crashes
- Multi-vehicle pileups
- Head-on collisions
- Motorcycle accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lyft or Uber Accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Single vehicle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Accidents involved uninsured and underinsured drivers
You can count on Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers’s Town ‘n’ Country personal injury lawyers to manage whatever scenario resulted in your accident.
What Does Florida’s No-Fault Insurance Mean for Me After a Car Wreck in Town ‘n’ Country, FL?
Florida law mandates that drivers carry insurance coverage that contains personal injury protection, also known as PIP. This type of protection is part of a no-fault insurance system. This system requires that drivers turn to their own insurance carriers for damages related to economic losses, such as loss of income and medical care costs.
This no-fault insurance system doesn’t cover non-economic losses, such as emotional distress.
However, there are a few exceptions that will allow you to be compensated for non-economic losses:
- If your injuries are severe enough to qualify as “serious injuries,” then you can file a third-partyclaim against the other driver.
- Injuries are considered serious if they involve certain conditions, such as permanent loss of body functions, significant disfigurement, or loss of organs or limbs.
- If your injuries don’t qualify as serious, but the costs of treatment and recovery exceed $10,000, then you can recover damages through a claim against the other driver.
You can also sue the other driver for damages to your vehicle because property damage is not required to be covered by PIP.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Car Wreck in Florida?
In Florida, the statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit in a personal injury case is four years from your accident date. This time limit helps ensure that witnesses and evidence are still likely to be available.
Despite the amount of time you have by law, it’s important to get started as soon as possible in pursuing your case. It can take time to pull everything together and construct your arguments and legal strategy. You give yourself the best possible advantage by leaving yourself enough time to build a solid and thorough case.
Insurance companies are also far more likely to settle if you have a strong case. They don’t want to risk a high jury verdict if you take them to court.
Another factor to keep in mind is that you may qualify for workers’ compensation benefits if your accident happened in the course of doing your job. Workers’ compensation carries its own set of requirements and deadlines. Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can help you determine if it applies in your case.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Town ‘n’ Country, FL?
The steps you take after a car accident can strengthen your case. Taking the time to gather information and keep track of details will go a long way in the event you choose to take legal action.
Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers recommends you do the following after a car accident in Town ‘n’ Country, Florida:
- Keep a level head and try not to panic
- Stay close to the site but be sure to maintain a safe distance as needed
- Provide assistance to others in the crash as long as it’s safe to do so
- Call the police and your insurance carrier
- Exchange contact and insurance information with other drivers
- Note the weather, injuries, cars involved, and any other details you observe
- Take photos of the site if you can
- Get medical attention
- Hire a personal injury lawyer
It’s important that you not speak to anyone about your role in the accident until you’ve had a chance to speak with a personal injury lawyer. Contact our law office at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers as soon as possible after the accident.
Contact Our Town ‘n’ Country Car Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation
Car accidents can turn your life upside down. The impact on your physical, emotional, and financial health is devastating. Our Tampa car accident lawyers at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers never dismiss or devalue what you’ve experienced.
We’re fierce advocates for our clients, and we’re relentless in fighting for the compensation you need to begin rebuilding your life.
You don’t have to handle any of this alone. Let our Town ‘n’ Country car accident lawyer take on the legal matters while you rest and recover after your accident. We offer a free consultation and are prepared to answer any questions and concerns you have.
Contact the personal injury lawyers at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers to discuss your case and start getting your life back to normal.