Were you or a loved one hurt in a bicycle accident in Tampa, Florida that someone else caused? You could be entitled to hold that responsible party liable for financial compensation. An experienced Tampa bicycle accident lawyer at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can fight for the maximum possible compensation you deserve.
Since 1986, our legal team has been helping injured victims in all types of cases involving Tampa assault injuries, child injuries, Tampa pedestrian accidents, taxi accidents, electric scooter accidents, and more.
To learn more, all you have to do is call our law offices in Tampa to schedule a free consultation at (813) 686-7588. We’re always available to listen to what happened and help you understand your legal rights.
How Can An Experienced Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer Help With My Bicycle Accident Claim?
When you’re riding a bike in Tampa, you have the right to share the roads with other motor vehicles. Unfortunately, drivers don’t always pay attention to bikes on the roads. And bicycle accidents can result in much more serious injuries than your typical car accident.
Personal injury claims involving more serious injuries tend to result in higher settlement awards. Insurance companies know this. They’ll devote more resources to your case so that they can avoid paying the full amount you deserve. In other words, you’ll have to fight to get the full compensation award you need.
An experienced Tampa personal injury lawyer can prevent the insurance company from taking advantage of you while you’re hurt. We know how expensive medical care can get. We also know that you might not be able to work while you deal with your physical recovery.
Our Board Certified civil trial specialists will do everything possible to recover every dollar you deserve.
That means our legal team will:
- Launch a comprehensive investigation to find out what caused your accident
- Locate all police reports, video footage, eyewitnesses, and other information that can prove who caused the crash
- Examine your medical records and work with experts and specialists to put a fair value on your injuries
- Fight back when the insurance company and defense lawyers try to blame you for the accident
- Handle all paperwork and insurance communications
- Negotiate fiercely on your behalf to secure the highest available compensation award
Remember, the insurance company knows what your case is worth. They aren’t just going to hand over the full amount you deserve. You’ll have to fight to get what’s right.
With over 50 years of combined experience, our personal injury attorneys at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers have the tools to help you win that fight.
Ready to learn more? All you have to do is call our offices. We’d be happy to arrange a time to meet and discuss your legal rights and options.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in Florida?
Florida has the highest rate of bicycle accident fatalities in the United States. In 2017, 783 bicyclists were killed in the U.S.–and 125 of those fatalities happened in Florida.
According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports, most bicycle accident deaths occur between 6pm and 9pm. 75% of all bicycle fatalities happen in urban areas–and 37% of fatal bicycle crashes in 2017 involved alcohol.
Using a helmet can greatly decrease the risk of death in bicycle accidents. However, only cyclists who are under the age of 16 are required to wear helmets under Florida law.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Tampa Bicycle Accident Victims?
Insurance companies want accident victims to agree to accept a settlement quickly. That can be really tempting when you need money just to cover your daily expenses.
If the insurance company has already put a settlement offer on the table, it’s important to realize that it can also result in accepting less than you deserve. You might run out of money before you’ve completed your treatment.
When you ask Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers for legal help, we’ll do everything we can to recover every dollar you deserve. That includes both economic and non-economic damages.
If you were hurt in a bike accident in Tampa, you could be entitled to recover compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future medical expenses
- Lost future earning capacity
- Physical therapy
- Rehabilitative care
- In-home modifications
- Medical devices
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Damages for wrongful death
We work with reputable specialists and experts to fully assess your damages. They can provide the types of evidence that judges and juries take seriously when evaluating your injury claim. They can also provide the incentive that insurance companies need to take your case seriously.
Give our personal injury attorneys in Tampa a call today to learn more about your right to compensation.
Can Shared Responsibility Limit My Right to Compensation?
Insurance companies commonly blame cyclists for causing their own accidents. This is a common insurance tactic designed to get you to back down–or accept less than you really deserve.
It’s important to know that Florida shared responsibility laws don’t eliminate your right to compensation as long as your share of fault is 50% or less. The modified comparative fault law in Florida provides that your settlement award can be reduced to account for your share of the blame. But you’ll be entitled to nothing if your responsibility exceeds 50%.
That means it’s important to minimize your role in the crash. Our attorneys are experienced in handling complex cases where shared fault is an issue. Give us a call today to learn more about how we’ll work to get the full amount you deserve.
Who Can Be Held Responsible For Paying Damages?
Multiple parties can be held liable for damages under Florida law. Anyone who shares fault for the bike accident can be held responsible for their fair share of the damages. Responsible parties might include:
- The at-fault driver of a motor vehicle
- Truck drivers
- Bus drivers
- Other bicyclists and pedestrians
- Government agencies
- The employer of a negligent driver
- Product manufacturers
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll work hard to identify every party responsible for your crash. That way we can demand fair compensation from each party that contributed to your injuries. If you’re ready to learn more, call our law offices today to discuss your legal options.
What are the Leading Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Tampa, FL?
According to Florida Department of Transportation study, the following scenarios most commonly lead to bicycle accidents in the sunshine state:
- Motorists turning right while the bicycle is crossing the street
- Motorists turning left facing the bicyclists
- Bicycles crossing at an intersection
- Motorists driving out at a stop sign
Any number of factors can contribute to the cause of a bicycle accident. Unfortunately, bicycle accidents are most often caused by preventable driver error.
Some of the leading causes of bike accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Running a red light or stop sign
- A driver fails to yield
- Inadequate lighting
- Poorly designed intersections
- Unsafe or illegal turns
- Unsafe passing
- Drunk driving
- Failing to look before pulling out of a driveway
- Lack of safe bicycle infrastructure and bike lanes
Bicycles are much more difficult to see than larger vehicles in general. When the driver of a motor vehicle isn’t paying attention, the results can be devastating for the person on the bicycle. Even a relatively low-speed accident can lead to catastrophic injuries.
We’ll Fight To Win Fair Compensation For All Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
Bicycle accident injuries are often life-altering. Even if you do fully recover, you could face unimaginably high medical bills. You might require years of physical therapy even if your injuries aren’t permanent.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll fight to recover fair compensation for all of your injuries.
We can help if your bicycle accident caused:
- Brain injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Nerve damage
- Broken bones
- Joint injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
You deserve to be fully compensated if someone else caused you to get hurt. If you were hurt in a bike accident occurring in Tampa, don’t hesitate to call our law offices today. We’d be happy to review your case for free so that you can get the legal advice you deserve.
What is the Statute of Limitations For Filing a Bicycle Accident Lawsuit in Tampa?
The state of Florida limits the amount of time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit.
If you were injured in a bicycle accident in Tampa, you have two years to file the paperwork to start your lawsuit. This deadline used to provide four years, but it was revised on March 24, 2023 by state law. Thus, if your Tampa bike accident happened after this date, you have to file your claim within two years.
We know you’re overwhelmed. All you have to do is call our law firm to get the legal process started. We’ll take care of filing all the necessary paperwork so that you meet the deadline for suing for damages.
Contact an Experienced Tampa Bicycle Accident Lawyer For a Free Case Review Today
Were you or a loved one hurt in a bicycle accident in Tampa? Call an experienced Tampa bicycle accident lawyer for help getting the financial compensation you need to get back on your feet. At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll put over 50 years of combined experience to work getting the fair compensation your family deserves.
To get started, feel free to call our offices or reach out to us online with your contact information today. We help bicycle accident victims throughout Tampa Bay including Clearwater, New Port Richey, and more.
Our personal injury law firm in Tampa also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Aviation/Airplane Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Birth Injury Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Car Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- E-Scooter Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Maritime Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Negligent Security Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Train Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Tampa, FL