Mark Roman | September 25, 2020 | Car Accidents
Who is Liable in a Grubhub Accident?
More than ever, people are using food delivery services such as GrubHub, Doordash, Uber Eats, and more. While there aren’t any known statistics about how often these types of accidents happen, it wouldn’t be surprising to learn that accidents involving food delivery drivers are rising. After an accident with a food delivery driver, determining liability depends on a few factors. Here’s what you need to know.
Taking Legal Action
If a GrubHub driver hits you, you are entitled to take legal action and file a compensation claim. Even though GrubHub drivers are independent contractors, the company can still be held responsible for their driver’s actions and should provide coverage for other parties involved in the accident. Filing an insurance claim against a GrubHub driver can be complicated, so having an experienced personal injury attorney to assist you with a claim can make all the difference in the outcome of your case.
What to Do After an Accident with a GrubHub Driver
When involved in a crash with a GrubHub driver, there are a few steps to ensure you are protected:
- Seek medical attention – even if you were involved in a “fender bender,” sometimes injury symptoms do not show up until hours or days later. Being checked for possible injuries should be a priority.
- File a police report – after any motor vehicle accident, it’s critical to immediately call the police for assistance and obtain a police report. A police report that outlines the details of the accident is necessary documentation when submitting a claim.
- Obtain the GrubHub driver’s information – after an accident, it’s essential to have the GrubHub driver’s contact and insurance information. Also, take the information of any witnesses to the accident as well.
- Gather evidence – if you can, take pictures of the accident scene. This can help determine liability.
- Call your insurance company – as soon as possible, be sure to contact your insurance company to let them know you’ve been involved in an accident.
- Contact a car accident lawyer – having an experienced attorney assist you with your case can increase the chances of a favorable outcome.
Contact the Car Accident Law Firm Of Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers To Get The Help You Deserve
Being involved in a car accident can be a scary experience, and sustaining life-threatening injuries, as a result, can be that much more devastating. If you’ve been injured in an accident with a GrubHub driver, we can help. At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, our experienced attorneys know how to deal with insurance companies who often push back or offer lowball settlements.
When it comes to holding the negligent parties accountable for causing your accident, we’ll fight tirelessly for you to receive the maximum compensation you deserve.
If you need help with your injury case or you want to learn more information, please call the Car Accident law firm of Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers at (727) 787-2500 or visit the nearest location to schedule a free case evaluation today.
If you would prefer to email us, please visit our contact page.