Brain injuries can cause devastating consequences. Contact an experienced Clearwater brain injury lawyer at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers at (727) 787-2500 to explore your options for recovering fair financial compensation. We offer a free consultation.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our Clearwater attorneys to get the legal help you deserve if you suffered a brain injury because someone else was careless or reckless.
Our law firm has decades of experience helping accident victims involved in Clearwater catastrophic injuries, Clearwater wrongful death claims, workers’ compensation, retirement home abuse claims, product liability, and more.
How Our Experienced Clearwater Personal Injury Lawyers Will Help With Your Brain Injury Case
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can impact your physical and mental health. Even a “minor” Clearwater brain injury can leave you suffering from nausea, memory loss, and even seizures. Serious brain injuries can create catastrophic damage.
You need the best medical care possible if you’ve sustained any type of head trauma. Quality medical treatment doesn’t come cheap.
When you’re hurt because of someone else’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to pay for the mistake out of your own pocket. However, it isn’t always easy to get the full amount you deserve. You need an experienced Clearwater brain injury lawyer to maximize your chances of getting full compensation for your injuries.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we have over 75 years of combined legal experience. We’ve successfully handled cases involving injuries similar to yours.
When you hire our Clearwater personal injury lawyers to help with your case, you can expect that we will:
- Obtain the proof you need to establish the extent of your injuries and the other party’s negligence
- Locate every party that contributed to the cause of your accident and work to hold them fully accountable
- Work with experts to make sure you demand enough compensation to cover both current and future expenses
- Use decades of experience to negotiate the highest possible settlement
- Fight back when the defendant tries to blame you for your own injuries to reduce your payout
- Handle the paperwork burden that comes along with any personal injury case
Having an experienced Clearwater brain injury attorney by your side is the best way to make sure your case proceeds as smoothly as possible. Ready to take the next step? Call our law offices today. We’d be happy to arrange a free consultation at your convenience.
How Common Are Clearwater Brain Injuries?
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) data, about 2.87 million Americans are treated for brain injuries every year. Thousands of people lose their lives.
For the past 20 years, traumatic brain injuries have been a leading cause of death among both adults and children. Every year, 80,000 to 90,000 people sustain a long-term disability because of a brain injury. An estimated 5.3 million Americans are living with the effects of a TBI at any given time.
Common Types of Brain Injuries in Clearwater, FL
Any type of brain injury caused by a blow to the head is called a traumatic brain injury. These types of head injuries can vary dramatically in terms of severity. Generally, brain injuries are grouped into two categories: open head injuries and closed head injuries.
Open Head Injuries
An open head injury happens when something forceful enough happens to penetrate the skull. Examples of open head injuries include:
- Linear skull fractures
- Diastatic skull fractures
- Depressed skull fractures
- Basilar skull fractures
Any type of open head injury can be life-threatening. It’s always critical to seek immediate emergency medical care. Often, surgery will be required to repair the damage.
Closed Head Injuries
Closed head injuries are caused by movement of the brain within the skull. In other words, the skull and actual brain are not actually punctured. Examples of closed head injuries include:
- Intracranial hematomas
- Cerebral contusions
- Diffuse axonal injury
A minor closed head injury can usually be easily treated. Others can cause more serious long-term damage.
We Handle All Types of Brain Injury Claims in Clearwater Near You
Any type of traumatic accident can cause a brain injury. Unfortunately, many of these accidents are caused by simple negligence. According to the CDC, most brain injuries are caused by:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Being struck by or against an object/person
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, our personal injury attorneys handle all types of brain injury cases in Clearwater. For example, we help clients who have sustained a traumatic brain injury in:
- Car accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Boat accidents
- An assault caused by negligent security
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Sports accidents
You deserve an experienced Clearwater brain injury attorney to help you recover compensation if you were hurt in an accident. Reach out to Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers today to learn more about how our attorneys and staff in Clearwater can help.
Watch Out For These Brain Injury Symptoms
Brain injuries don’t always show up immediately. If you were involved in an accident, it’s important to watch for even the subtle signals that you may have sustained a brain injury.
Some of the immediate signs of a brain injury might include:
- Loss of consciousness
- Double vision or blurred vision
- Loss of balance
- Weakness in the arms or legs
- Slurred speech
Some brain injuries don’t manifest themselves for hours or even days after an accident. That’s why Clearwater accident victims should always seek medical attention near them immediately. Some signs of a brain injury that might take slightly longer to appear include:
- Sensitivity to light or sound
- Changes in behavior
- Mood swings
- Depression and anxiety
- Drowsiness and fatigue
- Loss of your ability to concentrate
- Ringing in the ears
Most of these symptoms are short-term. They can be corrected with proper medical attention. However, victims of serious brain injuries can also suffer long-term consequences.
What Are the Long-Term Consequences of a Traumatic Brain Injury Near You?
Injuries to the brain can impact your entire body. It can be difficult to predict how any given injury will impact a victim.
Some of the possible long-term consequences of a brain injury include:
- Memory loss
- Facial paralysis
- Hearing or vision loss
- Cognitive changes
- Loss of self-control or inhibition
- Immune system deficits
- Chronic pain and headaches
- Loss of fine motor skills
- Seizure disorders
You deserve an experienced Clearwater traumatic brain injury attorney to help you fight for compensation if you sustained a brain injury because someone else couldn’t bother to be careful. Our team at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers is ready to assist. Take the first step by calling our law firm for a free case review today.
Statute of Limitations to File a Brain Injury Lawsuit in Clearwater, Florida
You only have a limited time to file a lawsuit even if your brain damage was severe. The statute of limitations in Florida puts a two-year time limit on your ability to file a personal injury lawsuit. The clock starts running on the date your brain injury accident happens.
Note that the statute of limitations in Florida used to give accident victims four years to file a lawsuit. However, the law was revised on March 24, 2023, shortening the statutory deadline. Accordingly, brain injuries occurring after that date are subject to the two-year deadline.
If the brain injury results in death, you have a two-year window of time to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
It’s always a good idea to start the legal process as quickly as possible. Assessing the value of your injury claim will take time. Our Clearwater brain injury lawyers will often hire experts and specialists to provide evidence about the extent of your injuries–and the cost of your future treatment.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we’re ready to get started when you are. Just call our law firm and set up your free case evaluation with an attorney who can help.
Calculating the Financial Value of Your Brain Injury Claim
Brain injuries can lead to permanent disabilities. Even if you’re able to return to your normal life, you could suffer from ongoing pain, cognitive changes, and loss of fine motor skills.
As a result, the damages available to brain injury victims in Clearwater can vary dramatically. As a general rule, more serious and permanent brain injuries will result in higher compensation awards.
Despite this, even a mild traumatic brain injury can significantly interfere with your life. At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll use our six decades of experience to negotiate the highest available compensation award in your case. That might include money for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future medical bills
- Lost future earning capacity
- Physical therapy
- Rehabilitative care
- Long-term care
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Depression and anxiety
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of your independence
- Damages for wrongful death
Negligent parties are responsible for all of the damage they cause. That includes both tangible and intangible losses. Our lawyers will fight to hold all negligent parties fully accountable.
What if I Was Partly to Blame?
You can still recover compensation even if you were partly to blame – but not if your share of fault exceeds 50%. Insurance companies often use the Florida modified comparative fault rule to scare accident victims out of pursuing their right to full compensation.
If it turns out that the accident was partly your fault, your compensation can be reduced to account for your share of the blame. However, if you’re 51% or more responsible, you’re barred from a financial recovery.
Contact a Trusted Clearwater Brain Injury Lawyer At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers For Help Today
If you or a loved one sustained a brain injury, call an experienced Clearwater brain injury lawyer at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers for help today. Your consultation is always 100% free, so there’s no risk in exploring your legal options.
Clearwater Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney Review
Read more of our reviews here.
Our personal injury law firm in Clearwater also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Aviation/Airplane Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Birth Injury Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Car Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Drowning Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- E-Scooter Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Hurricane Insurance Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Maritime Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Sexual Assault Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Slip And Fall Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Uninsured Motorist Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Clearwater, FL