Dunedin Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been in a car accident in Dunedin, FL, you may be facing a host of financial, legal, and emotional consequences. Whether you have medical bills, repairs for property damage, or disruption of work and daily activities, it can be costly and challenging to move forward.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers in Dunedin, Florida, we understand these challenges. Our Dunedin car accident lawyers offer dedicated legal support for those who have been in an accident. Contact us today for a free consultation with our Dunedin car accident attorney.
How Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Car Accident in Dunedin
Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers has over 50 years of combined experience and a proven track record. Our Dunedin personal injury lawyersHave you been injured in a car accident in Dunedin? Contact Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers today to schedule your free case evaluation. have received multiple awards and recovered over $120 million for our clients. Our Dunedin car accident lawyers stand out in providing exceptional legal aid. We prioritize your rights and financial compensation after a car accident.
Here’s how we can help you after a car accident in Dunedin, FL:
- Personalized Legal Consultation and Guidance: Our seasoned attorneys offer personalized consultations, guiding you through your legal options and explaining the steps to take after a car accident. Understanding that every case is unique, we tailor our legal strategies to fit your specific circumstances.
- Local Expertise: We are skilled in bringing personal injury claims under Florida law.
- Investigation: Our team conducts thorough investigations into your accident, gathering crucial evidence such as witness statements, accident reports, and expert opinions to build a strong case in your favor.
- Negotiation with Insurance Companies: We handle all communications and negotiations with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Representation in Court: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, our attorneys are prepared to litigate in court, presenting compelling arguments and evidence to support your case.
- Comprehensive Documentation and Legal Proceedings: We manage all legal documentation and procedures related to your case, ensuring accuracy and completeness. This includes filing paperwork, scheduling court dates, and adhering to legal deadlines.
How Common Are Car Accidents in Dunedin, FL?
Across the state of Florida, car accidents have been on the rise. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, over 330,000 crashes have occurred in 2023 so far, with more than 140,000 injured in those car accidents. Fatal car crashes have also been on the rise across the state, and Dunedin is no exception. Dunedin’s accident statistics reveal a concerning trend of increasing car accidents each year.
What Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
The value of your case depends on various factors, including:
- Severity of injuries
- Cost of medical treatment, including medication and physical therapy
- Damage to one’s property
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Disruption to one’s daily activities
- Impact on relationships with loved ones
This is not an exhaustive list — there may be other factors in your case. It is important to consult with a car accident lawyer so that they can identify any additional factors and build the strongest case possible for your compensation.
What Kind of Damages Are Available to Accident Victims?
Car accident victims may claim two main types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages. These types of damages are intended to compensate for the harm to the plaintiff. Another kind of damages, punitive damages, seeks to punish the defendant rather than compensate the plaintiff. As punitive damages are rarely awarded, we will focus on economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages provide compensation for tangible losses. They are called economic damages because they are easily measured by a dollar amount. Economic damages include medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and loss of earning capacity. They can include costs incurred before the date of filing and costs that will likely arise after.
Non-economic damages provide compensation for intangible losses. You may have heard of pain and suffering damages, which compensate for the emotional distress caused by the accident and injury. Other disruptions to one’s quality of life, like the loss of enjoyment of daily activities and loss of consortium, also fall under non-economic damages.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers understands the financial stressors of being involved in a car accident. That’s why we operate on a contingency fee basis. You pay us only if we win your case. Contingency fees make it accessible for people to pursue justice by lowering the barriers to hiring a lawyer.
Can I Recover Compensation if I’m Being Blamed for a Car Accident in Florida?
Florida follows a modified comparative fault rule, which means that you can recover compensation, even if you are partially at fault. However, there is a 51% bar in Florida, which means that you cannot recover compensation if you are more than 50% at fault. If you are less than 51% at fault, your damages award will be reduced by the percentage of the accident for which you are at fault.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can cause a range of injuries, including
Depending upon the nature of the car accident, you may sustain other injuries as well. It is important to seek prompt medical evaluation to identify injuries, seek treatment, and include any injuries you have in a claim for damages.
What Causes Most Car Accidents in Dunedin, FL?
Residents and visitors of Dunedin experience high traffic, tourism, and a range of other hazards that can cause accidents.
Common causes of car accidents in Dunedin include:
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is a major cause of car accidents. Drivers who are distracted due to texting, grooming, or even eating are not able to react to other cars and obstacles as easily.
- Speeding: Speeding not only reduces reaction time, but it can also impact one’s control over one’s car. The impact of a collision at high speed can cause much more severe injuries than would otherwise be sustained.
- Driving under the Influence: Intoxicated driving risks the safety of everyone on the road. Drivers who are under the influence may not perceive obstacles. Their judgment may also be impaired.
- Car Malfunctions: Car malfunctions and tire blowouts, while rare, can still happen. Promptly pulling over can reduce the risk of injuries to the car and others on the road.
- Weather Conditions: Rain, hail, fog, and ice can reduce visibility and create unsafe and slippery surfaces for driving. One should always reduce their speed and drive carefully in inclement weather.
The causes of an accident can play a role in the determination of liability for a personal injury claim.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Car Accident in Florida?
A plaintiff must prove all four elements of a negligence claim: duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages.
Duty of Care
Everyone owes a duty of care to act reasonably under the circumstances. For drivers, the duty of care includes remaining vigilant and following all traffic laws.
Breach of Duty
Breach of duty happens when someone does not meet the standard expected of them under their duty of care. For instance, a driver who is texting and driving has likely breached their duty of care.
Plaintiffs must show that the defendant’s breach of duty caused their injuries. That requires showing that the injury would not have happened if not for the breach (actual causation), and that the breach of duty was the most likely cause of the injury (proximate causation).
Finally, plaintiffs must show that they have sustained injuries — physical, emotional, or financial — due to the defendant’s breach of duty.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Car Accident in Florida?
A statute of limitations is a law that lists deadlines to file different kinds of claims. Florida’s statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits states that you must file your claim two years from the date of the accident. Even if you have time before the deadline, contacting a lawyer as soon as possible gives them more time to interview witnesses, gather evidence, build your case, and file your claim. Your claim will be barred if you do not file before the deadline.
Contact Our Dunedin Car Accident Lawyers For a Free Consultation
You have enough to worry about if you have been in a car accident. Our skilled Dunedin car accident lawyers will protect your interests and help you navigate the complexities of personal injury law. Contact Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation. Let us fight for your rights and secure the compensation you deserve in Dunedin, FL.