If you have been injured in a bicycle accident near Clearwater, Florida contact us today at (727) 787-2500. A skilled bicycle accident lawyer at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can help you get the full amount of compensation you deserve. If someone else’s negligence was to blame, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Since 1996, our Board Certified civil law specialists have been aggressive in our pursuit of fair compensation for accident victims–and we’ve helped injured clients take home over $100 million in compensation over the years.
We handle all types of personal injury cases, including bad faith insurance cases, drowning accidents, Clearwater lyft accidents, Clearwater maritime accidents, pedestrian accidents, and more. Speak to a Clearwater attorney today for a free consultation.
How Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Bicycle Accident in Clearwater, FL
Even a fairly minor bicycle accident injury can leave you struggling. Trying to get fair compensation can add insult to injury. Insurance companies in Florida are more than happy to take clients’ money for car insurance. They aren’t so eager when it comes time to pay accident victims what they deserve.
They might even try to scare you into accepting less just so you can put the ordeal in the past.
That’s just not right. Our highly-experienced Clearwater personal injury law firm can help you fight back.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we have over 75 years of experience helping clients like you.
When you hire us, you can expect an attorney who will:
- Locate evidence to prove who was responsible for your injuries
- Hire experts and specialists to help you understand what your injury claim is worth
- Answer all of your questions about how the legal process works and what you can expect
- Minimize any claims that you shared responsibility for the accident
Our Clearwater cyclist attorneys always put in the hard work needed to build the strongest possible injury claim. We’ll use our skills to negotiate the highest settlement possible. If the insurance company won’t offer a fair settlement, we aren’t afraid to take your case before a judge and jury to get what’s right.
Are you interested in finding out what it takes to get the full amount you deserve after an accident? Call today to learn more about how we’ll work to secure a meaningful financial recovery for you.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in Clearwater?
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration research shows that Florida is the deadliest state in the U.S. for bicyclists. In fact, deaths among Florida cyclists have tripled since 1975.
In 2020, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) reported 5,919 bicycle crashes. 157 of those accidents were fatal. In Pinellas County alone, there were 518 bicycle accidents and eight fatalities reported for 2020.
What is My Clearwater Bicycle Accident Case Worth?
The value of a bike accident claim can vary dramatically from case to case. Generally, the extent and severity of your injuries is a key elements that insurance companies consider when deciding how much they’re willing to pay.
Important factors to consider when putting a dollar value on your injury include:
- The cost of your past and ongoing medical care
- The value of your lost wages and income, now and into the future
- The emotional and psychological damage caused by the accident and injuries
- Whether the accident caused any permanent damage
More serious injuries usually result in higher settlements. However, don’t underestimate the insurance company. They might try to reduce the value of your injury claim by blaming you for the accident, saying you weren’t wearing a helmet, or claiming your injuries were pre-existing.
If you want to hold the responsible parties fully accountable, call a skilled Clearwater bicycle accident attorney for help. We’d be happy to evaluate your claim and help you understand the level of compensation available in your case.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Bicycle Accident Victims in Clearwater, FL?
Never underestimate the cost of treating any injury. Your expenses could extend well beyond medical expenses and lost wages. Personal injury victims in Florida are entitled to reimbursement for the full cost of their injuries. That includes both economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages represent your actual financial expenses.
They include compensation for things like:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- The cost of ongoing medical care
- Lost future earning capacity
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Emotional counseling
- Property damage
Florida personal injury laws also give victims the right to recover damages for more subjective, harder to value costs, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
It’s always a challenge to put a fair value on the cost of an injury. Predicting future expenses can be particularly difficult. That’s why at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we work with respected industry experts in medicine, economics, and even psychology to arrive at a fair dollar value.
Do you have questions about the availability of damages in your case? Give us a quick call today to learn more.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Bicycle Accident in Florida?
Insurance companies and defense lawyers are often quick to point the finger at someone else rather than accepting blame after a bike wreck. They know blaming the victim can give them a way out of paying what they really deserve. For example, they might try to claim you made your injuries worse by violating Florida state bicycle helmet laws.
However, it’s important to understand that you can recover compensation even if you’re partly to blame – you just can’t be more at fault than the other party. Under Florida’s modified comparative fault law, you can recover compensation if your level of negligence is 50% or less. However, your compensation will be reduced by your allocated blame.
So why do insurance companies try to blame the victim? Because they know that your compensation award can be reduced to account for your own share of fault (or eliminated altogether). If you’re seriously hurt, a significant amount of money could be at stake.
Our lawyers can work to find evidence that might minimize your role in the crash, so call today to discuss your options.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
Bicycle accidents tend to be most traumatic for the person on the bike. It’s common for bicyclists to suffer severe injuries when they’re hit in a car accident. You deserve to be fully compensated for those injuries–no matter how big or small.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we can help if you’ve suffered:
- Head and neck injuries
- Brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Burn injuries
- Chest injuries
- Road rash
- Internal organ damage
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
You shouldn’t have to pay the price for your bicycle injury when someone else caused the accident. Call our offices today for general information about how an attorney-client relationship can help you.
What Causes Most Bicycle Accidents in Clearwater, Florida?
When it comes down to it, most bicycle accidents in Clearwater are caused by simple negligence. That means most accidents can be prevented if everyone exercises reasonable caution. Sometimes, negligent drivers fail to see the bicyclist until it’s much too late.
More specifically, some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Passing too closely
- Aggressive driving
- Illegal lane changes
- Illegal or unsafe turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Drowsy driving
- Other traffic law violations
- Road hazards
- Inclement weather
Of course, many bike accidents are caused by a lack of bicycle infrastructure, like bike lanes and physical barriers designed to protect the cyclist from traffic.
If you were hurt in a motor vehicle accident while on a bike, reach out for legal advice today. You may be entitled to more compensation than you think.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Bicycle Accident in Florida?
To win compensation after a bike accident, you have to offer proof that someone else was responsible. Usually, this means you have to prove negligence–that someone else made a mistake that breached their duty to exercise reasonable caution. That proof can come in many forms.
Our lawyers might use any of the following types of evidence to build your personal injury case:
- Eyewitness testimony
- Medical records
- Accident reports
- Video surveillance footage
- Expert witness testimony
The help of an experienced attorney goes a long way in finding the types of evidence insurance companies take seriously. If you need help, don’t hesitate to call our legal team at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers for a free case review today.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Bicycle Accident in Florida?
Most injured cyclists in Florida have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. The state’s statute of limitations used to give accident victims four years to file. However, the law was revised on March 24, 2023, shortening the time limit – meaning bicycle accidents occurring after that date are subject to the two-year deadline.
Once two years have passed, the statute of limitations expires and you lose your right to compensation.
There aren’t many exceptions when it comes to this deadline. If some time has passed since your bike accident, don’t hesitate to call Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers today. We’ll act quickly to preserve your legal rights.
Contact a Clearwater Bicycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
If you were seriously hurt while riding a bicycle in Clearwater, FL, call Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers. Our experienced Clearwater bicycle accident lawyers will help you fight to recover compensation for your injuries. We offer a free case evaluation where we’ll sit down and discuss possible strategies for getting the compensation you need and deserve.
Highly Rated Hospitals Near Our Law Office in Clearwater, FL
- AdventHealth Medical Group Internal Medicine at Dunedin – 2323 Curlew Rd #7d, Dunedin, FL 34698
- Morton Plant Primary Care – 30522 US Hwy 19 N, Palm Harbor, FL 34684
- MPM Primary Care – Countryside I – 3251 McMullen Booth Rd #104, Clearwater, FL 33761
- Mease Countryside Hospital – 3231 McMullen Booth Rd, Safety Harbor, FL 34695
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Our personal injury law firm in Clearwater also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Aviation/Airplane Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Birth Injury Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Car Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Drowning Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- E-Scooter Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Hurricane Insurance Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Maritime Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Sexual Assault Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Slip And Fall Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Uninsured Motorist Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Clearwater, FL