Do you believe you have been a victim of bad faith insurance practices after a hurricane in Clearwater, Florida? Is the insurance company giving you the runaround? Insurance companies in the state of Florida are subject to strict regulations. An experienced Clearwater hurricane insurance lawyer at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can work to protect your rights and make sure the insurance companies are treating you fairly.
Our lawyers have over 50 years of experience handling all types of personal injury cases, including Clearwater product liability claims, Clearwater slip and fall accidents, workplace accidents, mesothelioma & asbestos cases, catastrophic injuries, and more. Since we started our practice, we’ve helped clients recover over $100 million in settlements and verdicts.
How Can Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Help With a Hurricane Insurance Dispute in Clearwater?
Standing up to a big insurance company can be overwhelming. If you’ve ever filed an insurance claim, you know that recovering fair compensation can be difficult. A Clearwater bad-faith insurance attorney can help you get the insurer’s attention.
When you hire Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, you’ll have an entire legal team in your corner. Our team has been recognized by Super Lawyers and earned Martindale Hubbell’s AV-Preeminent rating.
When you hire our team, we’ll have the ability to:
- Review your policy and determine whether you have a valid bad-faith insurance case
- Gather evidence to support your claim
- Calculate your damages and document your losses
- Handle all paperwork and provide the required insurance notices
- Negotiate with the insurance company to recover the fair compensation you deserve
Don’t wait too long if you suspect the insurance company is acting in bad faith. Contact an experienced Clearwater personal injury lawyer for legal advice today. As always, your initial consultation is completely free of charge, and we work on a contingency fee basis.
What Is Bad-Faith Insurance?
Hurricane insurance is extremely valuable here in Florida. High winds, fallen trees, and extreme flooding can cause significant damage to your property. When a hurricane impacts your area, hurricane insurance can help cover the cost of repairing your property and relocation during repairs.
You count on the insurance company to come through when you need help the most. After all, you purchased hurricane insurance for protection in the event that a severe storm damages your home. Unfortunately, hurricanes are extremely expensive for insurance companies, and you could face difficulty with your claim as a result.
These companies are required to deal with policyholders in a fair manner. They’re required to handle your claim and make a good-faith effort to provide compensation for damages covered under your policy. When an insurance company engages in unfair practices, you may have a valid bad-faith insurance claim.
How Do I Know Whether I’ve Been a Victim of Bad-Faith Hurricane Insurance Practices?
Our lawyers handle all types of bad-faith insurance claims. We also know that it can be difficult to know whether you have a valid case against an insurance company. That’s where our lawyers can help. Florida’s Unfair Insurance Trade Practices Act governs bad-faith insurance claims.
You may have been a victim of bad-faith insurance practices if the hurricane insurance company:
- Denies your claim without providing a legitimate reason
- Fails to settle a valid claim in a timely manner
- Fails to respond to your calls, emails, and questions
- Misrepresents the terms of your policy or misrepresents other important facts
- Reduces the value of your hurricane insurance claim without providing a legitimate justification
- Requests unreasonable information to delay paying your insurance claim
- Fails to investigate your claim within a reasonable amount of time
A hurricane can severely disrupt your life. If you don’t believe that the insurance company is acting in good faith, it’s always a good idea to speak with an experienced lawyer. Call Roman
Austin Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule a free case review with our Clearwater hurricane insurance attorneys today.
Can the Insurance Company Legitimately Deny My Hurricane Insurance Claim?
Sometimes the insurance company may have a legitimate reason to deny your claim.
Claims may legitimately be denied if:
- The risk is not covered under the policy
- You fail to file a claim within the time limits specified by the policy
- You failed to pay your policy premiums, and the policy lapsed
- You fail to provide reasonable information requested by the insurance company
- The specific damage is excluded under the terms of the policy
- There is a legitimate dispute as to liability
Has the insurance company denied your claim? They are required to provide the reason for denying your claim. Contact our lawyers today to learn whether there was a legitimate reason for the denied claim.
Our Lawyers Handle All Types of Hurricane Insurance Claims in Clearwater, Florida
Insurance companies are here to make a profit. They collect premiums for years, betting on whether a disaster will strike or not. When a natural disaster does impact a policyholder, they may claim the losses weren’t covered or even blame you for not reporting the damage soon enough.
Our experienced insurance claims attorneys at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers have decades of experience standing up to insurance companies. Regardless of the type of damage you have sustained, you can count on us to help you through the insurance claims process.
Our law firm handles all types of hurricane damage claims, including:
Flood Insurance Claims
When floodwaters or a storm surge enter your home, the damage can be overwhelming. It’s important to take immediate action to mitigate the water damage. Even a few inches of water in your home will mean you’ll have to remove flooring, doors, drywall, and furniture. With a few feet of water, you’ll lose your appliances and personal items.
Flood insurance is designed to cover these and other costs. The insurance company knows that professional mitigation is expensive. If they are refusing to pay or attempting to undervalue your claim, call our Clearwater hurricane damage lawyers. We’ll do everything we can to get the compensation you deserve.
Wind Insurance Claims
High winds can also cause extensive damage. They can knock down trees and powerlines, which in turn can damage your home or vehicle. Wind can tear your roof apart or send debris through your windows.
High winds can cause:
- Structural damage
- Roof damage
- Damage to vehicles
- Broken windows
- Damage to the interior of your home
- Detached awnings and shutters
Property owners purchase hurricane insurance for protection when these storms happen. Unfortunately, insurance companies may try to minimize their own financial responsibility by undervaluing or denying your claim. When that happens, it’s always a good idea to get legal representation.
Property Damage Claims
As most Florida residents know, hurricanes can cause a shocking amount of property damage.
Hurricane insurance can cover damage caused by:
- Storm surge
- High winds
- Burst pipes
- Broken windows
Hurricane insurance often covers damage caused by both tropical storms and hurricanes. Our lawyers handle both residential and commercial claims. If you have questions about your legal options after a storm, give us a call today.
What Types of Compensation Can I Recover if I Have a Valid Claim Against the Hurricane Insurance Company?
Many different types of compensation can be available if the insurance company denies your claim after a hurricane.
You may be entitled to:
- The full amount of your initial claim
- Additional money to cover additional damage caused by the delay in making repairs
- Interest on amounts you borrowed to make the repairs
- Out-of-pocket expenses you incurred because of the bad-faith insurance practices
- Attorney’s fees and costs
- Compensation for emotional distress and inconvenience
Insurance companies understand the law, and they know their obligations. Our insurance claims lawyers are here to help you file a hurricane damage liability claim. Just call for a free case review to get started.
What Can I Do To Mitigate Damage Caused by Storms and Hurricanes?
There are some things you can do to keep yourself safe during hurricane season.
It’s always a good idea to:
- Buy a generator, flashlights, and batteries
- Stock up on non-perishable foods and bottled water
- Evacuate when ordered
- Stay in the center of your home, away from windows, during a storm
- Secure outdoor furniture and
- Stay indoors during the storm and for at least 30 minutes after you hear lightning
Hurricane seasons have been extremely active in recent years. It’s important to prepare for the worst when you’re in a storm’s path.
You Only Have a Limited Amount of Time To File a Bad-Faith Hurricane Insurance Claim in Clearwater
Under Florida insurance laws, you must first give the insurance company 60 days’ notice before filing a lawsuit. During that 60-day period, the insurance company can investigate and correct their mistake.
If the insurance company fails to act within the 60-day notice period, you have five years to file a lawsuit. Once the statute of limitations expires, you can no longer seek compensation.
Contact a Clearwater Hurricane Insurance Lawyer for a Free Consultation Today
Is the insurance company giving you the runaround after a storm? Call Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers to learn how an experienced Clearwater hurricane insurance lawyer can help you fight for justice.
Our personal injury law firm in Clearwater also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Aviation/Airplane Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Birth Injury Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Car Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Drowning Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- E-Scooter Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Maritime Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Sexual Assault Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Slip And Fall Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Uninsured Motorist Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Clearwater, FL