A plane crash can be a life-changing experience. If you or a loved one were injured in an airplane accident near Clearwater, Florida, our lawyers at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can help. An experienced Clearwater aviation/airplane accident lawyer can help you fight to recover fair compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
Our lawyers have over 50 years of experience between us. Since we were founded in 1996, we’ve recovered more than $100 million in settlements and verdicts for clients involved in all types of cases, such as birth injuries, Clearwater brain injuries, Clearwater catastrophic injuries, construction accidents, cruise ship accidents, and more.
How Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Aviation/Airplane Accident in Clearwater
For most people, the thought of a plane crash is terrifying. They imagine fiery crashes, twisted metal, and even planes that are lost at sea. While not all plane accidents are so dramatic, they can be just as devastating to the injured victims.
If you were injured because someone else was careless, you deserve to be compensated. Our experienced Clearwater injury lawyers at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers will stand by your side and protect your legal rights every step of the way.
Hiring our team means that you’ll have a respected and experienced attorney to:
- Conduct an independent investigation into the accident
- Gather and analyze evidence
- Hire leading experts and specialists
- Calculate the fair value of your accident and injury claim
- Handle all paperwork and meet all deadlines
- Negotiate with the insurance company for the maximum compensation you deserve
Do not hesitate to seek legal advice if you were injured. Call our Clearwater personal injury attorneys to learn more about our practice, experience, and resources today. As always, we offer free initial consultations.
How Common Are Aviation/Airplane Accidents in Clearwater?
Aviation accidents are much more common than you might think. Crashes involving major commercial airlines are, of course, relatively rare. Still, in 2020 alone, 40 commercial airplane crashes were reported, and 299 people lost their lives in fatal crashes.
Plane accidents involving general aviation aircraft are much more common. “General aviation aircraft” includes any planes that aren’t classified as commercial airlines or military planes. According to preliminary data, 1,085 general aviation accidents occurred in 2020. About 205 of those accidents were fatal.
A grand total of 14,543 private planes are registered in the State of Florida. That makes Florida the third-most-popular state for small jets and planes in the U.S. Unfortunately, it also means that many aviation accidents are likely to occur across the state.
What Is My Clearwater Aviation/Airplane Accident Case Worth?
The aftermath of an aviation accident can be traumatic. While you’re struggling with a painful recovery, you might quickly find yourself in financial trouble–especially if you’re unable to work. It can be tempting to accept a fast insurance settlement offer to get money in your pocket. Often, accepting an insurance deal too quickly is a mistake.
Insurance companies count on the fact that most accident victims don’t know how much their personal injury case is worth. They’ll offer what seems like an appealing settlement to convince you to accept quickly and for less than you deserve.
Our experienced lawyers at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can evaluate your case for free and help you determine how much your case is really worth.
The value of your case depends on things like:
- The severity of your injuries
- The cost of your medical care
- Your anticipated need for future medical treatment and rehabilitation
- How the injury impacts your ability to work, considering future lost earning potential
- Your emotional trauma and suffering
- How the injury will change your life after you’ve recovered to the extent possible
Our attorneys in Clearwater can help you build the strongest case for compensation possible. To learn more about our practice areas and experience, call to schedule a free case review today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Aviation/Airplane Accident Victims?
Florida personal injury laws allow injured parties to seek compensation for economic damages and non-economic damages.
An injury can be expensive. Your economic damages award should cover all of your financial expenses–including past expenses and costs you’re expected to incur in the future.
You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Physical therapy
- Nursing care
- Long-term care
- Property damage
Evaluating the value of your non-economic damages can be more challenging. You won’t have receipts to prove their value to the insurance company. The skill of your personal injury attorney can make a world of difference when it comes to valuing these losses.
Our aviation accident lawyers will carefully evaluate your case and build a non-economic damages demand for your:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Permanent physical impairments, disfigurement, and scarring
- Anxiety and depression
- PTSD and fear of air travel
- Loss of consortium
You shouldn’t underestimate the costs of an injury. If you accept a settlement without carefully considering all of your losses, you risk leaving money on the table. To learn more about how a lawyer can help, call our team for a free case evaluation today.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Aviation/Airplane Accident Injuries
Plane crash victims often suffer some of the most severe injuries. Regardless of the type of injuries you’ve sustained, our aviation attorneys will fight to recover the compensation you need.
We often handle cases involving:
- Crushing injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Whiplash injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
If you can’t make it to our office in Clearwater, that’s okay. We’re available to visit you in your home or the hospital if you prefer.
What Causes Most Aviation/Airplane Accidents in Clearwater, Florida?
Most airplane accidents happen during takeoff and landing. Pilots have to complete extensive training to fly a plane. Still, many airplane accidents occur because of pilot error. Pilots in smaller jets are more likely to be distracted and inexperienced.
Some of the most common causes of aviation and airplane accidents include:
- Failure to properly inspect and maintain the aircraft
- Violations of federal aviation safety regulations
- Defective safety equipment, including faulty landing gear
- Engine or equipment failure
- Lack of communication between pilots and air traffic control personnel
- Defects in the plane or plane components
- Adverse weather conditions
- Operating the plane while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Slip and fall accidents on the plane, tarmac, or in the airport
- Assault and violence aboard a flight
- Falling luggage and improperly secured cargo and equipment
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we have the experience to conduct a detailed investigation into your crash. Once we identify the cause of the accident, we’ll work to locate all parties who share fault.
These parties may include:
- The pilot
- A company that owns the plane
- Plane mechanics and crew
- Air traffic control personnel
- A commercial airline
- Government agencies responsible for oversight and licensing
- An airport
Do you have questions about the legal issues you might face after a plane accident? Contact our Clearwater aviation/airplane accident attorneys for a free initial consultation today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After an Aviation/Airplane Accident in Florida?
Most of the time, plane accidents occur because someone made a mistake. If you were the person injured, you’re also responsible for proving that someone else’s negligence caused your injuries.
Unlike in motor vehicle accident cases, you may not be able to rely on the results of a police or government investigation. Investigations into plane crashes can take months or even years to complete. Our lawyers have the resources to find out why your accident happened and who was responsible.
We’ll work to prove negligence by gathering all relevant evidence, including:
- Information about the pilot’s qualifications
- The airline’s history of safety violations and accidents
- The plane’s inspection and maintenance records
- State or federal investigative reports
- Opinions from accident reconstruction experts
It’s important to start investigating the accident quickly. We’re ready to go to work immediately. Just call our aviation law firm in Clearwater to schedule a free consultation today.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After an Aviation/Airplane Accident in Florida?
Most of the time, accident victims in Florida have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit (as of March 24, 2023).
Aviation accident cases are different. The statute of limitations may be much shorter if a government agency or municipality is the defendant. That’s why it’s a good idea to consult a lawyer sooner rather than later.
Contact a Clearwater Aviation/Airplane Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
An aviation accident can occur in the blink of an eye. Our team at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers is here to protect you if you were injured in a crash. To get the legal advice you deserve, just call for a free consultation with an experienced Clearwater aviation/airplane accident lawyer today.
Our personal injury law firm in Clearwater also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Birth Injury Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Car Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Drowning Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- E-Scooter Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Hurricane Insurance Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Maritime Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Sexual Assault Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Slip And Fall Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Uninsured Motorist Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Clearwater, FL