Why Should I Hire a Tampa Personal Injury Attorney?
Personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis and offer free consultations. Therefore, you should always consult a personal injury attorney for help with your case.
Having legal representation can elevate your case is many different ways, including by:
- Investigating your accident to gather evidence and identify liable parties
- Calculate the value of your damages
- Work with experts to establish the cause of your accident and prove every loss you’ve incurred
- Handle all negotiations with the insurance company so they don’t try to lowball you
- Take your case to court to maximize the value of your claim (if necessary).
Most of all, hiring legal counsel can help you protect your rights, so you won’t lose out on compensation due to mistakes you make during the claims process. Reach out to us today to schedule a complimentary consultation to discuss how we can help.
How Do I Know If I Have A Personal Injury Case?
Not all injuries and accidents result in a personal injury case. Likewise, not all will justify the time and expense to pursue an injury claim.
You can gauge whether you have an injury case by asking the following questions:
- Were you seriously injured?
- Was someone else responsible?
- Do you have financial expenses after the accident, such as medical expenses or lost wages?
- Do you have non-economic losses like pain and suffering or emotional distress?
If you answered yes to these questions, you likely have a personal injury claim. The best way to make sure you have a case is to consult an experienced attorney. Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers would be proud to examine your case and explain your rights and options. Get in touch with us today to schedule a consultation with no fee.
How Much Does A Personal Injury Attorney Cost In Florida?
Most Florida personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. That means they charge nothing up front. They will only charge you for the representation if they recover compensation for you through a settlement or verdict. If they fail to recover compensation for you, you won’t pay them any money.
Most personal injury attorneys in Tampa also offer no-charge consultations to prospective clients. Therefore, the financial risks in hiring legal help for your case are minimal.
How Much Money Can I Get For My Tampa Personal Injury Case?
It depends. The value of your personal injury case depends on many different factors. Those factors are unique to you, and no other previous case provides a perfect example of what you can get.
The money you can get for your injury claim will depend on the following:
- The extent of your medical bills
- The amount of the wages you’ve had to miss
- Whether you’ve endured pain and suffering
- Available insurance coverages
- Whether you shared fault for the accident
- The strength of your evidence
The quickest way to get an idea of the value of your claim is to consult a Tampa personal injury law firm. Your lawyer can record and calculate all your damages, bringing in experts when necessary. We would be happy to help you figure out your case’s worth.
What Are The Elements Of Negligence In A Personal Injury Claim?
Most personal injury claims revolve around negligence. Negligence means that a person failed to act reasonably and injured another person.
In order to have a successful negligence claim, you must prove four elements:
- Duty – You must show that the defendant owed you a duty of care. Duties typically arise from the law or from a special relationship between the parties.
- Breach of Duty – You must prove that the defendant breached their duty. You will do this by showing they failed to act like a reasonable person in the circumstances leading up to your accident or injury.
- Causation – You will have to establish that the defendant’s breach caused your accident. You must prove that your injuries wouldn’t have happened had it not been for the defendant’s conduct. You will also have to show your injuries were foreseeable.
- Damages – You must show you suffered damages related to your injury.
You must prove each element to win your case. If you fail to prove just one, you won’t be able to obtain any compensation. This highlights the importance of having an skilled attorney on your side.
Contact our legal team today for help proving negligence and getting justice in your case.
What Is Florida’s Statute of Limitations?
The statute of limitations sets a deadline to file a Florida personal injury lawsuit against another party. For most negligence-based cases, you have two years from the injury date to take legal action. A court will likely dismiss your case if you fail to file your lawsuit within the applicable time frame.
There may be exceptions to the general two-year deadline, meaning you could have less (or more) time to act. Therefore, it’s crucial to speak with a qualified personal injury attorney to protect your right to compensation.
What Neighborhoods In Tampa Does Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Serve?
We serve all neighborhoods in and around Tampa, including:
- Bay Crest Park (33615)
- Brandon (33508, 33509, 33510, 33511)
- Rocky Creek (33615)
- Rocky Point (33607, 33615)
- South Nebraska (33602, 33605)
- Town ‘N’ Country (33607, 33615, 33634)
- University Square (33612)
- Ybor City (33675)
- Downtown (33602)
- University Of Tampa (33606)
- South Tampa (33606)
- Hyde Park (33606)
- Tampa Palms (33559, 33592, 33613, 33617, 33637, and 33647)
- MacDill Air Force Base (33621)
- Davis Islands (33606)
- Seminole Heights (33604)
- Bayshore Beautiful (33611 and 33629)
- Palma Ceia (33629)
- Tampa Heights (33602)
- Lowry Park Central (33604)
- West Tampa (33607)
- North Tampa (33612)
- K-Bar Ranch (33647)
50+ Years Of Experience Fighting For Injury Victims in Tampa Bay
for a free consultation
Why Should I Hire Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers To Handle My Tampa Injury Case?
Have you been injured in a car accident in Tampa, FL? Were you hurt due to someone else’s negligence? You may have the right to pursue compensation to cover the costs of your medical care, make up for lost wages, and ease your pain and suffering. The experienced Tampa personal injury attorneys with Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers are here to help you fight to maximize your monetary settlement or award while you focus on your recovery.
Since 1996, our personal injury law firm has been an ally to accident victims just like you, having recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements and awards for those injured in car accidents, Tampa motorcycle accidents, Tampa truck accidents, slip and fall cases, wrongful death claims, and more.
When you hire Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, you’ll have five decades of combined experience and the expertise of a Board Certified specialist in your corner. We’ll put the full force of our firm, resources, and skills behind you as we fight to get the results and justice you deserve, too.
You probably have a lot of questions. Fortunately, we extend a free consultation to all prospective clients. Reach out to our law offices in Tampa, Florida today to arrange a time to discuss your legal options by calling (813) 686-7588. We’re always standing by to help – 24, 7, 365.