Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Personal injury attorneys work on contingency and offer free consultations. Therefore, you should always consult a personal injury lawyer for help with your case.
A personal injury lawyer can elevate your case is many different ways, including by:
- Investigating your accident to gather evidence and identify liable parties
- Calculate the value of your damages
- Work with experts to establish the cause of your accident and prove your losses
- Handle all negotiations with the insurance company so they don’t try to lowball you
- Take your case to court to maximize the value of your claim (if necessary).
Most of all, an injury lawyer can help you protect your rights, so you don’t lose out on compensation due to mistakes you make during the claims process. Contact Roman Austin Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation to discuss how we can help.
How Do I Know If I Have A Personal Injury Case?
Not all injuries and accidents result in a personal injury case. Likewise, not all will justify the time and expense to pursue an injury claim
You can gage whether you have an injury case by asking the following questions:
- Were you seriously injured?
- Was someone else responsible?
- Do you have financial expenses after the accident, such as medical expenses or lost wages?
- Do you have non-economic losses like pain and suffering or emotional distress?
If you answered yes to these questions, you likely have a personal injury claim. The best way to make sure you have a case is to consult an experienced attorney. Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers would be proud to examine your case and explain your rights and options. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
How Much Does A Personal Injury Lawyer Cost In Florida?
Most Florida personal injury lawyers work on contingency. That means they charge nothing up front. They will only charge you for the representation if they recover compensation for you through a settlement or verdict. If your lawyer fails to recover compensation for you, you don’t owe them any money.
Most personal injury lawyers in Tampa also offer free consultations to prospective clients. Therefore, the financial risks in hiring an injury lawyer are minimal.
How Much Money Can I Get For My Personal Injury Case?
It depends. The value of your personal injury case depends on many different factors. Those factors are unique to you, and no other previous case provides a perfect example of what you can get.
The money you can get for your injury claim will depend on the following:
- The extent of your medical bills
- The amount of your lost wages
- Whether you’ve endured pain and suffering
- Available insurance coverages
- Whether you shared fault for the accident
- The strength of your evidence
The quickest way to get an idea of the value of your claim is to consult a Tampa personal injury lawyer. Your lawyer can record and calculate all your damages, bringing in financial experts when necessary. Roman Austin would be happy to help you figure out your case’s worth.
What Are The Elements Of Negligence In A Personal Injury Claim?
Most personal injury claims revolve around negligence. Negligence means that a person failed to act reasonably and injured another person.
In order to have a successful negligence claim, you must prove four elements:
- Duty – You must show that the defendant owed you a duty of care. Duties typically arise from the law or from a special relationship between the parties.
- Breach of Duty – You must prove that the defendant breached their duty. You will do this by showing they failed to act like a reasonable person in the circumstances leading up to your accident or injury.
- Causation – You will have to establish that the defendant’s breach caused your accident. You must prove that your injuries wouldn’t have happened had it not been for the defendant’s conduct. You will also have to show your injuries were foreseeable.
- Damages – You must show you suffered damages related to your injury.
You must prove each element to win your case. If you fail to prove just one, you won’t be able to obtain any compensation. This highlights the importance of having an experienced attorney on your side.
Contact Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers for help proving negligence in your case.
50+ Years Of Experience Fighting For Injury Victims in Tampa Bay
for a free consultation
Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer
Since 1996, our personal injury law firm has been an ally to accident victims just like you, recovering hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts on their behalf. When you hire Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, you’ll have 50+ years of combined experience and the expertise of a Board Certified civil trial specialists in your corner. We’ll put the full force of our firm, resources, and experience behind you as we fight to get the results you deserve, too.
You probably have a lot of questions. That’s why we extend a free consultation to all prospective clients. Contact our law offices in Tampa, Florida today to arrange a time to discuss your legal options. We’re always standing by to take your call – 24, 7, 365.