An experienced Tampa Lyft accident lawyer at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Accidents involving Lyft can be complex.
Our lawyers have over 65 years of combined experience fighting for accident victims’ right to compensation–and you can trust we’ll do everything possible to recover the maximum amount for you. We handle negligent security claims, Tampa spinal cord injuries, maritime accidents, Tampa bus accidents, assault injuries, and more.
How Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Lyft Accident in Tampa
Choosing your personal injury attorney in Tampa can be the most important thing you do if you were injured in an accident. Some lawyers will simply hurry your case along to reach a fast c. That’s not fair to you–and it usually won’t help you get the full compensation you need.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we take a different approach. We’ll explore every alternative to recovering compensation for your losses.
That means our Tampa personal injury attorneys will:
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation to gather all relevant evidence
- Identify every responsible party and all forms of insurance coverage
- Protect you when the insurance company tries to minimize their own liability by blaming the victim
- Carefully evaluate your case with the help of experts to assess the fair value of your personal injury claim
Our Tampa personal injury lawyers are board certified trial lawyers in the state of Florida. We prepare every case as though we’ll eventually be standing before a judge and jury. While most cases settle, we aren’t afraid to pursue your case in court if the insurance company refuses to pay what’s fair.
Are you interested in learning more? Call our law firm to schedule a free case evaluation today.
What is My Tampa Lyft Accident Case Worth?
One of the most common questions clients ask is how much their personal injury case is worth. The answer depends on a number of factors. In most cases, the value of your claim also depends on the amount of insurance coverage available.
The highest value Lyft accident claims involve situations where one party is 100% responsible for a crash that caused very serious injuries.
Other relevant factors include:
- The value of your out-of-pocket costs, including medical bills and lost wages
- Whether you’ll suffer a permanent disability
- The type of medical care and rehabilitation required
- How long your physical and emotional suffering is expected to last
- Whether punitive damages are available
The skill and experience of your attorney is also an important factor. At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we take the time to determine the fair value of your case. We might bring in experts in medicine, economics, vocational rehab, and other relevant specialties. In other words, we invest in your case so that you can get the most compensation available.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Lyft Accident Victims?
Lyft accident injury victims have the right to hold the responsible parties accountable for economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages in a Florida injury case might include:
- Medical expenses, including hospitalization, surgeries, medications, and more
- Lost wages and income
- Lost future earning potential
- Property damage
Non-economic damages cover harder to value losses, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Disfigurement and scarring
We can also help you file a wrongful death lawsuit if you lost a close family member in the crash.
When large commercial insurance policies are on the line, the insurance company is much more likely to fight to diminish your claim’s value. Our attorneys at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers won’t let the insurance company push you around. We’ll get the evidence to support your insurance demand and fight to recover the maximum available compensation for you.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Lyft Accident in Florida?
Car accident cases can get messy. It’s not always entirely clear who is responsible for causing the car accident. Lyft accident cases are even more complex because a large corporate ride sharing company is involved.
You may be able to recover damages if you’re being blamed for a Lyft accident. Florida’s modified comparative fault laws allow accident victims to take legal action if they’re 50% or less responsible for a crash.
However, your damages award can be reduced if you’re found partly to blame. And if your level of fault exceeds 50%, you’re prevented from recovering compensation.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Lyft Accident Injuries
Lyft accidents can cause injuries that are as serious as any car accident.
Victims of Lyft accidents often sustain:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Chest injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Facial injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Burn injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Broken bones
- Traumatic amputations
Some rideshare accidents are so serious that they cause catastrophic injuries or lead to wrongful death. Our lawyers are here to help you get the fair compensation your family deserves. Call us today to set up a free case review with a Tampa Lyft accident attorney.
What Causes Most Lyft Accidents in Tampa, Florida?
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft can offer a convenient way to get around Tampa. However, remember that Lyft drivers don’t receive any specialized training. Ridesharing companies can’t guarantee that they will avoid an accident.
In fact, rideshare drivers are particularly prone to distraction. They often cause accidents because they’re looking at their phone for a passenger or a destination–rather than paying attention to conditions on the road.
Some of the most common causes of Lyft accidents in Tampa include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Speeding so that the Lyft driver maximize the number of rides per day
- Stopping in unsafe locations
- Aggressive driving
- Unsafe passing
- Illegal lane changes
- Illegal or unsafe turns
- Running a red or yellow light
- Drunk driving
- Failure to maintain the Lyft vehicle
- Dangerous road conditions
Regardless of what caused your Lyft accident, an experienced lawyer can help you get to the bottom of things. Call Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers today if you have any questions about how we can use our experience to your advantage.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Lyft Accident in Florida?
There are a few things you have to prove to recover compensation after a Lyft accident. Like any other injury case, you have to prove that someone else’s negligence caused your injuries.
Proving negligence requires establishing:
If the Lyft driver, another at-fault driver, or even a pedestrian or bicyclist caused your injuries, you’re entitled to hold those responsible parties accountable.
In Lyft accident cases, you also have to prove the driver’s status at the time of the crash. That’s because the driver’s status determines whether Lyft’s commercial insurance coverage will apply. There are multiple tiers of coverage that might be available in a Lyft case.
Lyft Driver Has Accepted a Ride or is Carrying a Passenger
If the Lyft app is on and the driver has either accepted a ride or is carrying a passenger, the Lyft coverage provides:
- $1 million in third-party auto liability coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- Contingent collision coverage
Remember, the Lyft policy might apply even if you were injured while driving your own private vehicle.
Lyft App is On; Driver is Available for Rides
If the Lyft or Uber driver is available to accept a ride, the following coverage limits apply:
- $50,000 in bodily injury coverage per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury coverage per accident
- $25,000 in property damage coverage per accident
Note that the Lyft coverage is secondary to your own personal car insurance coverage. If you were seriously hurt and your policy limits don’t cover all of your damage, you may be entitled to access Lyft’s more generous policy.
Lyft App is Turned Off
Lyft drivers are independent contractors who use their own personal vehicles when picking up passengers. That means they’re required to carry auto insurance under Florida’s no-fault insurance law like any other driver.
If the Lyft app is off, the driver’s personal injury protection (PIP) insurance will apply. In other words, the case will be handled like any other motor vehicle accident.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Lyft Accident in Florida?
The Florida statute of limitations gives most Uber and Lyft accident victims two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. However, state law historically provided four years to take legal action. It was revised on March 24, 2023, resulting in a shorter timeframe to file civil lawsuits. If your Tampa Lyft accident happened after 3/24/23, you must follow the two-year deadline.
Understanding the statute of limitations in your personal injury case is critical. This deadline is a hard and fast rule. Once the limitations period expires, you can’t sue the at-fault party for damages.
Contact a Trusted Tampa Lyft Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Are you struggling to make ends meet after a Lyft accident? If you were injured, call an experienced Tampa Lyft accident lawyer at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers today. Our skilled legal team will help you understand your legal rights and options for recovering compensation. Remember, we offer a free initial consultation, so there’s no risk in getting the help you deserve.
Other Practice Areas In Tampa, FL
Our personal injury law firm in Tampa also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Aviation/Airplane Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Birth Injury Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Tampa car accident lawyers
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- E-Scooter Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Maritime Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Negligent Security Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Train Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Tampa, FL