With advances in technology and engineering, traveling by air is generally considered to be safe. But when a plane or helicopter does crash, the possibility of devastating injury or death is high. No one understands this better than our Tampa aviation/airplane accident attorneys at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers.
If you were injured or a loved one was killed in an aviation crash, getting the compensation to which you’re entitled can be very complicated. Issues of liability often arise, so understanding how the accident happened is of paramount importance. You need a Tampa personal injury attorney who can sift through all the evidence and get to the bottom of it.
Contact our Tampa, FL, law offices today at (813) 686-7588 to request your free consultation. We’ll talk to you about the accident and your injuries and get right to work on investigating who was responsible for them.
Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Been Hurt in a Tampa Aviation Accident
No accident is scarier than an airplane or helicopter accident. Given the high speed and altitudes at which they travel, walking away from an aviation accident without injury may seem like a miracle.
Tampa, Florida, aviation/airplane accident claims can get complicated because they require a deep understanding of how aircraft work and the innumerable factors that can cause them to crash.
Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers has been a powerful voice for accident victims since 1996. With well over $100 million in verdicts and settlements for our clients, we are one of Tampa’s premier personal injury law firms.
When we take on your Tampa aviation/airplane accident case, we dive right in by:
- Performing our own independent examination of the accident
- Evaluating all critical evidence that helps us understand how the accident happened
- Collaborating with aviation expert witnesses to strengthen your case
- Accurately calculating all of your damages
We’ll work hard to negotiate a full and fair settlement of your claim. However, we’re not afraid to take a case to trial. If the insurance company refuses to negotiate in good faith, our Tampa personal injury attorneys will get your case in front of a jury.
When your physical and financial health are on the line, let us take on the fight for the compensation you need and deserve.
What Causes Aviation Accidents?
For many people, flying induces anxiety and stress. But statistically, flying is safer than ever. According to an MIT study, the rate of passenger fatalities worldwide stands at just 1 death per 7.9 million passenger boardings. Conversely, your odds of dying in a car accident are much higher at around 1 in 100.
When flying, aviation pilots must use 100% of their focus the entire time – from takeoff to landing, there isn’t much room for mistakes. In nearly 70% of all aviation accidents, pilot error is the main contributing factor.
The most common mistakes that pilots make leading to aviation crashes include failing to:
- Conduct adequate pre-flight inspections
- Manage fuel consumption properly
- Accurately judge distance and speed
- Level off correctly
- Reach proper flying speed
Of course, aviation accidents can be caused by external factors that the pilot has no control over. For example, wind shear can be particularly dangerous for aircraft. Windshear is a sudden change in wind velocity in either a horizontal or vertical direction. Windshear can knock the plane off its path and cause the pilot to lose control of the aircraft.
Determining what caused the aviation accident is an important step toward you getting fair compensation. Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers has an in-depth knowledge of negligence law and a technical understanding of aviation accidents. Call us to find out more about how we can put our experience to work for you.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After My Tampa Aviation/Airplane Accident?
Sometimes, even when faced with the undeniable facts, insurance companies simply do not budge from an unfair, lowball settlement offer. When that happens, you may have no choice but to file a lawsuit.
Due to a recent change in Florida’s statute of limitations, the time you have to file a lawsuit varies. If your aviation/airplane accident took place on or before 3/23/2023, you have 4 years to file the complaint. However, if the accident occurred on or after 3/24/2023, the law reduced your time to sue down to 2 years.
It’s important that you consult with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as you can after suffering injuries in a Tampa aviation/airplane accident. If you miss the deadline to file a lawsuit, your claims will be forever barred, no matter how strong they are.
Call Tampa’s Aviation/Airplane Accident Attorneys To Get a Free Assessment of Your Claim
Getting fair compensation for injuries you sustained in a Tampa aviation/airplane accident requires a personal injury lawyer who has the ability to analyze aircraft accidents. You shouldn’t put your future in the hands of just any personal injury attorney.
Our singular mission is to make you whole again by identifying who was responsible for the accident and making them pay for your injuries. Our qualified Tampa aviation/airplane accident lawyers won’t rest until we get the job done.
Find out what your legal rights and options for compensation are by calling Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers. We’ll provide you with a free consultation and give you honest, straightforward answers to your questions.
Our personal injury law firm in Tampa also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Birth Injury Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Car Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- E-Scooter Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Maritime Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Negligent Security Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Train Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Tampa, FL