Have you been injured in a train accident in Tampa, Florida? Contact Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers for immediate legal assistance. You may have the right to compensation for your medical bills, loss of income, and distress. Our Tampa train accident lawyers can help you maximize your financial recovery.
With Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, you’ll benefit from the expertise of a Board Certified civil trial specialist and a team with more than 50 years of legal experience. Our attorneys are top-rated and award-winning for a reason: we get top results for injury victims and families in Tampa.
We’ve won more than $100 million in compensation for our clients involved in Tampa cruise ship accidents, Tampa bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents, spinal cord injuries, child injuries, and more. Let us fight to get the best results in your train accident injury case, too.
How Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Train Accident in Tampa, Florida
What caused your train accident? Who’s at fault? Who’s financially accountable? These are all important questions to ask if you’ve been injured and are considering a legal claim for damages. However, getting the answers can be difficult, especially when negligent parties and their insurance companies don’t want to accept responsibility.
Hiring our experienced Tampa train accident attorneys can make a world of difference.
And it can put you in the best possible position to win your case and get all of the money you deserve.
As Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers handles your train injury case, we will:
- Coordinate with local, state, and federal agencies as we conduct an independent investigation into your train accident
- Bring in train accident and injury experts, such as railroad accident reconstruction specialists, railroad safety professionals, and more
- Determine what caused the train accident and identify all at-fault parties
- Seek damages from all liable parties, from negligent train operators to train companies and negligent third parties
- Defend against claims that you share responsibility for your injuries
- Negotiate to get you the best possible settlement deal
- Have an accomplished trial attorney bring your case to a jury if you’re not offered a fair settlement
How Common Are Train Accidents in Florida?
In terms of total collisions, Florida ranks sixth in the nation regarding train accidents. In 2021, there were 95 train accidents, resulting in 24 deaths and 45 injuries.
Florida was actually the second-deadliest state that year. Only California reported more train accident fatalities, with 34.
Most of Florida’s train accidents involve the Brightline, which runs from Miami to Orlando (effective mid-2022). Future expansion plans will put a Brightline station in Tampa, which could significantly increase train-related accidents in Hillsborough County and surrounding areas.
Representing All Train Injury Victims in the Tampa Bay Area
It’s estimated that Union Station in Tampa services more than 100,000 Amtrak riders every year. Amtrak isn’t the only way to get to or explore Tampa by rail, though.
Other passenger rail lines in Tampa include:
- The In-Town Trolley
- South Florida Regional Transit Authority
- Central Florida Rail Corridor
- South Central Florida Express
- Seminole Gulf Railroad
- CSX Transportation
- TECO Line Streetcar
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, our train accident attorneys in Tampa can help, no matter which railroad company was involved or what type of train accident you were in. Call our law office serving Tampa to learn more.
What Causes Most Tampa Train Accidents?
Train accidents, in theory, shouldn’t happen. There are state and federal regulations governing train operation, maintenance, and service. Operators and engineers are highly trained. And since trains are common carriers, there’s added pressure on rail companies to ensure that passengers make it from one destination to the other safely.
Unfortunately, as we’ve seen, there are dozens of rail accidents in Tampa and across the state of Florida every year.
When train accidents happen, it’s typically a result of negligence.
Some of the most common causes and contributing factors in train accidents include:
- Operator impairment (drugs and alcohol)
- Operator fatigue
- Mechanical failure
- Inadequate maintenance
- Negligent hiring or supervision
- Defective train tracks or train equipment
- Signal errors
- Problems with crossing gates
These mistakes can be costly, resulting in train derailments, collisions with other trains or vehicles, crashes involving pedestrians, and other types of train accidents.
What is My Personal Injury Case Worth After a Tampa Train Accident?
The value of your case depends on the following:
- The extent and severity of your injuries, and
- The long-term impact and consequences you’ll face.
The more an accident and resulting injuries change your life, the more a related personal injury case tends to be worth.
Every case is different. It’s important to consider the specific facts and circumstances of your rail accident when assessing the value.
That’s where the Tampa train accident attorneys at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can help. We have the experience, resources, and relationships with industry professionals that you’ll need to fully appreciate what your case is worth (and ultimately get the money you deserve).
What Damages Are Available to Train Injury Victims in Tampa?
Following a train accident in Tampa, you may have the right to recover compensatory damages for your injuries and suffering.
Compensatory damages fall into one of two categories: economic and non-economic.
Our personal injury attorneys in Tampa will work tirelessly to get you full compensation for your:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Chronic pain
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
- Nursing care
If there’s evidence that the defendant acted intentionally or with gross negligence, then punitive damages might also be awarded. Punitive damage awards are typically reserved for the most serious cases, like those involving an operator’s abuse of drugs or alcohol.
We’ll Fight to Recover Damages For All of Your Train Accident Injuries
Given the weight, size, and length of trains, accidents involving these types of vehicles can be catastrophic.
Whether you’re a train passenger, in another vehicle, or a pedestrian, our lawyers will aggressively fight to get you money for all of your injuries, such as:
- Crushing injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Nerve damage
- Lacerations and cuts
- Trauma to the face and eyes
- Joint injuries
- Broken bones
- Wrongful death
Seek medical care as soon as you can after you’ve been involved in a train accident in Tampa, Florida. Don’t assume you aren’t injured or that your injuries are minor. Prompt care will help ensure that you get the medical treatment you need right away, limiting the chances of life-threatening complications.
Getting to the hospital will also establish proof of the causal link between your train accident and injuries. Our attorneys will rely on this as a critical piece of evidence as we build your train injury case for damages.
How Long Do I Have to File a Train Accident Lawsuit in Florida?
The statute of limitations for most personal injury lawsuits in Florida is typically two years. It used to be four years, but the state revised its statutory deadline on March 24, 2023. Thus, if your Tampa train accident occurred after that time, you have two years to file a legal claim for compensation.
You’ll have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit after a fatal train accident.
There are some exceptions to the rule, like accidents involving trains or facilities operated by the city of Tampa or other government agencies.
However, that could mean having less time to file a claim for damages.
Do not miss the deadline that applies to your case. You will give up the right to take legal action if that happens. Protect your rights by calling Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers as soon as you’ve been hurt or discovered your injuries. We can begin to work on your case, identify important deadlines, and put a plan into action as soon as you ask for our help.
Who Can Be Liable For a Train Accident in Hillsborough County?
Under Florida law, anyone who contributes to a train accident can be liable, including:
- Negligent train operators
- Rail companies
- Government agencies, like the city of Tampa
- State and federal agencies responsible for rail design and maintenance
- Negligent motorists, bicyclists, or pedestrians
- Train manufacturers
- Negligent parties’ employers
Our attorneys will carefully examine your case to determine why it happened and, in turn, who’s at fault. Then we can aggressively pursue maximum compensation from all liable parties.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Tampa Train Accident Lawyer
Were you or a family member recently hurt in an accident involving a train in Tampa, FL? You need to know and understand your legal rights as a victim. Call Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers to discuss your case with our experienced Tampa train accident lawyers today.
We’ll listen to your story, assess your situation, and explain what options for recovery might be available. Best of all, your first consultation is free, and there’s no risk in hiring our law firm. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you only pay if we win your case.
Contact our law firm to get started with your free case evaluation to learn more. Our personal injury law firm in Tampa also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Aviation/Airplane Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Birth Injury Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Car Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- E-Scooter Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Maritime Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Negligent Security Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Tampa, FL