If you were injured in an Uber accident in Tampa, Florida, you may have a claim for damages. An experienced Tampa Uber accident lawyer at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can help you recover fair compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
Our experienced lawyers have over 50 years of experience representing victims of maritime accidents, assault injuries, catastrophic injuries, Tampa workers’ compensation, Tampa electric scooter accidents, and more.
How Can Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Help If I Was Involved in an Uber Accident in Tampa?
Any injury can leave you struggling–both physically and financially. The bills don’t stop coming in just because you’re hurt, and you should never underestimate the cost of medical care. If someone else caused your injuries, they should be responsible. But sometimes, that’s easier said than done.
Rideshare accident cases can be more complicated than typical car accident claims. A high-dollar Uber insurance policy might be available. That means you can expect Uber to fight back when you make your insurance claim. Going up against a major corporation and a deep-pocketed insurance company can be intimidating.
An experienced personal injury lawyer in Tampa can give you the advantage you need. When you hire Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, you’ll have a firm with 75 years of experience in your corner. And, you’ll benefit from the knowledge and successes of not one, but two, Board Certified civil trial specialists.
We’ll fight for you by:
- Launching a full-scale investigation to identify the cause of your Uber accident
- Locating every party who might have contributed to the cause of the crash
- Hiring experts, specialists, and others who can testify about the true value of your injury claim
- Fighting back when responsible parties try to pin the blame on someone else–including you, as an accident victim
Are you ready to learn more? Call us today to see how we can help get the money you need to move on from your injuries.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Uber Accidents in Tampa, FL?
Auto accidents involving ride-sharing companies like Uber and Lyft are more common than you might realize. Uber drivers are often unfamiliar with the roads and traffic patterns. They’re also more likely to be distracted while they’re looking for their passenger.
Some of the most common causes of Uber and Lyft accidents in Tampa are:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Fatigued driving
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Unsafe passing
- Illegal turns
- Aggressive driving
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Making sudden stops to let passengers out
- Vehicle defects
- Dangerous road conditions or inclement weather
Most Uber accidents happen because someone was careless. However, it’s not always easy to pinpoint the exact activity that caused the crash.
The Uber accident attorneys at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers have the resources to identify the cause of your accident. To get help, just give us a call for a free case review whenever you’re ready.
Who Could Be Liable if I’m Hurt in a Tampa Uber Accident?
In many ways, Uber accidents are like any other car accident. Under Florida law, all responsible parties can be held liable for their share of the damage. On the other hand, Uber crashes are much more likely to involve multiple parties and multiple insurance companies.
Some examples of potentially responsible parties in an Uber accident include:
- Uber drivers
- Uber’s commercial insurance company
- Careless third-party drivers
- The employer of a negligent driver
- Truck drivers
- Pedestrians or bicyclists
- Government transit authorities
- Product manufacturers
Accident victims often think they’re able to sue Uber itself for damages. That’s not the case because Uber drivers aren’t employees. However, Uber’s insurance may be available.
Were you hurt in an Uber accident? If you need help finding out who can be held accountable for damages, give our personal injury attorneys in Tampa a call.
How Do I Recover Compensation If I Was Hurt in an Uber Accident?
Uber is unique in several respects. First, Uber classifies its drivers as independent contractors, not employees. That means Uber itself can’t be held liable for a driver’s negligent driving. Second, Uber drivers use their own private vehicles–rather than a taxi or employer-provided vehicle.
In the past, these two factors made it difficult for Uber accident victims to recover any compensation at all. After all, most personal car insurance policies don’t cover for-profit driving.
Fortunately, Uber is now required to maintain commercial auto insurance to protect both riders and drivers in the event of an accident. However, coverage can vary depending upon the driver’s status at the time of the accident.
Uber insurance coverage applies as follows:
Driver is Offline or the Uber App is Off
In these situations, the Uber accident is treated like any other car accident. The driver’s insurance will apply because, after all, the driver was driving a personal vehicle for non-Uber reasons.
Driver is Available and Waiting for a Ride Request
Uber’s policy kicks in before the Uber driver has even accepted a ride.
That coverage provides:
- $50,000 in bodily injury coverage per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury coverage per accident
- $25,000 in property damage coverage per accident
If you were hurt in any type of accident while the Uber driver was logged into the app, this level of coverage becomes available.
Driver is Carrying an Uber Passenger or En Route to Pick Up a Passenger
Uber’s most generous insurance coverage kicks in as soon as the driver accepts a ride.
This level of coverage provides:
- $1 million worth of third-party liability coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- Contingent comprehensive and collision coverage up to the actual value of the car
It’s important to remember that Uber insurance coverage is considered “secondary coverage.” That means you’ll first make a claim with your own insurance company for benefits. You’ll also have to exhaust all other options, such as a personal injury lawsuit against an at-fault party, before filing a claim with Uber.
Uber accident cases can become complex quickly because of this. If you’re trying to evaluate your options or already facing pushback from the insurance company, give our law offices a call. We’ll help you sort out your options and fight for the fair compensation you deserve.
We’ll Work to Get Maximum Compensation for Your Uber Accident Injuries
Any motor vehicle accident can leave you with painful, debilitating injuries. Expenses can add up quickly, especially if you can’t work. At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we’re here to fight for the maximum compensation available for your injuries.
Call our law firm today if you’ve sustained any type of Uber accident injury, including:
- Brain injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Chest injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Burn injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Broken bones
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death in the most severe cases
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we always offer a free consultation. If you were hurt in an Uber accident, don’t hesitate to reach out to learn more about your legal options today. There’s never any obligation to hire us–but it’s always a smart idea to get the advice of an experienced personal injury attorney if you were hurt in an accident.
When Do I Have to File an Uber Accident Lawsuit in Tampa?
It’s important to be aware of certain deadlines that apply if you’ve been injured in an accident. The statute of limitations in Florida limits the amount of time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit.
If you were hurt, you usually have two years from the date the accident happened to sue for damages. Historically, you were given four years to file a personal injury lawsuit in Florida, but the state changed the deadline on March 24, 2023. Therefore, Tampa Uber accidents that occur after that date must be legally acted upon within two years.
You already have a lot going on if you were seriously hurt in a crash. Let our lawyers take action to make sure you’re able to get the money you need. We’re available to get started protecting your interests. All you have to do is call.
Uber Accident Victims in Tampa May Be Entitled to Substantial Compensation
Accident victims often find that the cost of an injury is much more than they can afford. Even if you can afford quality medical care, why should you have to pay when someone else caused the damage?
Personal injury victims in Florida are entitled to hold the at-fault parties accountable for all of their damages.
That means you might be entitled to compensation for economic and non-economic damages such as:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and income while you recover
- The cost of future medical care and physical therapy
- Reduced earning potential
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Damages for wrongful death
Uber might have generous insurance coverage–but don’t let the insurance company put a dollar value on your injury claim. With an experienced Uber accident attorney in your corner, you greatly increase your odds of maximizing your compensation award.
Don’t take our word for it. If you were hurt in an Uber accident, call our law offices to arrange a free case evaluation. We’ll take the time to explain how we can put our skills to work in your unique injury case.
Call a Tampa Uber Accident Lawyer at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers for Help Today
You may be entitled to significant compensation if you were hurt in an accident involving a rideshare company like Uber or Lyft. A Tampa Uber accident lawyer at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can help you understand what your injury case is worth. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to reach out and schedule a free consultation today.
Other Practice Areas In Tampa, FL
Our personal injury law firm in Tampa also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Aviation/Airplane Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Birth Injury Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Car Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- E-Scooter Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Maritime Accident Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Negligent Security Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Tampa, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Train Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Tampa, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Tampa, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in Tampa, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Tampa, FL