Most car accidents occur while driving on roads and streets. However, a significant number of car accidents occur in parking lots and parking garages. Parking lot accidents can even cause severe injuries and death. You could be entitled to compensation for your damages after a parking lot accident in Tampa, Florida.
The Tampa accident attorneys of Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers have more than six decades of experience handling car accident claims. Our dedicated legal team pursues every legal avenue to get our clients the money they deserve after a motor vehicle accident.
Our Tampa Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You Recover Money for Your Accident Claim
When you sustain injuries in a car accident, you might not immediately be concerned with a lawsuit or insurance claim. However, you might be entitled to substantial compensation if the other driver caused the accident. Under Florida laws, you have the right to sue another driver when you sustain severe injuries in an auto accident.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we take your personal injury case very seriously. We believe that accident victims should be reimbursed for their financial losses and pain and suffering. Therefore, we use our considerable resources, skills, and legal knowledge to get you the best possible settlement for your car accident claim.
When you hire our Tampa personal injury lawyers, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the crash to determine who was at fault
- Gather and preserve evidence to prove fault and liability
- File claims with the insurance company and monitor deadlines for filing lawsuits
- Document your damages to calculate the maximum value for your injury claim
- Negotiate on your behalf for a fair settlement amount
- Pursue the matter in court if the opposing party refuses to act in good faith to settle the claim
We want to hear what happened to you. Call our law office to schedule a free case evaluation with one of our personal injury attorneys in Tampa, Florida.
Common Causes of Parking Lot Accidents in Tampa, FL
According to one source, over 50,000 motor vehicle accidents occur in parking lots and parking garages each year. There are more than 500 people killed and 600,000 injured in these crashes annually.
Most crashes in parking structures are caused by negligence. Common causes of parking lot crashes include:
- A driver pulls out of a parking space without checking for other vehicles
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- A motorist backs out of a parking spot without checking blind spots
- A car hits a pedestrian because the driver was speeding through the parking lot
- Drivers race to get a parking space
- Two vehicles back into each other when pulling out of a parking space
- Drivers ignore a stop sign or directional signs
- Motorists driving the wrong way
Sadly, most parking lot accidents can be avoided if drivers pay attention and slow down when driving in a parking garage or lot.
Do I Need to Call the Police for a Parking Lot Accident?
You are required by Florida law to stop and remain at the accident scene to exchange insurance information and driver’s license information. If there is only minor damage to the cars, the police may not respond to the accident scene. However, it is a good idea to call the police because it is difficult to know the level of damage by looking at the cars.
The police should respond to the accident scene if someone is injured, even though the parking lot may be considered private property. You should take photographs of the accident scene while you wait for the police to arrive, including the position of the vehicles, damage to each vehicle, license plates, and any directional signs. Ask eyewitnesses for their names and contact information.
It is wise to seek medical attention as soon as possible after a collision. If you file a claim with your no-fault insurance carrier, you must seek medical treatment within 14 days of the accident to receive benefits. Delays in medical care could hurt a liability claim by casting doubt on whether the accident was the cause of your injuries.
Seeking Damages for a Parking Lot Accident in Tampa, FL
Even though the car accident occurred in a parking lot, you have the same rights to compensation for injuries as you would if the accident occurred on a roadway.
Therefore, you could be entitled to compensation for your:
- Past and ongoing medical expenses
- Cost of personal care or nursing care
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Disabilities and impairments
- Loss of enjoyment of life
The driver who caused the accident should be liable for your damages. However, other parties could share accident liability for a parking lot crash. For example, the owner of the parking lot may be liable if the parking lot’s condition was a factor in the cause of the car crash.
Our attorneys analyze the elements of the car accident to identify all parties who might be responsible for your injuries and damages. We want to ensure we pursue all liable parties to maximize your recovery.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Auto Accident Lawyers in Tampa
Accidents occur in parking lots because of negligence. Our Tampa car accident lawyers fight to hold the negligent party who caused your injuries accountable for their actions. Call now for a free consultation to learn more about how we can help you get the money you deserve after a car accident.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of car accident claims in Tampa, including:
- Drunk driving accidents
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Intersection crashes
- Lane change accidents
- Left turn accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Recreational vehicle accidents
- Red and yellow light crashes
- Road defects
- Rollover accidents
- Self-driving accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
- U-turn crashes
- Uninsured motorists claims
Additional Car Accident Resources
- Can I Be Compensated for Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in Tampa?
- Can I Be Reimbursed For Lost Wages After a Car Accident?
- Car Accident FAQs
- Car Color & Crash Risk in the Tampa Bay Area
- Common Car Accident Scenarios in Tampa- Causes & Determining Fault
- Defective Tire Car Accidents in Tampa, FL
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit-and-Run Accident in Tampa?
- Florida Car Accident Claims Process
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take To Settle in Tampa, FL?
- Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Tampa
- Passenger Negligence
- Questions To Ask a Lawyer After a Car Accident
- Tampa Car Accident Statistics
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- What To Do After a Car Accident?
- Who Is at Fault for My Tampa Car Accident?
- Who Will Pay My Medical Bills After a Car Accident?
Other Practice Areas In Tampa, FL
Here are some of the additional case types that our personal injury law firm in Tampa, FL can help with: