Tampa Intersection Crashes Lawyer
Intersection accidents are some of the deadliest in Tampa, Florida. With multiple lanes of traffic going through the intersection, there is a great risk of head-on collisions and side-impact crashes. Both of these types of crashes have a high risk for severe injuries.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, our Tampa intersection crashes lawyers work with you to recover the maximum compensation for your injuries and damages. Since 1996, our law firm has recovered more than $100 million for clients, including several multi-million dollar awards.
Table of Contents
How Our Tampa Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Been Injured In an Intersection Crash
After decades of legal experience, our Tampa personal injury attorneys have acquired substantial knowledge, experience, skill, and resources. Our team of accident lawyers in Tampa, FL, understands how to investigate and pursue traffic accident claims. We also understand how to win cases for our clients.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Provide you with an honest assessment of your case and your legal options
- Conduct a comprehensive accident investigation to determine who is liable for your injuries and damages
- File all insurance claims and lawsuits and fight for maximum compensation for your claim
- Aggressively and vigorously negotiate for full compensation of all damages caused by the accident
- Keep you informed of the progress of your case
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we believe that the best interests of our clients are our top priority. Our Tampa personal injury attorneys focus on getting you the money you deserve for an accident claim. We protect you from aggressive insurance adjusters so that you can focus on healing.
How Common Are Intersection Crashes in Tampa?
Each year, about 40 percent of the U.S. traffic accidents occur at intersections. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over two million crashes occur at intersections every year. In 2019, Florida reported 312,317 intersection accidents, including over 35,000 accidents with injuries and 884 traffic fatalities.
Overview of Intersection Crashes
There are numerous dangerous intersections in Tampa. The number of crashes each year determines how dangerous an intersection is for motorists, pedestrians, and bicyclists.
A review of traffic data indicates that some of the dangerous intersections in Hillsborough County include:
- Sheldon Road and Waters Avenue W
- Hillsborough Avenue and Sheldon Road
- Waters Avenue W and Anderson Road
- 301 Highway South and Gibsonton Drive
- Waters Avenue W and Hanley Road
- Himes Avenue N and Waters Avenue
- Fletcher Avenue E and Bruce B Downs Blvd.
In addition to the above, several other intersections in Pinellas County and Pasco County are known to be hazardous for drivers, including:
- Ulmerton and 34th Street in Pinellas County
- State Road 595 and U.S. 19 in Pasco County
- Orient Road at East Hillsborough Avenue in Hillsborough County
- State Road 54 and I-75 in Pasco County
- Sunray Drive and U.S. 19 in Pinellas County
Any intersection can be dangerous when drivers do not pay enough attention to the road.
What Are Common Causes of Intersection Crashes?
The most common cause of an intersection accident is negligence. A driver is negligent when they are careless or reckless and cause a collision. Many reckless driving behaviors contribute to the cause of intersection accidents.
Driving behaviors that cause crashes at an intersection include:
- Impaired driving (DUI of alcohol or drugs)
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Trying to “beat” a red light (running red lights)
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Driving in congested traffic
- Following too closely
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving and talking on a cell phone
However, some factors could be outside of the control of the driver. For example, malfunctioning traffic lights could contribute to the cause of an intersection accident. Also, intersections that are defectively designed or have confusing markings and signs could contribute to a traffic collision.
Regardless of the cause, the result can be the same. The victims of intersection accidents can sustain catastrophic injuries and permanent impairments because of a crash.
Common Types of Injuries Caused by Intersection Crashes
With the high risk of a head-on crash or side-impact collision, injuries caused by an intersection accident can be traumatic.
Injuries that victims might sustain include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Neck injuries, including whiplash
- Back and spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Traumatic brain injuries and skull fractures
- Soft tissue injuries
- Damage to internal organs
Some of the injuries caused by intersection accidents can result in permanent impairments. Victims should seek immediate medical treatment for their injuries. Delays in medical care can cause conditions to worsen and negatively impact a personal injury claim’s value.
Who is Liable for an Intersection Crash?
The person who causes an intersection crash is liable for the damages caused by that crash. However, there could be more than one person responsible. When accidents occur at an intersection, both drivers could be partially responsible for the cause of the crash, or there could be multiple vehicles involved in the accident.
Sorting out the parties liability for an intersection accident can be challenging. You must have evidence proving that the other driver negligently caused the crash to recover compensation for your injuries.
If you can prove the other driver was at fault and your injuries meet the threshold for filing a personal injury lawsuit, you could recover compensation for your:
- Lost wages, benefits, and other income
- Medical bills and expenses
- Personal care costs
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Permanent impairment and disabilities
The value of your claim depends on the facts of your case. Our Tampa car accident lawyers carefully and meticulously document your damages and analyze evidence to maximize the value of your injury claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tampa Car Crash Lawyers
You deserve fair and just compensation for damages when another driver causes a traffic accident. Florida’s statute of limitations requires you to file your intersection accident case within four years of the date of the accident before you are barred from recovering damages. The deadline is even shorter for a wrongful death claim.
Contact our law firm today for a free consultation with a Tampa accident lawyer. We want to help you get the justice you deserve after a tragic car crash.