If you were recently involved in a Tampa, FL, car accident and are seeking to recover compensation, one of the first steps involved in the process is to determine who is at fault.
Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can help you determine who is liable for your Tampa car accident and help you fight to recover compensation for your injuries. We offer a completely free consultation to review your case and offer initial legal advice. Contact us today at (813) 686-7588 to get started.
How Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You Determine Fault for Your Tampa Car Accident
If you hire Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, you’ll put a legal team with 50 years of combined experience in your corner. To date, our personal injury law firm has recovered over $120 million for our clients.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Tampa, Florida, our experienced lawyers can help you with your car accident claim and make an often difficult process much easier. We can:
- Evaluate all of the damages you’ve sustained
- Thoroughly investigate your crash to identify who is at fault and what your best course of action is
- Demand and negotiate for fair compensation on your behalf
- File a lawsuit and take your case to court if needed
These are just a few of the ways our Tampa car accident lawyers can help you after a collision. Learn more about our legal services by reaching out for a free case review today.
Potentially Liable Parties for Your Tampa Car Accident
Florida personal injury law allows accident victims to pursue claims against a wide variety of at-fault parties. Some of the most common are discussed below.
The following are examples of car accidents where the other driver may be at fault:
- Distracted driving: Texting while driving, reading emails, and not paying attention to the surroundings can lead to a collision and would likely result in the driver being liable for the accident.
- Driving under the influence: Driving after drinking alcohol or doing drugs increases the risk that you will fall asleep, get distracted, or struggle to navigate.
- Fatigued driving: It is dangerous to operate a vehicle while tired, and doing so increases the likelihood that a person will fall asleep while driving and cause an accident.
- Speeding: Driving above the speed limit or at an unsafe speed can lead to an accident.
If another driver is distracted while driving, driving while intoxicated, fatigued, or speeding, then that driver is likely at fault for the accident.
Dangerous Roads in Tampa
Tampa and the State of Florida are responsible for maintaining safe roads. However, potholes, large branches, and poor weather conditions can create unsafe roads. If the state and local government fail to maintain safe roads, you can bring a personal injury claim against them to recover your damages.
While it is your responsibility to maintain your vehicle, the manufacturer is responsible for any defects or faulty installations in your vehicle. If you are in an accident and your car has a manufacturing defect or faulty installation, you may be able to file a product liability claim.
What Damages Are Available After a Car Crash in Tampa?
Florida is a modified comparative negligence state. If you are found to be more than 50% at fault for the car accident, you will be barred from recovering damages. If you are 50% or less at fault for the collision, then your damages will be reduced in proportion to your level of fault.
The following are examples of damages that may be available if you are in an accident:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Loss of income
- Physical therapy bills
- Future medical costs
- Out-of-Pocket costs caused by the accident
If you are injured in a car accident, Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers will work to help you recover damages that make up for every consequence you’ve experienced.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Tampa?
The following are steps to take if you are involved in a Tampa car accident:
- Check yourself for any injuries and seek medical attention right away.
- Exchange insurance and contact information with the other driver.
- Gather any witness statements and get their contact information.
- Take pictures and videos of the accident scene, property damages, and injuries.
- Document details surrounding the accident, including what occurred, license plate numbers, and how you felt after the collision.
- Consult with an experienced personal injury attorney before contacting the insurance company or providing any recorded statements.
Following these steps and consulting with Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers will make it easier for you to establish who was at fault if you are in a car accident.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tampa Car Accident Lawyers
If you are injured in a Tampa car accident and are concerned about who is at fault, contact Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation. We can help you every step of the way. And since we work on a contingency fee basis, we only receive attorney’s fees if we get compensation for you.