Have you been hurt in a bus accident in New Port Richey, Florida? Contact Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers for legal assistance at (727) 815-8442. Our award-winning New Port Richey bus accident lawyers can help you work toward a meaningful financial recovery to cover the costs of your medical treatment, loss of income, and suffering.
When you choose Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, you’ll benefit from the expertise of a Board Certified personal injury trial attorney and a team with over 50 years of combined experience. We get top results for our clients, having won over $100 million for injury victims like you.
Don’t leave your bus accident case up to chance. Position yourself for the win you deserve. Contact our law offices in New Port Richey, Florida to set up a free consultation today. Our team is always standing by to help – 24/7/365.
How Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help If You’re Injured in a New Port Richey Bus Accident
Bus accident cases can be complicated. Is the bus driver to blame for the crash, someone else, or both? Who is ultimately responsible for covering your medical bills and lost wages? How much is your bus accident case worth? What happens if bus companies and insurers refuse to acknowledge your claim?
These are all important questions, but you shouldn’t have to try to answer them on your own. You’ve got enough to worry about as you fight to get back on your feet. Fortunately, our New Port Richey personal injury lawyers are ready to help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our top-rated New Port Richey law firm will handle every aspect of your bus accident case while you have the opportunity you need to rest and recover.
- Conduct an independent investigation into your bus accident
- Gather evidence that can be used to build and strengthen your claim for damages
- Determine liability and seek damages from all responsible parties
- Prepare, file, and serve all necessary claims and documents
- Consult bus accident experts and other professionals as we build your case
- Handle negotiations with bus services, government agencies, and insurance companies on your behalf
- Prepare to reject lowball offers and bring your matter before a jury in Pasco County, if necessary
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we work on a contingency fee basis. You never pay anything upfront, and our firm takes on all of the risks of litigation. We only get paid if we win your case.
Contact our law office in New Port Richey, FL to set up a time for a free case evaluation and learn more today.
We Handle All Types of Bus Accident Cases in New Port Richey, FL
No matter what type of bus was involved in your accident, you can count on Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers to help you seek damages.
We represent clients who have been injured in:
- Bus accidents
- Private charter bus accidents
- Pasco County bus accidents
- Tour bus accidents
- Party bus accidents
- Bus and pedestrian accidents
- Bus and bicycle accidents
- Bus and truck accidents
- Fatal bus accidents, and more
Don’t hesitate to reach out for help. Our team is standing by to take your call 24 hours a day.
What Are the Leading Causes of New Port Richey Bus Accidents?
Most bus accidents reported in New Port Richey shouldn’t happen.
Before drivers can get behind the wheel, they are required to demonstrate superior knowledge of Florida transportation laws and get a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Bus services are regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Florida state law. Everyone sharing the road in New Port Richey has a responsibility to drive with caution.
Often, bus accidents are a result of human error.
Some of the most common causes of bus crashes include:
- Driver distraction
- Passing improperly
- Drugs and alcohol
- Negligent vehicle maintenance
- Negligent hiring
- Driver fatigue
- Vehicle malfunction
- Unsafe and illegal turns
Bad weather conditions in New Port Richey, road construction, and bus or other vehicle defects can also contribute to collisions involving large buses in the city.
What’s My New Port Richey Bus Accident Case Worth?
The value of your bus accident case will depend largely on how you answer these questions:
- What types of injuries have you suffered?
- What is your timetable for recovery?
- Are you able to continue working after your bus accident?
- What was your earning capacity before your accident? What’s your earning capacity now?
- How old are you?
- Has your bus accident aggravated any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Do you share responsibility for your bus accident?
- How has the trauma of being involved in a crash with a large bus affected you psychologically?
The greater the impact your bus accident has on your life, and the more serious your injuries, the more your case will tend to be worth.
The best way to know how much money you might be able to get after your bus accident is by speaking with an experienced personal injury attorney near you in New Port Richey, Florida. At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, our team is always standing by to provide the guidance and assistance you need.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our New Port Richey law office to set up a time for a free case evaluation today.
Who’s Liable For My Bus Accident Injuries?
Under Florida law, liability for an accident is shared by everyone who contributes to it.
Our legal team will conduct an exhaustive investigation into your accident and may determine that one or more of the following parties are at fault:
- Negligent bus driver
- Private bus companies like greyhound or Peter Pan
- Pasco County Public Transportation
- Another negligent motorist on the road
- Bicyclists or pedestrians
- Bus passengers
- Property owners
If we discover that someone directly or indirectly contributed to your bus accident, we will aggressively pursue compensation from them on your behalf.
Can I Get Compensation If I’m Partly to Blame?
As long as your share of fault for the bus accident doesn’t exceed 50%, the answer is yes.
Florida is a modified comparative negligence state. Everyone who contributes to an accident is apportioned a percentage of the blame. This includes victims. The victim’s damages will be adjusted based on their role in causing the crash.
Let’s say you are assigned 25% fault for a bus accident in New Port Richey. Your damages are valued at $100,000. Your financial recovery will not exceed $75,000 when shared fault is factored into the equation. However, if you’re assigned 51% fault for the bus crash, you will not take home any compensation.
Bus companies, insurers, and even government agencies will be quick to point fingers and deny responsibility. The more fault that is shifted to you, the less money you’ll ultimately be able to recover when your case is resolved.
Our New Port Richey bus accident attorneys will anticipate these victim-blaming strategies and work to ensure that fault is apportioned correctly. We will fight tirelessly to make sure that you have every opportunity to get the best result in your bus accident case.
What Damages Are Available to Bus Accident Victims?
Following a bus crash in New Port Richey, victims can secure compensation for both economic damages and non-economic losses.
An award of economic damages makes up for the monetary costs of the bus crash.
- Medical bills, both present and future
- Rehabilitation therapy services
- Property damage
- Nursing assistance
- Loss of income
An award of non-economic damages, on the other hand, compensates for the trauma of an accident that isn’t easily valued in terms of dollars and cents.
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Mental anguish
Our top-rated litigators will work closely with experts as we build, prepare, and value your case. These experts can provide insight that will be critical to recovering maximum compensation on your behalf. The more we know about what caused your accident and how it affects your life, the better prepared we’ll be to get you the results you deserve.
What’s the Time Limit For Filing a Bus Accident Claim in Florida?
The deadline to file your bus accident claim will depend on who’s at fault.
If you are seeking damages from a government agency because a public Pasco County bus was involved in the crash, you will have three years to take action. However, there may be other notice requirements that must be fulfilled before this deadline.
Florida’s two-year statute of limitations will apply to most cases involving private entities, like negligent motorists or private bus charters. Note that the Florida statute of limitations for personal injury cases used to be four years. However, the law was changed on March 24, 2023. Therefore, if your New Port Richey bus accident occurred after that date, you’re subject to the two-year limit.
It’s important to act quickly after your bus accident. Once the deadline to file a claim expires, you lose the opportunity to assert your rights and get the compensation you deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Respected New Port Richey Bus Accident Lawyer Today
You don’t have to navigate the aftermath of your New Port Richey bus crash on your own. Contact Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers for immediate legal assistance. You’ll want to discover why our New Port Richey bus accident lawyers are the ones you want leading your fight for compensation.
Benefit from a team with over 50 years of combined experience that’s recovered $100 million (and counting) for clients like you.
Your first case evaluation is absolutely free, so reach out to our team in New Port Richey, Florida to set up a time for yours today.
Our personal injury law firm in New Port Richey also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Boating Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in New Port Richey, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in New Port Richey, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL