Were you injured in a motorcycle accident in New Port Richey, Florida? Contact Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers for immediate legal assistance at (727) 815-8442. You may be entitled to compensation, and our New Port Richey motorcycle accident lawyers are here to help you fight to maximize your recovery.
Our law firm offers a free initial consultation. Contact our New Port Richey office to schedule yours today. We’re always standing by to take your call, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Why You Need a New Port Richey Personal Injury Lawyer After a Motorcycle Crash
Getting compensation after a south Florida motorcycle accident is easier said than done.
You can make things easier on yourself by hiring an experienced New Port Richey personal injury attorney to represent your interests.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team has 50+ years of combined experience fighting on behalf of motorcycle accident victims just like you.
We’re led by two attorneys who are Board Certified in civil law by the Florida Bar Association. We’re experts in the legal issues that will be relevant to your case. Having us in your corner can make a massive difference in how your case unfolds and how much money you are awarded when all is said and done.
We’ve recovered more than $100 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients. When you call us, the full force and weight of our law firm will be behind you.
- Promptly investigate the circumstances of your motorcycle accident
- Gather evidence and analyze it closely with the aid of experts and specialists
- Determine the cause of your crash and identify those who share liability
- Build a persuasive legal claim for damages on your behalf
- Handle all conversations with other parties and insurance companies
- Help you fully understand your legal options and provide guidance as you make the tough decisions – like whether you should settle or have our award-winning trial lawyers argue your case before a jury
Give our law office in New Port Richey a call to arrange a time to discuss your case. Your first evaluation is free.
Are Motorcycle Accidents Common in New Port Richey, Florida?
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were a total of 8,895 motorcycle accidents across the state of Florida in 2019.
Data shows that 291 of these auto accidents took place in New Port Richey and Pasco County. At least 21 of these motorcycle crashes in Pasco County were fatal.
Based on these statistics, there’s one motorcycle accident in Pasco County roughly every 30 hours.
Why Are There So Many Motorcycle Crashes in New Port Richey?
When a car accident involves a motorcycle, there’s a good chance that the person behind the wheel of the passenger vehicle is to blame.
Many motorcycle accidents are avoidable, but occur because motorists on the road are:
- Racing through intersections
- Following motorcyclists too closely
- Failing to leave an adequate amount of space when passing
- Changing lanes without proper notice
However, there are times when other factors cause or contribute to accidents. In some cases, rider conduct causes accidents in which they are involved. These other causes include:
- Road defects
- Inclement weather
- Defective vehicles or safety components
Determining the cause of a motorcycle accident is critical. Our law firm will conduct an exhaustive investigation and analysis of evidence to uncover the reason why your crash happened. Once we know the “why” we can turn our attention to the “who.”
Who’s Liable For My New Port Richey Motorcycle Accident?
After a motorcycle wreck in Florida, anyone who contributed can be on the hook for the resulting costs. This might include:
- The motorcyclist, or other motorcyclists
- Drivers of passenger cars, trucks, buses, and other vehicles
- Bicyclists and pedestrians
- Employers of at-fault parties
- Product manufacturers
- Government entities
- Truck companies
- Mass transit companies
You can count on the experienced personal injury attorneys at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers to fight to secure compensation from all who caused you to get hurt.
What Happens If I’m Blamed for a Motorcycle Accident in New Port Richey?
Responsibility for an accident is shared by everyone who plays a role. This includes victims. Under the state’s modified comparative fault rule, sharing blame will not automatically bar a financial recovery – unless your share of fault exceeds 50%.
However, your financial settlement or award will be reduced in direct proportion to your degree of fault. If you’re apportioned 51% or more fault for the motorcycle accident, you’ll be unable to recover any compensation.
The smaller your share of the blame, the more money you can potentially get at the end of the day.
Insurance companies will do everything in their power to point fingers and say that you’re to blame for your motorcycle crash. If you let them, you’ll watch your financial award disappear before your eyes.
When you have Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers fighting for you, you can be confident that we will defend you against these tactics. Our motorcycle injury lawyers will use evidence to show that others – not you – are to blame. And, if you did have a little something to do with the crash, we’ll work diligently to limit how much fault is ultimately assigned to you.
Damages Commonly Awarded to Motorcycle Accident Victims in New Port Richey
Following a motorcycle crash in New Port Richey, you may have the right to pursue economic and non-economic damages from those responsible for your injuries. This translates to money for:
- Present medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Disfigurement, scarring, and loss of limb
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death, if a motorcycle accident is fatal
Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers works closely with accident experts and injury specialists as we build cases. Experts can provide insight and information that helps us fully appreciate the seriousness of your injuries and the toll the accident will likely take on you over the course of your life.
This can help us understand what your case is worth and leverage a full financial award on your behalf.
You Have a Limited Time to File a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit in New Port Richey
It’s a good idea to reach out to our law firm for assistance as soon as you can after a motorcycle accident. Why?
First, the sooner we can begin to investigate, the better the chances of preserving evidence that will be needed to support your claim for damages.
Second, Florida law limits the amount of time you’ll have to file a lawsuit. Most personal injury cases in Florida are subject to a two-year limitation. The law used to give you four years to file an injury lawsuit. However, it was updated on March 24, 2023, giving you less time to legally act. If your motorcycle accident happened after 3/24/23, you have two years to file your lawsuit.
If a government entity is involved, you’ll have a matter of months – not years – to act.
Motorcyclists Are Vulnerable to Catastrophic, Life-Threatening Injuries
Wearing a helmet can protect a motorcycle rider from traumatic brain injuries and limit the odds of dying in a crash. However, riding a motorcycle is still dangerous. Riders are extremely susceptible to a wide range of injuries, many of which can be debilitating or fatal. This includes:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Shoulder, back, and neck injury
- Concussion and head injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Chest injury
- Crushing injury
- Eye injury
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we proudly represent individuals who have suffered catastrophic injuries in motorcycle crashes in New Port Richey, FL.
Our compassionate team is also here to provide guidance to family members after a fatal wreck.
Don’t hesitate to pick up the phone or connect with us online to discuss your rights and legal options with our team today.
New Port Richey Motorcycle Accident Lawyers You Can Count On
Were you recently injured in a motorcycle accident in New Port Richey or elsewhere in Pasco County, FL? Did you get hurt because of someone else’s negligence? Call Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers to find out how our motorcycle accident lawyers in New Port Richey might be able to help you rebuild your life.
Compensation may be available to you. However, insurers and those responsible for causing the wreck won’t be eager to accept responsibility and pay you what you deserve. With our legal team representing you, the process of securing a full financial award can be a lot easier.
Contact us to arrange an initial consultation with our team today. Your consultation is free, and our motorcycle accident attorneys on contingency. You don’t pay until we win. So, there’s no risk in discussing your case or enlisting our legal services. There’s a limited time to act, so call now.
Other Practice Areas In New Port Richey, FL
Here are some of the additional case types that our personal injury law firm in New Port Richey, FL can help with:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Boating Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in New Port Richey, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in New Port Richey, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL