Have you suffered injuries because you were recently struck by a car in New Port Richey, Florida? Contact Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers for immediate legal assistance and advice. You may be entitled to compensation, and our New Port Richey pedestrian accident lawyers can help you fight to maximize your financial recovery.
Why You Need to Call Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers After a Pedestrian Accident in New Port Richey
When you walk down the street, you are essentially unprotected.
If you’re struck by a car while crossing the street or clipped by a cyclist who’s flying down the road, there’s a very good chance that you will suffer severe and debilitating injuries.
If you can prove that someone else caused you to get hurt, you can potentially make them pay for the harm they’ve caused.
However, getting compensation in your hands is often easier said than done. Those responsible for your pedestrian accident won’t rush to accept liability. Insurance companies – entities only interested in making a profit – will work night and day to find a way to devalue or deny your claim.
You have the power to take control of the situation and demand what’s rightfully yours – by hiring an experienced New Port Richey personal injury lawyer to represent your interests.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, our two founding attorneys are Board Certified in civil law by the Florida Bar Association. Collectively, the attorneys at our firm have 50+ years of experience. We’ve successfully won $100 million (and counting) in settlements and jury verdicts for our clients.
When you call us for help after a pedestrian accident, the full force and weight of our law firm will stand behind you.
Here’s what you can expect when you ask our law firm to handle your pedestrian accident case in New Port Richey:
- An attorney’s undivided attention and respect as you explain what happened and discuss your options
- An in-depth investigation into the circumstances that led to and surround your accident
- Careful analysis of relevant evidence, including accident reports, witness statements, photographs, medical records, and more as we work to establish causation, fault, and liability
- Consults with leading accident and injury specialists in the greater Tampa Bay area
- A full overview of the legal options available to you, as well as support and guidance as you make decisions that will ultimately affect the rest of your life
- Tough and strategic negotiations with other parties and their insurance providers
- Our Board Certified litigators arguing your case in front of a jury in New Port Richey, if necessary
We are here to help you rebuild your life. Our goal is to help you recover the maximum compensation to which you are entitled under the law. To get started, all you have to do is give our lawyers in New Port Richey a call.
New Port Richey is Home to Some of Florida’s Most Dangerous Intersections
Pedestrians are most likely to be involved in a motor vehicle accident when they leave the safety of a dedicated sidewalk. This is why many pedestrian accidents happen at intersections or other crossroads. Unfortunately, New Port Richey has some of the most dangerous intersections in the greater Tampa area, as well as the state of Florida.
- Main Street & US 19
- Madison Street & Main Street
- Massachusetts Avenue & Congress Street
- US 19 & Trouble Creek Road
- Cecilia Drive & Madison Street
While not intersections, US 19, SR 52, and SR 54 are incredibly dangerous stretches in New Port Richey. In fact, these roads rank as three of the most dangerous in Pasco County, especially for pedestrians.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents in New Port Richey?
According to statistics published by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were a total of 194 pedestrian accidents in Pasco County in 2019. Of those accidents, at least 23 were fatal. Back in 2012, there were 165 pedestrian accidents in New Port Richey and Pasco County.
In just a few short years’ time, pedestrian accidents increased by more than 17 percent.
Causes of Accidents Involving Pedestrians in New Port Richey, FL
Pedestrians are involved in a lot of traffic accidents in and around New Port Richey. Why? There are many factors that can contribute to these devastating events, including:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Drowsy driving
- Failing to look for pedestrians or bicyclists before proceeding through an intersection, especially while making left or right-hand turns
- Failing to yield the right of way to a pedestrian in a crosswalk
- Speeding and attempting to “beat” a red light
Drivers aren’t always responsible for car accidents involving pedestrians. Sometimes pedestrians trip because of a broken sidewalk and fall into the road. Other times, pedestrians themselves are distracted by their cell phones, diverting their attention away from their surroundings.
Pedestrians are also more likely to be struck by a vehicle when they’re out walking at night, which isn’t uncommon in a busy city like New Port Richey.
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Given that they have nothing to cushion their blow or absorb the force of a crash, pedestrians are perhaps most likely to sustain catastrophic and fatal injuries.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, our personal injury attorneys in New Port Richey represent clients who, as a result of a pedestrian accident, suffer:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck and back injury
- Crushing injury
- Chest injury
- Soft tissue damage
- Broken bones
Our compassionate and approachable wrongful death attorneys also represent family members who have tragically lost someone they care about in a fatal pedestrian accident.
Call our law office to arrange a time to discuss your case and the options that might be available to you at this time. Your first consultation is free.
What Compensation is Available to Injured Pedestrians in New Port Richey?
Generally speaking, pedestrian injury cases can be worth a lot of money. The more serious an accident victim’s injuries, the higher the value of a resulting personal injury claim for damages. When you hire Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, you can trust that our skilled attorneys will work tirelessly to recover the full value of all damages that are available to you under Florida state law.
This typically includes money for:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Disfigurement and/or loss of limb
- Disability (both temporary and permanent)
- Lost wages and income
- Loss of consortium
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death, including the cost of a funeral
In limited instances, punitive damages might also be available – but only if the defendant acted intentionally or with gross negligence. It’s important to keep in mind that the value of a pedestrian accident claim will also take into account the victim’s proportionate responsibility.
Under the state’s modified comparative negligence rules, anyone who contributes to an accident – including victims – shares responsibility. You can recover money from other parties as long as your apportioned blame is 50% or less. However, your damages will be reduced by your degree of fault.
Our attorneys will defend you against any claims that you share responsibility for getting hurt in a New Port Richey pedestrian accident. The smaller your share of the blame, the higher the value of your final settlement deal or jury award.
When Can I File a Lawsuit After a Pedestrian Accident in New Port Richey?
Insurance benefits tend to be the primary source of compensation for accident victims in Florida. Once insurance proceeds are exhausted, or if providers deny your claim or refuse to extend a fair offer, you can turn your attention to a civil personal injury lawsuit.
Florida law requires personal injury lawsuits to be filed with the court no more than two years after the date of injury. The statute of limitations used to give Florida accident victims four years, but it was revised on March 24, 2023. Accordingly, if your New Port Richey pedestrian accident occurred after that date, you have two years to file a lawsuit.
If you allow the statute of limitations to expire without acting, you will forfeit the opportunity to demand the compensation you deserve.
There are limited exceptions to this rule. Sometimes those exceptions can work against you – like if you believe the city of New Port Richey is responsible for your accident and injuries. In that situation, you may have even less time to file a claim for damages.
Don’t wait until time is about to run out to ask for the money you need. Call Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers immediately after an accident. We’ll take care of your injury claim from beginning to end, getting a jump-start with an investigation as soon as you ask for our help.
Our New Port Richey Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Are Here to Help
The New Port Richey pedestrian accident lawyers at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers are ready to help you fight for the compensation you deserve. We offer kind, compassionate, and effective legal representation to injury victims like you. Don’t hesitate to call to get us in your corner. Your first consultation is free, so there’s absolutely no risk in sitting down to discuss your case with our team. Call today.
Other Practice Areas In New Port Richey, FL
Here are some of the additional case types that our personal injury law firm in New Port Richey, FL can help with:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Boating Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in New Port Richey, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in New Port Richey, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
Hospitals Near Our Law Office in New Port Richey
- HCA Florida Trinity Hospital – 9330 FL-54, Trinity, FL 34655
- HCA Florida Trinity West Hospital, A part of HCA Florida Trinity Hospital – 5637 Marine Pkwy, New Port Richey, FL 34652
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.