An experienced New Port Richey child injury lawyer at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to hold all negligent parties accountable and recover the money your family deserves.
Since 1996, our legal team has fought to hold careless people responsible for the damage they cause. We’ve been successful–recovering more than $100 million dollars in compensation to help families move forward with their lives.
Are you ready to learn more about how we’ll fight to get the compensation you need to safeguard your child’s future? Don’t hesitate and give us a call at (727) 815-8442 for a free consultation with our legal team in New Port Richey today.
How Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After Your Child’s Injury in New Port Richey
Few things can be more traumatic than a serious childhood injury–for children and parents. When your child is suffering, it can be hard to know where to turn for help.
Our New Port Richey personal injury lawyers at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers have helped countless families navigate the personal injury process.
When you hire us to protect your family, your lawyer will:
- Launch a thorough investigation to identify all responsible parties
- Work with experts and specialists to assess the full value of your child’s damages
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf
- Advocate for your rights at trial if necessary
Serious injuries can be physically and emotionally traumatic for your child. They can also put you in a difficult financial position. Our New Port Richey personal injury attorneys are here to fight for the compensation you need and deserve. With more than 50 years of combined experience, you can count on us to protect your child’s future.
How Common Are Child Injuries?
Child injuries are shockingly common in Florida and across the U.S.
Auto accidents are one of the most common causes of child injuries nationwide. In 2019, motor vehicle accidents caused one in every four unintentional injury deaths among children younger than age 13.
Here are some alarming statistics that show how just how common child injuries are in the U.S:
- More than 4.5 million Americans are hurt by dog bites every year. It’s estimated that 51% of dog bite victims are children–and kids are far more likely to need medical attention to treat a dog bite injury
- Over 200,000 children visit the ER each year after suffering injuries on the playground
- Six to eight out of every 1,000 babies born will suffer a birth injury
- About ten people die from accidental drowning each day in the U.S.–and one in five are children under the age of 14
If your child was hurt because someone else was careless, you deserve justice. Call Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers today to learn more about how a lawyer can help.
Types of Child Injuries
Children can sustain a variety of serious injuries when they’re involved in an accident.
Some of the most common types of child injury include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Whiplash injuries
- Airbag injuries
- Seat Belt injuries
- Chest injuries
- Organ damage
- Broken bones
Serious injuries can impact a child more dramatically than adults. Children are smaller and often more vulnerable to injury. Their brains and bodies are still developing. It’s not unusual for treatment to be especially expensive.
If your child was hurt, you have enough on your plate. Let our attorneys in New Port Richey fight to hold the negligent party financially responsible. All you have to do is call our law offices to get started.
What Are the Long-Term Consequences of Child Injuries?
Children often suffer emotional trauma when they sustain severe physical injuries. That type of trauma can cause lasting damage well into adulthood.
Studies also show that childhood injuries are associated with an increased risk of mental illness, poor school performance, and even premature death.
Other injuries might cause:
- Chronic pain
- Mobility issues
- Difficulty participating in sports and activities
Of course, the long-term consequences of a child injury can vary dramatically, depending upon the specific injury.
What Causes Child Injuries?
A child can get hurt in any number of ways. Many of the common causes of child injuries also cause injuries to adults, such as motor vehicle accidents and falls. Unfortunately, children are more prone to being injured while engaging in recreational activities.
Some of the most common causes of child injuries in Florida include:
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Car accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Boating accidents
- Daycare accidents
- School and playground accidents
- Dog bites
- Firework accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Defective products, including defective toys, appliances, and child car seats
- Medical malpractice
- Assault and violence
- Child sexual abuse
If your child was injured because someone else was careless or reckless, our New Port Richey child injury attorneys are here to help. Just call our personal injury law firm today to set up a free case review. We’ll sit down, listen to what happened, and discuss your legal options.
Who is Responsible for Paying Damages in My Child Injury Case?
Under Florida state law, any party who caused your child’s injury can be held accountable for your family’s financial and emotional losses. In some cases, more than one person might share the blame. Each can be held financially responsible.
Depending on the circumstances, at-fault parties might include:
- Motor vehicle drivers
- Business owners
- Property owners
- Babysitters and caretakers
- Teachers and daycare providers
- Bus drivers
- The employer of a negligent person
- Manufacturers of defective toys or safety devices
- Dog owners
Our lawyers in New Port Richey will thoroughly investigate your case to identify all responsible parties.
What is My New Port Richey Child Injury Case Worth?
Child injury claims are unique in a number of ways. If you’re fortunate, your child might bounce back much more quickly than an adult. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case. Some childhood injuries can impact your child’s entire future.
In financial terms, these severe cases tend to be worth the most. Of course, no two cases are exactly alike.
To determine the value of your personal injury claim in Pasco County, we’ll look at a number of different factors, including:
- The nature of the injury
- Whether the accident caused a permanent disability or deficit
- The cost of your child’s medical care
- Whether you missed work to care for your child during recovery
- The need for ongoing medical treatment and rehabilitation
- The emotional impact of the accident and injury
- Whether the injury will impact your child’s future earning potential
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we aren’t afraid to demand the full compensation your child deserves. We’ll bring in experts and specialists who can help us evaluate your child’s current and future needs. That way, we won’t risk leaving money on the table.
What Compensation Can I Recover for My Child’s Injury in New Port Richey, Florida?
Money can’t take away your child’s pain after an accident in New Port Richey. However, it can help you pay for the high-quality medical care your child deserves. It can also help protect your child’s future if the injuries were permanent or especially severe.
Economic damages compensate victims and their families for out-of-pocket financial losses.
Common types of economic damages include:
- Medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Physical therapy
- Long-term care
Non-economic damages compensate you for the more subjective pain and distress an injury causes.
We’ll fight to recover fair compensation to account for your child’s:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
If you lost your loved one in a tragic accident, our lawyers can also help you pursue compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit.
How Long Do I Have to File a Child Injury Lawsuit in Florida?
Most accident victims in Florida have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit (as of March 24, 2023 – prior to this date, victims had four years to take legal action). The clock starts to run on the date of the accident. Once the two-year anniversary passes, the victim is barred from seeking compensation.
Minors, however, have additional time to file a claim. For children, the statute of limitations is paused for a period of time because the minor is legally unable to file a lawsuit. Children have seven years from the date of injury to take legal action.
Parents have the right to file a lawsuit for damages on behalf of a child. In most cases, it’s important to take legal action as quickly as possible. Our lawyers at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers are ready to put 50 years of combined experience to work for your family. Call our law group today to schedule your free case review to learn more.
Contact a New Port Richey Child Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Child injury cases can be particularly complex. It’s important to have an experienced attorney by your side. If your child was hurt, call a New Port Richey child injury lawyer at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation.
Other Practice Areas In New Port Richey, FL
Here are some of the additional case types that our personal injury law firm in New Port Richey, FL can help with:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Boating Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in New Port Richey, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in New Port Richey, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL