If you or a loved one were injured in an electric scooter accident in New Port Richey, Florida, you might be entitled to compensation. A skilled New Port Richey electric scooter accident lawyer at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight for money to cover medical bills, lost wages, and even your pain and suffering.
We are an established personal injury law firm with over 50 years of combined experience. Our lawyers have a proven track record of helping injured clients recover meaningful compensation for their injuries.
To date, we’ve recovered over $100 million in settlements and verdicts for accident victims in the Tampa Bay area. Find out how we can help with your case by calling our law offices in New Port Richey, Florida at (727) 815-8442 to schedule a free consultation today.
How Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Electric Scooter Accident in New Port Richey
Electric scooter riders have to share the roads with cars, trucks, pedestrians, and bicyclists. Unfortunately, they also don’t have much protection in an accident. While wearing a helmet can reduce the risk of brain damage, it can’t protect you from all injuries.
It can take a long time to recover from e-scooter accident injuries. It’s easy for your bills to add up during that time. Hiring an experienced personal injury attorney in New Port Richey can make a huge difference when it comes time to fight for fair compensation.
When you hire Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, you’ll have an experienced team to:
- Investigate the circumstances of your accident
- Determine who is responsible for your damages
- Hire specialists and experts when necessary to strengthen your case
- Calculate your case value
- Stand up for you if the insurance company blames you for causing your accident
- Negotiate with the insurance companies to recover the full compensation you deserve
Our founding attorney is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law. Our New Port Richey personal injury attorneys have also earned a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating and a perfect-10 Avvo rating. To learn more about how we can help with your scooter accident claim, call for a free consultation today.
How Common Are Electric Scooter Accidents in New Port Richey?
Electric scooter rental companies like Bird and Lime have become increasingly popular in recent years. New Port Richey recently implemented its own e-scooter rental program. Riders in New Port Richey can now visit a rental shop to rent an e-scooter for the day.
While e-scooters can offer a fun way to get around town, these rental programs have received mixed reviews. That’s because the increased availability of electric scooters has led to an increased risk of accidents.
According to recent reports, about 40,000 people were injured in electric scooter accidents over a four-year period. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) research shows that about 27,700 people visited the emergency room with e-scooter accident injuries in 2019.
What is My New Port Richey Electric Scooter Accident Case Worth?
The value of any personal injury case will vary depending on the facts. Because no two cases are exactly the same, our accident injury lawyers will carefully evaluate the circumstances of your injury. With that information, we can accurately assess your case value.
Some of the most important factors that we’ll examine include:
- The severity of your injuries
- The cost of your medical care and other expenses
- Whether your ability to work now or in the future is impacted
- Your physical pain and emotional trauma
- Damage to your quality of life
- Whether you contributed to the accident
Insurance companies use many scare tactics to convince victims to accept less money than they deserve. To find out what your case is really worth, we highly recommend hiring an experienced New Port Richey e-scooter accident attorney.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Electric Scooter Accident Victims?
Some of the most common types of damages accident victims sustain are:
- Past and future medical costs
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Nursing care
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life’s activities
- Anxiety and depression
- Loss of consortium
Our lawyers have been fighting for accident victims for decades. You can count on us to identify all of the damages you’ve suffered because of your accident. Just call our law firm in New Port Richey to schedule a free case evaluation today.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for an Electric Scooter Accident in Florida?
Don’t be shocked if the insurance company blames you for your injuries. In fact, if you were riding the e-scooter, you should expect that they’ll try to pin the blame on you.
Fortunately, you won’t lose your right to compensation as long as your share of fault is 50% or less. Under Florida’s modified comparative fault laws, your compensation can be reduced by your own percentage of fault, but you’ll be entitled to nothing if your allocated responsibility exceeds 50%.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Electric Scooter Accident Injuries
The most common injuries sustained in micro-mobility accidents are fractures, contusions, and abrasions. However, e-scooter accidents can cause devastating injuries. At least 41 people were killed in e-scooter accidents between 2017 and 2019.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we often represent clients who have sustained:
- Broken bones
- Other injuries to the arms and legs
- Head injuries and concussions
- Soft tissue injuries
- Nerve injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Joint injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Burns and road rash
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Electric scooters are small and don’t offer riders the same protections as a motor vehicle. So, it’s not surprising that e-scooter riders might suffer serious injuries in a car accident.
If you or a loved one were injured, don’t hesitate to reach out to our New Port Richey electric scooter accident attorneys for a free case review today.
What Causes Most Electric Scooter Accidents in New Port Richey, Florida?
The City of New Port Richey has implemented regulations designed to keep e-scooter riders safe. All rentals must be returned by 8:30. Rental companies are also required to provide riders with a helmet.
The state of Florida has its own set of rules. Under Florida law, people who rent micro-mobility devices are subject to many of the same rules that apply to bicycles.
Despite these detailed regulations, e-scooter accidents can and do happen for many different reasons.
Some of the most common causes of electric scooter accidents are:
- Reckless driving
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Dangerous turns
- Losing control of the e-scooter
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Damaged pavement and potholes
- Falling off the e-scooter
- Riders who leave the e-scooter in unsafe locations
- Lack of dedicated bike lanes or sidewalks
- Driving the e-scooter on the road
- Defective scooters
- Brake problems
- Failure to maintain the e-scooter
- Tripping over the scooter
- Riding double on the electric scooter
- Defective batteries or handlebars
Electric scooters can be difficult to maneuver, especially for inexperienced riders. Whether you were hurt riding the e-scooter or simply walking down the street, our lawyers in New Port Richey can help. Just give us a quick call to learn more about your legal options today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After an Electric Scooter Accident in Florida?
Determining the cause of your accident is the first step. With that information, we’ll have the evidence we need to prove that someone else’s negligence caused your injuries.
To prove negligence, you must establish four elements:
- Someone owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached that duty
- The breach directly caused the accident
- You suffered damages
It’s also possible that strict liability laws may apply. For example, if your accident happened because of a defective scooter, the manufacturer can be strictly liable for damages.
Our lawyers are here to gather the evidence you’ll need to prove your injury claim. We’ll interview witnesses, review police reports, and even locate video surveillance footage to find out what happened.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After an Electric Scooter Accident in Florida?
Every state limits the amount of time accident victims have to sue for damages. In Florida, the statute of limitations gives you two years from the accident date to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Prior to March 24, 2023, Florida law gave accident victims four years to take legal action. If your accident occurred after that date, you have two years to file your e-scooter accident claim.
Missing the deadline has serious consequences. Wait too long, and you lose your right to sue for damages entirely.
Contact a New Port Richey Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Did you or a family member sustain injuries in an accident involving an electric scooter? Recovering fair compensation can be difficult. Contact a New Port Richey lawyer at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. All you have to do is call (727) 815-8442 to schedule a free consultation.
Our personal injury law firm in New Port Richey also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Boating Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in New Port Richey, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in New Port Richey, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL