An experienced New Port Richey truck accident lawyer at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can help you if you were hurt in a truck accident in New Port Richey, Florida that was caused by someone else’s careless or reckless actions. Contact us today at (727) 815-8442.
We offer a free consultation so that you can learn more about your legal rights. Just call our New Port Richey law firm when you’re ready to schedule your case review.
How Can A Personal Injury Lawyer Help if I Was Hurt in a Florida Truck Accident?
Some of the most serious truck accidents are also entirely preventable. Our lawyers at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers want to keep the roads in our community safe for everyone. That’s why we’ve dedicated over 50 years of combined experience to helping accident victims get the legal advice they need.
After a serious accident, the only available justice is often financial compensation. Getting fair compensation after a truck accident is much more complex than in typical car accident cases. Employment laws and federal safety regulations often come into play–and more than one party may share in the blame.
Large trucking companies and commercial insurance carriers know what it takes to minimize their liability. You deserve the same experience and dedication in your corner.
When you hire Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, our New Port Richey personal injury lawyers will:
- Gather the evidence needed to support your injury claim
- Discuss your case with accident reconstruction experts, medical specialists, financial analysts and any other experts who can help establish your right to fair compensation
- Handle all communications with the insurance companies and defense lawyers
- Negotiate to get the best possible deal for you
- Make sure you understand your options and rights
- Protect your best interests and work to accomplish your goals every step of the way
If you were involved in a trucking accident in New Port Richey, call today to learn more about how we can help hold the responsible parties accountable.
Leading Causes of Truck Accidents in New Port Richey
Anyone who gets behind the wheel of a large commercial truck must have a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). These drivers are also subject to strict rules that limit their time behind the wheel. Unfortunately, in many collisions, driver error plays a significant role despite applicable safety rules.
Some of the most common causes of truck accidents in New Port Richey include:
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Failure to properly maintain the tractor-trailer
- Aggressive driving
- Drug or alcohol use
- Illegal turns
- Unsafe passing or lane changes
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Faulty brakes
- Worn tires
- Malfunctioning safety systems
- Defective vehicle components
Were you or a loved one hurt in a large truck or tractor-trailer accident? You can call us anytime to learn more about what we can do to protect your right to fair compensation.
Truck Accident Victims Often Suffer Severe, Life-Threatening Injuries
Commercial trucks, big-rigs, semi-trucks, and tractor-trailers are much larger and heavier than commercial vehicles. Crashes involving large trucks often happen because a loaded tractor-trailer can take 20-40% longer to stop than a traditional motor vehicle.
That means truck accident victims in smaller vehicles are much more likely to suffer severe injuries in a crash. Our New Port Richey truck accident attorneys can help you recover fair compensation for all of your injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Severe burns
- Loss of limbs
- Internal injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Chest injuries
- Broken bones
- Joint injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
These serious injuries often result in expensive medical treatments, long-term care and physical therapy. They can also keep you off the job at a time when you need money the most. If you were hurt in a truck or commercial vehicle accident, don’t hesitate to call for legal advice. Your first consultation is always 100% free.
We Handle All Types of Truck Accident Cases in New Port Richey, FL
Some examples of the types of truck accident cases we handle in New Port Richey, Florida include:
- Rollover accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Jackknife accidents
- Multi-vehicle crashes
- Override accidents
- Underride accidents
- Broadside collisions
The type of truck accident involved can have a significant impact on the type and extent of your injuries. It can also help us determine who or what might have caused the crash.
Potentially Liable Parties in a Truck Accident Case in New Port Richey
Under Florida’s comparative fault rules, every responsible party can be held liable for their fair share of the damages.
Potentially liable parties in a truck accident case may include:
- The trucking company
- A truck leasing company
- The truck driver
- A company responsible for inspecting and loading the truck cargo
- Maintenance companies
- Manufacturers of defective truck parts
- Another at-fault driver that caused a multi-vehicle crash
The driver is usually at least partly to blame. Under a legal theory called “vicarious liability,” the trucking company can be held responsible for their employees’ negligent driving. That means we may be able to pursue compensation from the trucking company’s insurance carrier even if the driver was at-fault.
Our Lawyers Will Investigate to Find Out What Caused the Crash
Before we can hold anyone accountable, we have to find out what caused your truck accident. The investigation stage is critical to getting the fair compensation you deserve. Trucking companies, insurance adjusters, and defense lawyers know this. They will all be at the accident scene as quickly as possible after the truck accident occurs.
Our lawyers can be there to even the score. When you hire us, you can rest assured that we will:
- Interview witnesses
- Bring in accident reconstruction specialists
- Obtain the hard evidence needed to prove fault, such as video surveillance, photos, and cell phone records
- Make sure nothing disappears while the at-fault party conducts their investigation
Visiting the scene of the accident is an important step, but it’s only the first step in the fight to get fair compensation for your injuries. Our personal injury attorneys will also locate evidence such as:
- The trucking company’s safety record
- The truck driver’s hours of service log
- Information about how the truck was loaded
- The truck’s inspection and maintenance history
- Alcohol and drug test results
- The truck’s electronic recording device
- The truck itself, so that we can inspect and photograph the vehicle
The trucking company usually controls the most valuable evidence in a truck evidence case. It isn’t always easy to get them to hand it over. Our lawyers have the experience and resources you need to obtain these types of hard evidence to support your case.
Don’t Delay: Call Before Time Runs Out
You don’t have an unlimited amount of time to file a personal injury claim. The Florida statute of limitations gives you two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. The law used to give you four years to take legal action, but it was updated on March 24, 2023. Accordingly, Florida truck accidents occurring after that date are subject to the two-year deadline.
Remember, a comprehensive investigation takes time. We put in the hard work necessary to build a case that’s ready for court. This approach makes sense even if we never see the inside of a courtroom–because insurance companies know that we’re prepared to advocate for fair compensation no matter what it takes.
Worried You Share the Blame? We’re Here to Help
The insurance company might try to blame you for causing the accident. If they can convince you that you did, you might be willing to accept a low settlement offer.
Florida’s modified comparative fault laws don’t eliminate your right to compensation unless your share of fault exceeds 50%. If your percentage of responsibility is 50% or less, your compensation award can be reduced to account for your share of the blame.
Damages Available to New Port Richey Truck Accident Victims
You have the right to compensation for past, current, and future expenses caused by the truck accident. You also have the right to money designed to make up for how a serious injury may have changed your life.
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, our personal injury attorneys will work with respected experts to help you get fair compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future medical expenses
- Lost future earning capacity
- Physical therapy
- Long-term care
- Medical devices and in-home modifications
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Anxiety and depression
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of your independence
If the truck accident was fatal, our lawyers can help you file a wrongful death lawsuit. You may be able to obtain compensation for the loss of your loved one’s company and support, as well as funeral and burial costs. For a free consultation, just give us a call today.
Schedule Your Free Consultation With a Respected New Port Richey Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one were seriously hurt in a truck accident, Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers will fight to get the most compensation possible to protect your future. Call our law offices to schedule a free consultation with an experienced New Port Richey truck accident lawyer today.
Other Practice Areas In New Port Richey, FL
Here are some of the additional case types that our personal injury law firm in New Port Richey, FL can help with:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Boating Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in New Port Richey, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
Auto Repair Shops Near Our Law Office in New Port Richey
- RPM Auto Repair- Pasco Auto Repair Company – 3324 Grand Blvd, Holiday, FL 34690
- Auto Technologies – 5300 Little Rd, New Port Richey, FL 34655
- RPM Auto Repair- Pasco Auto Repair Company – 3324 Grand Blvd, Holiday, FL 34690
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.