Have you been hurt in a taxi accident in New Port Richey, Florida? Contact Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers. You may be entitled to compensation and our New Port Richey taxi accident lawyers can help you fight to maximize your recovery.
With Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, you’ll benefit from the expertise of a Board Certified Civil Trial lawyer and a team with over 50 years of combined experience. Our attorneys are passionate advocates for taxicab accident victims, and our ability to help our clients achieve top results speaks for itself. We’ve won over $100 million in settlements and verdicts on their behalf.
Give our law office in New Port Richey a call to get our award-winning litigators in your corner.
How Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help If You’re Hurt in a Taxi Accident in New Port Richey, FL
Despite the rise of rideshare services like Uber and Lyft, taxis are still a popular form of transportation for many. However, like any car service, there’s still no guarantee that you’ll end up at your destination safely. When you are hurt in a car accident involving a taxi, it’s important to ask for legal help.
Why? Personal injury cases involving taxis can be complicated. Is the driver an independent contractor or do they work for a taxi service? Is the cab driver to blame, or is someone else at fault? What if you get blamed for the crash?
Our New Port Richey personal injury lawyers are here to help you tackle these important issues – and work to get you the compensation you deserve.
When you hire us to represent you after a taxi accident, we will:
- Make sure there’s a thorough and independent investigation into your taxi accident
- Gather accident reports, photographs, videos, vehicle maintenance records, taxi service hiring records and policies, medical records, and physical evidence from the scene that can be used to build and strengthen your claim
- Interview and depose witnesses
- Defend you if the taxi driver, an insurance company, or another party attempts to blame you
- Negotiate to get the best possible terms in a settlement
- Prepare to bring your case to a jury in Pasco County if a settlement can’t be reached
With Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, you never have to worry about the cost of legal representation. We work on a contingency fee basis, so there’s no upfront cost. You only pay if we win your case – no excuses, no exceptions. Call our law office in New Port Richey, FL to learn more.
What’s My New Port Richey Taxi Accident Case Worth?
There’s no standard settlement or value for taxi accident injury cases. However, many factors will be important when it comes to calculating how much money you might be able to get when you file a lawsuit.
- What types of injuries have you suffered?
- Will you make a full physical recovery?
- What kind of physical impairment, disability, or limitations will your injury cause?
- How has your ability to work and earn a living been affected?
- Do you share responsibility for the taxi accident?
- What kind of emotional trauma have you experienced?
- What out-of-pocket expenses have you had because of the crash?
- How old are you?
- Did the taxi accident aggravate any pre-existing medical conditions?
The more your life changes because of your taxi accident, the more you can expect your personal injury case to be worth.
Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers will help you understand more about your case and its value. Call our personal injury attorneys in New Port Richey today to set up a time to speak with a member of a team for free.
Why Do Most Taxi Accidents in New Port Richey Happen?
While a taxi accident can happen for just about any reason, some leading causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Parking or standing in the way of traffic
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Fatigued driving
- Road rage
- Unsafe passing
- Illegal turns
- Negligent vehicle maintenance
- Vehicle defects
- Road defects
- Road construction
- Negligent hiring
- Bad weather conditions
- Passenger negligence
It’s crucial to establish every potential cause of a taxicab accident. Once we know why your accident happened, our taxi accident attorneys in New Port Richey can begin to pursue compensation from anyone who’s at fault.
Who’s Liable For My Injuries After a Taxi Accident in New Port Richey?
After a thorough investigation and analysis of your taxi accident case, our legal team may determine that one or more of the following parties are liable:
- Negligent taxi driver
- Negligent third-party motorists, including drivers of passenger cars, Uber and Lyft drivers, motorcyclists, and bus drivers
- Bicyclists and pedestrians
- Manufacturers of defective vehicles or equipment
- Property owners
- Government agencies
You could also have a claim against the taxi service if the driver is an employee or if an unsafe taxi caused the crash. If the driver is a contractor, the service will most likely not be responsible for their negligent conduct.
What Damages Can Be Awarded in a Taxi Accident Case?
In Florida, victims of taxi accidents can secure damages for economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages include:
- Present medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Nursing assistance
- Out-of-pocket expenses, including the cost of a rental car, the cost of traveling for medical treatment, and other accident-related fees
- Lost wages and income
- Funeral and burial costs if a taxi accident in New Port Richey is fatal
Receiving economic damages should put you back in the financial situation you were in before the taxicab accident.
Non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Non-economic awards can be difficult to value since they’re so personal and intimate. Our attorneys will work with experts who can provide insight into how your taxi accident and resulting trauma have affected your life. With their life, we can advocate to recover compensation that fully reflects the trauma you’ve experienced.
Taxi Accidents Can Cause Severe Trauma to Passengers, Other Motorists
Whether you’re a passenger in the back of a can, driving another vehicle, or a pedestrian on the road, you can suffer severe and catastrophic injuries in a taxi accident.
Contact our New Port Richey car accident attorneys if you’ve been in a crash with a taxi and suffered:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Burn injury
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue damage
We can also provide support and guidance if you’ve lost a family member in a fatal taxi accident in New Port Richey, FL. Call our law office to learn more about filing a personal injury or wrongful death claim to make things right.
What’s the Statute of Limitations For Florida Taxi Accident Lawsuits?
Florida has a two-year time limit that applies to taxi accident lawsuits. The statute of limitations in Florida used to apply a four-year time limit. However, it was revised on March 24, 2023, giving accident victims less time to act. If your New Port Richey taxi accident happened after 3/24/23, you have two years to file your claim.
If you wait too long and miss the deadline that applies to the case, you’ll give up the opportunity to recover the compensation you need and deserve.
You can prevent this from happening by giving our law office in New Port Richey a call immediately after your taxi crash. Our team can begin to investigate, build a case, and file necessary documents as soon as you ask for our help.
What Do I Have to Prove to Win a Taxi Injury Lawsuit in New Port Richey?
Taxi accident cases are generally based on negligence. You, as the victim, allege that someone else failed to act reasonably under the circumstances and, as a result, you got hurt.
To prove negligence in your taxi accident case, you’ll have to establish:
- The taxi driver (or another party) owed you a duty of care
- This duty of care was breached in some way
- The taxi driver’s conduct was the cause of your injury, and
- You’ve suffered damages.
Taxis are common carriers, which can impact your negligence case. As a common carrier, a taxi is expected to use the utmost care to make sure its passengers make it safely to their destination. So, taxi drivers have to be even more careful than other drivers on the road. Even minor mistakes can be used as proof of a breach of the duty of care owed to you.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced New Port Richey Taxi Accident Lawyer
Were you recently in an accident with a taxi cab in New Port Richey, FL? Contact Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers. Our award-winning New Port Richey taxi accident lawyers can help you seek meaningful compensation from the cab driver, taxi service, and other liable parties.
We offer a complimentary case evaluation, so don’t hesitate to call our New Port Richey law office to schedule a time for yours today.
Our personal injury law firm in New Port Richey also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Boating Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in New Port Richey, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in New Port Richey, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL