If you or a family member have recently been injured in a bicycle accident in New Port Richey, you may be entitled to compensation. The experienced New Port Richey bicycle accident lawyers at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers will fight to maximize your financial recovery. Give our law office a call to learn more.
How Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Bicycle Accident in New Port Richey
Wearing a helmet can help to reduce the likelihood of brain injuries and death. However, riders involved in bicycle accidents still tend to suffer severe, catastrophic injuries. The costs that stem from these types of accidents can be overwhelming. Medical bills can add up quickly and a loss of income can make a tough situation even worse.
There’s a chance that the costs of a bicycle accident will affect a rider for the rest of their life. Fortunately, compensation can be awarded if someone else is responsible for causing the crash.
One of the most important decisions you can make after a bicycle accident is hiring an experienced New Port Richey personal injury lawyer to represent your interests. Making this simple move can strip insurance companies of any advantage they might have had. When you hire the team at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, you tip the scales in your favor.
Our law firm is represented by two Board Certified civil litigators. Collectively, our team has 65+ years of experience handling the most complex personal injury cases. We know what it takes to win, and we’re ready to fight for you.
When you turn to our legal team for help after a bike accident in New Port Richey, expect us to:
- Provide you with the compassionate, approachable legal representation you deserve
- Offer guidance and support throughout the claims process
- Conduct an exhaustive investigation into your accident
- Gather and analyze relevant evidence, including photographs, video footage, police reports, medical records, and witness statements
- Work closely with accident and injury experts as we build and value your claim
- Take care of all conversations with insurance adjusters and other parties on your behalf
- Provide counsel as you are asked to make the tough decisions – like if you want to settle or have our Board Certified civil law specialists take your case to court
Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers understands how tough the time after an accident can be. So, let our AV® rated lawyers fight for you. This way, you have the time you need to focus on recovering and rebuilding your life. We’ll take care of our pursuit of compensation. Call today to get started with a free case evaluation.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in New Port Richey?
Bicycle accidents are quite common in New Port Richey.
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were 191 bike accidents in Pasco County in 2019. Back in 2011, there were a total of 127 car accidents involving bicyclists in the same region.
In just a few short years, the number of bicycle crashes in New Port Richey and Pasco County has surged by more than 50 percent.
Leading Causes of New Port Richey Bicycle Accidents
There’s a bicycle accident just about every other day in and around New Port Richey. Why? There is a multitude of reasons that these types of collisions happen. However, many crashes are caused, at least in part, by negligent motorists. Drivers who share the road with cyclists cause accidents by:
- Driving distracted
- Driving drunk
- Racing to “beat” a red light at an intersection
- Failing to look for or yield the right of way to cyclists at a crossroads
- Making unsafe or illegal turns
- Driving too closely to cyclists on the road
- Failing to maintain their lane
Not all bike accidents are caused – in whole or in part – by motorists on the road. Sometimes other factors cause an accident – even a cyclist’s own negligence. Examples include riders failing to obey traffic laws or wear proper safety gear, including reflectors and lights; rider distraction; defective vehicles, bikes, or safety equipment; time of day or weather; and unsafe road conditions.
Determining Liability in Your New Port Richey Bicycle Accident Case
Under Florida state law, anyone who contributes to a bicycle accident will assume some of the liability for the consequences. So, it is very important to be thorough when investigating a crash and establishing the cause(s).
Depending on why your accident happened, one or more of the following parties may be on the hook for damages:
- Drivers of passenger cars, trucks, buses, and other vehicles on the road
- Other bicyclists
- Mass transit companies
- Employers of negligent parties
- Government agencies or municipalities
- Manufacturers of defective vehicles or safety components
- Property owners
Our New Port Richey personal injury attorneys will dig deep and carefully scrutinize your bicycle accident from every possible angle. We’ll work diligently to determine why the accident happened and, in turn, identify who is to blame. With that information in hand, we can seek compensation from all at-fault parties on your behalf.
Sharing Fault for a Bike Accident in Florida
Florida has a modified comparative fault system that prevents injury victims from receiving compensation if they share more than 50% of the blame for the accident. Essentially, your financial award will be reduced in direct proportion to the degree of blame that is allocated to you.
If you’re 15 percent at fault, your damages will be reduced by 15 percent to reflect that. However, if you’re 51% at fault, you cannot recover any money for your damages.
Insurance adjusters will, in all likelihood, attempt to shift as much – if not all – of the blame to you for the bike accident as they can. If they are successful, your ability to recover compensation will be compromised.
Our New Port Richey bicycle accident attorneys will stand up and help you fight these tactics. We’ll deflect claims that you share fault using strong evidence and facts. If you do share a bit of responsibility, our team will do everything in its power to limit how much fault is allocated to you. The smaller your share of fault, the higher your settlement or award can be.
How Much is My New Port Richey Bicycle Accident Case Worth?
The value of your case will be directly related to the type and severity of your injuries and how your life is changed as a result of the accident. What are your out-of-pocket costs? Will you be able to continue working? What kind of emotional toll has the crash taken on you? All of these things will factor in when it comes to determining what your case is worth.
You can count on Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers to make sure that we have a deep and thorough understanding of your case. We’ll enlist the aid of experts as we work to appreciate the seriousness of your injuries and how they will affect you – today and in the future. The more comprehensive our understanding, the better situated we’ll be to secure a sizable financial settlement or award on your behalf.
Damages Available to Bicycle Accident Victims in New Port Richey
Under Florida law, this typically includes money for:
- Present medical expenses
- Future medical costs
- Lost income and wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life
- Loss of limb, disfigurement, and scarring
- Wrongful death
Let our attorneys help you fight to secure maximum compensation from those who are responsible for your bicycle accident.
We’ll work hard to get you every last dollar you deserve.
Act Quickly – There’s a Time Limit For Filing an Injury Claim in Florida
You will have a limited window of time in which you can file a civil personal injury lawsuit and demand to be compensated for your bike accident injuries.
Most personal injury cases are subject to a two-year time limit. Florida law used to give victims four years to take legal action. However, the statute of limitations was reduced to two years on March 24, 2023. So, if your New Port Richey bicycle crash happened after that date, you must take legal action within two years of the accident.
The statute of limitations for wrongful death actions is two years from the date of a victim’s death. And, you’ll have even less time if the government or a municipality is named as a defendant.
If you miss the deadline that applies to your case, you will be barred from recovering the money you deserve.
Don’t wait until time is about to run out to call our law office for help. There’s a lot of value in getting started on your case as soon as possible after you get hurt. The sooner our attorneys can begin investigating and building your personal injury claim, the more likely it is that we’ll be able to preserve evidence and put together a strong demand for compensation on your behalf.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With Our New Port Richey Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Since 1996, Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers has been fighting for bike accident victims in New Port Richey. Our firm is AV® rated and led by two attorneys who are Board Certified in Civil Trial law by the Florida Bar Association. We’ve obtained more than $100 Million (and counting) for our clients. We are ready to put our experience, reputation, and skills to work to help you. Just contact our New Port Richey bicycle accident lawyers to get started. Your first consultation is free, so call us now.
Other Practice Areas In New Port Richey, FL
Here are some of the additional case types that our personal injury law firm in New Port Richey, FL can help with:
- Boating Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Electric Scooter Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in New Port Richey, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorneys in New Port Richey, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in New Port Richey, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in New Port Richey, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in New Port Richey, FL