Mark Roman | June 6, 2014 | Personal Injury
Summer will arrive this year on June 21, and with it will come outdoor activities, fireworks, and more. In preparation for summer, Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers has provided a list of 5 tips you need for a safe summer.
- Protect Yourself from the Sun – Sunburns are often a normal part of summer, and while they might seem like a small matter, excessive UV sun damage could lead to skin cancer and other types of damage later in life. UV radiation can also cause eye damage, immune system problems, and premature aging. Be sure to protect yourself and your children this summer by wearing hats, applying sunscreen, and limiting overall sun exposure.
- Stay Safe While Swimming and Boating –Drowning accidents are a serious cause for concern. If your summer fun will involve swimming or boating, be sure to take extra precaution to stay safe. Steps you can take include: always supervising your children when they’re in or near the water, wearing life vests and flotation devices when appropriate, and only using pool/boating products as intended.
- Stay Cool to Avoid Heatstroke – Heatstroke is more common than one might think, and it is actually life threatening. The telltale sign of heatstroke is an internal temperature at or above 105 degrees Fahrenheit. Other symptoms include fainting, headache, dizziness, weakness, dry mouth/no perspiration. If at all possible, avoid excessive exposure to extreme heat and stay hydrated.
- Summer Parties? Don’t Drink and Drive! – One of the biggest threats to safety at all times of the year, but especially during the summer months, is drunking and driving. If you will be drinking at parties this summer, do the smart thing and designate a driver or take a cab home. Drunking and driving isn’t worth the damage it could cause to your life or someone else’s life.
- Be Safe Around Fireworks – Fireworks are a quintessential part of summer, particularly on the Fourth of July. Fireworks should only be handled by trained professionals. In 2010 alone, fireworks caused over 15,000 fires. Other types of fires, such as outdoor grill fires, also peak during the summer months.
Contact the Clearwater Personal Injury Law Firm of Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers for Help Today
For more information, please contact the legal team of Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers for a free initial consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Clearwater. We have five convenient locations in Florida: Clearwater, New Port Richey, and Tampa.
Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers – Clearwater Office
1811 N. Belcher Road, Suite I-1
Clearwater, FL 33765
Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers – Congress Ave Office
2360 Congress Avenue
Clearwater, FL 33763
Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers – Tampa Office
6601 Memorial Hwy Suite 202
Tampa, FL 33615
Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers – New Port Richey Office
2515 Seven Springs Blvd.
New Port Richey, FL, 34655