Mark Roman | June 6, 2014 | Newsletter Article, Personal Injury
Summer will arrive this year on June 21, and with it will come outdoor activities, fireworks, and more. In preparation for summer, Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers has provided a list of 5 tips you need for a safe summer.
- Protect Yourself from the Sun – Sunburns are often a normal part of summer, and while they might seem like a small matter, excessive UV sun damage could lead to skin cancer and other types of damage later in life. UV radiation can also cause eye damage, immune system problems, and premature aging. Be sure to protect yourself and your children this summer by wearing hats, applying sunscreen, and limiting overall sun exposure.
- Stay Safe While Swimming and Boating –Drowning accidents are a serious cause for concern. If your summer fun will involve swimming or boating, be sure to take extra precaution to stay safe. Steps you can take include: always supervising your children when they’re in or near the water, wearing life vests and flotation devices when appropriate, and only using pool/boating products as intended.
- Stay Cool to Avoid Heatstroke – Heatstroke is more common than one might think, and it is actually life threatening. The telltale sign of heatstroke is an internal temperature at or above 105 degrees Fahrenheit. Other symptoms include fainting, headache, dizziness, weakness, dry mouth/no perspiration. If at all possible, avoid excessive exposure to extreme heat and stay hydrated.
- Summer Parties? Don’t Drink and Drive! – One of the biggest threats to safety at all times of the year, but especially during the summer months, isdrinking and driving. If you will be drinking at parties this summer, do the smart thing and designate a driver or take a cab home. Drinking and driving isn’t worth the damage it could cause to your life or someone else’s life.
- Be Safe Around Fireworks – Fireworks are a quintessential part of summer, particularly on the Fourth of July. Fireworks should only be handled by trained professionals. In 2010 alone, fireworks caused over 15,000 fires. Other types of fires, such as outdoor grill fires, also peak during the summer months.
Contact the Personal Injury Law Firm Of Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers To Get The Help You Deserve
If you need help with your injury case or you want to learn more information, please call the Personal Injury law firm of Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers at (727) 787-2500 or visit the nearest location to schedule a free case evaluation today.
We serve Pinellas County, Pasco County, Hillsborough County, and its surrounding areas:
If you would prefer to email us, please visit our contact page.