Speeding is a leading cause of accidents in New Port Richey, Florida. The devastation left behind after a speeding accident can be tremendous. You could be rendered permanently disabled, unable to work, and facing a lifetime of pain and suffering. You should not have to shoulder this burden alone.
If you were hurt in a crash caused by speeding, we can help. A New Port Richey speeding accident lawyer from Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can help you get full compensation following your accident.
How Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Speeding Accident in New Port Richey
At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we have over 50 years of combined legal experience. Our founding attorney, Mark Roman, is board-certified in Civil Trial Law and is listed among Tampa Bay’s Top Trial Lawyers. Our team of trusted New Port Richey car accident lawyers assists personal injury victims injured in speeding accidents by:
- Investigating the crash and the factors that contributed to it
- Explaining how Florida’s Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage works and your options for filing a lawsuit for additional damages
- Gathering accident reports, speeding tickets, red light camera footage, and other evidence to show speeding was a primary factor in the accident
- Consulting with expert witnesses, as necessary, to further bolster your case
- Determining the value of your claim
- Negotiating for fair compensation and filing a lawsuit if needed
Take advantage of our free case review and contact us today in New Port Richey, FL, to get started.
The Dangers of Speeding
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that speeding killed 12,330 people in 2021, encompassing 29% of all fatal motor vehicle accidents. The NHTSA says that speeding is dangerous because it has all of the following effects:
- It increases the likelihood that a driver will lose control of their vehicle.
- It increases the necessary distance to stop the vehicle after the driver recognizes a hazard.
- It increases the crash severity and likelihood of serious injuries.
- It decreases the effectiveness of vehicle safety equipment.
In Florida, there were 211 fatal speeding accidents in 2021. Additionally, there were 509 incapacitating injury accidents and 1,901 non-incapacitating injury crashes in the state related to speeding alone in 2021.
Common Speeding Injuries in New Port Richey
The combined force of two vehicles colliding at top speeds can result in serious injuries, such as:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Seatbelt injuries
- Airbag injuries
- Damage to internal organs
- Chest injuries
- Fractured bones
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Soft tissue injuries
Many of these injuries may be so severe that you can step outside the no-fault system and recover compensation for the full extent of your damages if you can prove the other driver was at fault for the crash.
How Can I Prove Speeding Caused My New Port Richey Car Crash?
Proving speeding may require you to have objective evidence, such as:
- The defendant’s admission of speeding
- The law enforcement officer citing the other driver for speeding on the accident report
- Physical damage to the vehicles that indicates speeding
- Odometer readings from a speed monitoring device before the accident
- Reports from witnesses who saw the other driver speeding
- Accident reconstruction reports
If you were injured in a speeding crash caused by someone else’s careless decisions, contact our dedicated legal team for help with your claim. Let us pursue the justice and accountability you deserve.
What Compensation Is Available To Speeding Crash Victims in New Port Richey?
If you are injured because of someone else’s carelessness may be entitled to economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses for past, current, and future medical treatment
- Lost employment wages and benefits
- Reduced earning capacity if the accident left you disabled
- Costs to repair or replace your damaged vehicle
- Pain, anguish, suffering, and distress
If you’d like to find out what your speeding accident claim might be worth, reach out to us today.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our New Port Richey Speeding Crash Lawyers
Were you recently injured in a crash caused by speeding in New Port Richey? If so, a New Port Richey speeding accident attorney from Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers can help. We can investigate your case, gather compelling evidence, and pursue maximum compensation for the harm you suffered because of someone else’s carelessness. Call us today at (727) 815-8442 to take advantage of your free case review.