Head-on collisions in Clearwater, Florida, can be some of the most devastating car accidents to experience. These types of crashes occur when two vehicles traveling in opposite directions collide, and the force from the impact can be catastrophic.
If you’ve been involved in a head-on crash, you should speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced attorney can provide legal assistance and help determine your next steps in recovering the compensation you’re entitled to. For legal assistance involving motor vehicle accidents such as Clearwater car accidents, motorcycle accidents in Clearwater, truck accidents, taxi accidents, bus accidents, contact an experienced Clearwater crash attorney at Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers today. Don’t hesitate to give us a call at (727) 787-2500 to schedule a free consultation.
How Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Head-On Car Accident in Clearwater
Our knowledgeable attorneys are here to help you get the compensation you deserve after a head-on crash in Clearwater, Florida. Here’s how we can help:
- We will work hard to determine what caused your crash and who is responsible for it, so we know who to file a claim against. We will gather evidence, speak with witnesses, and consult expert witnesses.
- We will always make sure all documentation is submitted in a timely manner so that no deadlines are missed.
- Insurance companies can be difficult to deal with, so we will handle all communications with them while you focus on your recovery.
- If a trial is necessary, we will represent you and make sure you understand our strategy and what happens during a trial.
If you recently experienced a head-on crash, contact Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation with one of our Clearwater car accident attorneys.
How Often Do Car Accidents Occur in Clearwater?
Car accidents are unfortunately common in the State of Florida. Statistics indicate that:
- In the first two months of 2023, Florida has already seen almost 35,000 motor vehicle crashes, including 239 fatalities and 21,866 injuries.
- In the first two months of 2023, Pinellas County, where Clearwater is located, has experienced more than 1,300 crashes, with 11 fatal crashes and almost 800 injuries.
This means that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of car accidents across the state every single day, on average.
Overview of Head-on Crashes in Clearwater, Florida
Head-on crashes are considered to be among the most dangerous types of accidents due to the enormous amount of force generated when two vehicles collide head-on.
This type of collision has an extremely concentrated impact, which can cause severe damage to both cars and their occupants. In extreme cases, these collisions can be fatal and cause long-lasting consequences for those affected – both physically and emotionally.
Common Injuries Resulting From Head-On Collisions
Due to the high speed and force of impact during head-on collisions, victims often suffer serious injuries that require medical treatment and time away from work for recovery. Some of the most common injuries resulting from these types of crashes include:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Neck and back pain
- Internal organ damage/internal bleeding
- Psychological trauma (anxiety/depression)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Loss of limbs
- Permanent disability
What Causes Head-on Crashes?
Head-on collisions can often be attributed to various forms of driver negligence and distracted driving. Talking on the phone, texting, eating or drinking, adjusting vehicle controls, and attending to children are all distractions that lead to such accidents.
Liability in a Head-on Crash
The aftermath of a head-on crash can be devastating, and victims are often left feeling overwhelmed and vulnerable. Who is liable for the crash? How do you prove liability?
When it comes to personal injury cases, there are many questions that need answering, and it can be difficult to navigate the system without a knowledgeable attorney by your side.
Negligence is the cause of action most car accident claims are based on; it means something similar to “carelessness.” Drivers are expected to exercise reasonable care while driving and follow all traffic laws. Failure to do so means they could be deemed negligent and be held responsible for any resulting damages or injuries.
Different types of evidence can be used to prove negligence during trials and negotiations, including the following:
- Witness testimony from those who witnessed the accident.
- Medical records from treating physicians documenting injuries sustained as a result of the crash.
- Police reports, which provide information about who was at fault according to law enforcement personnel.
- Expert witnesses such as accident reconstructionists may also testify regarding their analysis and opinion on liability.
A skilled Clearwater car accident lawyer can help present the best version of your negligence claim. Call Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers today for more information.
Who Is Liable for a Head-On Collision in Clearwater?
In the case of a head-on collision, multiple parties could be responsible for the accident. Some potential parties include:
In the unfortunate event of a head-on collision, the other driver is often the first to be held liable for any acts of negligence. This could include speeding, reckless driving, inattention while on the road, or failing to observe necessary rules and regulations.
In some cases, a head-on collision may not be due to driver negligence alone. Defective parts can sometimes cause crashes, and if this is the case, the manufacturer may hold some of the blame in a potential lawsuit.
Accidents on public roads can often be attributed to inadequate or poor signage or neglectful maintenance. In these cases, governments may be held accountable for sidestepping their duty to ensure that roads are safe and sufficiently marked with warnings of any dangers.
Suppose an employee was driving recklessly during work hours and was involved in an accident. In that case, their employer could also bear some responsibility for any damage caused by their employee’s negligence.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Clearwater Head-on Crash Lawyers
If you’ve been involved in an accident and need legal assistance, contact Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation with one of our Clearwater head-on crash attorneys.
Our law firm handles all types of car accident cases involving: