At Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, we have over 50 years of combined legal experience representing accident victims in the greater Tampa, FL, area. During this time, we have worked with clients who have suffered common injuries from Tampa car accidents.
Our car accident lawyers can fight tirelessly to pursue the compensation you deserve after suffering serious injuries caused by someone else’s negligence. Contact us today at (813) 686-7588 to learn more about your legal rights and options.
How Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After You Sustain an Injury in a Tampa Car Accident
Our Tampa car accident attorneys lean on decades of legal experience to help achieve favorable outcomes for our clients. Our founding attorney, Mark Roman, is a board-certified specialist in civil litigation by the Florida Bar, a distinction only 2% of Florida attorneys can claim. This means that he has extensive knowledge and experience in the trial arena, so he’s not afraid to take your case to court when necessary.
When you hire Roman Austin Personal Injury Lawyers, you can trust us to:
- Answer any questions you have about the legal process ahead
- Investigate your accident and identify all parties responsible for it
- Review all insurance policies that apply to your case
- Gather strong evidence to establish your claim
- Negotiate for fair compensation on your behalf
Learn why we are recognized as Tampa Bay’s Top Trial Lawyers when you contact us for a free case review. Our attorneys in Tampa, Florida, also work on a contingency fee basis – that means we only get paid attorney’s fees if we secure compensation for you.
How Common Are Car Accident Injuries In Tampa?
According to the Florida Crash Dashboard, 28,355 motor vehicle accidents occurred in Hillsborough County in 2022. Of these, there were 228 fatalities and 19,278 injuries. As the largest city in Hillsborough County, many of these accidents and injuries can likely be attributed to Tampa.
Common Types of Car Accident Injuries in Tampa
Some of the most common types of car accident injuries include the following:
Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries can occur when your head impacts a hard surface in the vehicle, such as the dashboard, steering wheel, or seat in front of you. In some cases, the force of the accident is so strong that your brain crushes into the inside of your skull without even impacting a separate hard surface.
Traumatic brain injuries can result in brain damage and life-altering effects. These injuries are not always immediately apparent, but prompt medical treatment is necessary to mitigate the damage.
In addition to potentially damaging your head, your face could also be damaged in a car accident, including:
- Eye injuries
- Dental trauma
- Broken bones
Seek immediate medical attention if you suffer any of these injuries, as they can be serious and significantly impact your life.
Spinal Cord Injuries
The back can absorb much of the force involved in a motor vehicle accident, so it’s no wonder that spinal cord injuries commonly occur after car accidents. Some spinal cord injuries can result in partial or total paralysis.
Due to the position of the body in a car during an accident, ribs may be injured. Rib injuries may include painful broken or bruised ribs. Some injuries may penetrate the ribs and injure internal organs, including the heart, lungs, or intestines.
Car accidents are a significant cause of broken bones. Some complex fractures may require surgery. Others can require the victim to miss significant time from work as they heal.
Soft Tissue Injuries
The body’s muscles, tendons, ligaments, and other soft tissues are no match for the brunt force involved in car accidents. Victims may suffer various soft tissue injuries, such as:
- Torn cartilage
These injuries can be painful and difficult to diagnose.
Some car accidents lead to psychological injuries due to the trauma involved in the accident. Accident victims may suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, or anxiety.
Factors That Impact the Injuries Tampa Car Accident Victims Suffer
There are various factors that affect the injuries you may suffer in a car accident, such as:
- The direction of travel
- The combined speed of the vehicles
- The size and type of vehicles involved in the crash
- The vehicles’ safety features
- Where you were seated in the vehicle
- Your age and health
One of the most influential factors in the potential injuries you might suffer is the type of car accident you are involved in. Here are some things to know about some of the most common types of car accidents:
- Rear-end collisions – Rear-end collisions thrust victims in the lead vehicle forward, commonly causing head injuries and whiplash.
- Angle accidents – Angle accidents often occur at intersections, when one vehicle crashes into another that is turning. Sometimes they may involve higher speeds, which increases the risk of catastrophic injuries. Seatbelts are not designed to prevent people from sliding from side to side in the event of a crash, so these accidents can also cause head trauma, back injuries, and neck injuries.
- Front-end collisions – Front-end collisions can result in deadly injuries. These accidents often involve high speeds or impaired drivers. Injuries may include traumatic head injuries, spinal cord injuries, seat belt injuries, and airbag injuries.
- Sideswipe crashes – Sideswipe accidents often cause soft tissue injuries. Most vehicles have less safety protection on the sides of vehicles, leaving accident victims vulnerable.
Any of these types of accidents can result in the need to seek medical treatment for injuries you suffer.
Medical Treatment for Car Accident Injuries in Tampa, Florida
Depending on the nature and severity of your injuries, you may require medical treatment such as:
- Emergency medical treatment
- Follow-up care
- Physical therapy
- Specialist visits
- Chiropractic care
An experienced accident lawyer can seek the compensation you need to pay for these expenses.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Tampa Car Accident Lawyers
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Tampa, Florida, you need a personal injury law firm that is prepared to fight aggressively for the compensation you deserve. We have extensive experience helping victims who have suffered these common injuries in car accidents. We can help fight for your fair compensation. Call us today for your free case review with an experienced Tampa car accident attorney.